• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players No Longer on GoGriz.com Roster

grzz

DONOR
This is posted on the recruiting forum in the new recruits thread (which is naturally where one would look for it). Figured it was worth discussing on the main board, as it is about guys who are well past recruitment. :thumb:

Paytonlives said:
Egbo
Eastwood
And Nagler

Not on the gogriz roster

grzz said:
This is posted on the recruiting forum in the new recruits thread (which is naturally where one would look for it). Figured it was worth discussing on the main board, as it is about guys who are well past recruitment. :thumb:

Paytonlives said:
Egbo
Eastwood
And Nagler

Not on the gogriz roster

Add Germer and Vinyard. Not quite sure how accurate that is though. Historically Taber and the administration are fairly awful at keeping the roster up to date during this time of the year. Won’t know for sure until it is announced or we don’t see them during spring ball.

wow...some ofthose names are surprising to me.....I believe that Hauck is true to his word...the best players play...period.

dayday said:
grzz said:

Paytonlives said:
Egbo
Eastwood
And Nagler

Not on the gogriz roster

Add Germer and Vinyard. Not quite sure how accurate that is though. Historically Taber and the administration are fairly awful at keeping the roster up to date during this time of the year. Won’t know for sure until it is announced or we don’t see them during spring ball.

I get that it might not be updated, but didn't someone have to "update" it to REMOVE those names? Seems odd a name would get removed if the player was still with the program....

whatever happened to the kid from Hawaii that got in trouble in Bozo the night before the Griz cat game? One of the kids said there was some kind of a fight or something.

Beyond the other ones noted (Josh Egbo, Jed Nagler, Adam Eastwood, Mason Vinyard and Nick Germer), Dylan Eickmeyer, OG, was a junior on last fall's roster and he is no longer listed there. They appear to join other underclassmen previously noted as leaving (Caine Fitiausi-Fung, Marcus Hee, and Jesse Owens).

Jed Nagler had an unfortunate series of injuries that likely derailed a promising career. Sad to see him leave the team and I assume it was injury related without knowing more. He played several positions but Coach Hauck really expected him to make an impact at DE last season due to his speed and athleticism. Wishing him all the best.

Some things I noticed on the roster, we have two #29s both listed as CB’s. (Dewaters and Tolliver)

I thought Arnston would get to burn a redshirt on last year coming from NAIA to FCS while sitting out.

Certainly Eastwood leaving is no surprise. He was, what, fifth on the depth chart this year and next season would have sunk even further. Good kid, but he was never a DI back.

EverettGriz said:
Good kid, but he was never a DI back.

I thought this since he started Haucks first year back. I and a few others were chewed on at times for voicing this opinion his first year though.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
EverettGriz said:

I thought this since he started Haucks first year back. I and a few others were chewed on at times for voicing this opinion his first year though.

Me too on both accounts. And no doubt we still will take heat from a few...uhh...one poster.

EverettGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
EverettGriz said:

Me too on both accounts. And no doubt we still will take heat from a few...uhh...one poster.

He must have seen his grandfather in an airport 30 years ago.

Htowngriz said:
EverettGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
EverettGriz said:

He must have seen his grandfather in an airport 30 years ago.

:clap: :lol:

EverettGriz said:
Certainly Eastwood leaving is no surprise. He was, what, fifth on the depth chart this year and next season would have sunk even further. Good kid, but he was never a DI back.

A player who is recruited to San Diego St. and then starts at UM the next year, getting 514 yards and 9 TD's, averaging 4.1 per carry, is a D-I back by definition. He averaged 5.2 yards in 22 carries and had I TD this season.

Ostmo averaged 3.8 per carry. Turner had 105 yards and I TD this season. Are they not D-I backs?

You never played the gamers should stick to a sport you know something about.

Eastwood may not be good enough for you. He wasn't a starter this year after the first game or two, but he was a D-I back.

I assume he wants to go somewhere where he will play more, or maybe just retire. Good luck to him.

AZGrizFan said:
dayday said:
grzz said:

Paytonlives said:
Egbo
Eastwood
And Nagler

Not on the gogriz roster

I get that it might not be updated, but didn't someone have to "update" it to REMOVE those names? Seems odd a name would get removed if the player was still with the program....

AZ that has always been odd to me too. Where do they go? Because we all know that the roster has been wrong before and kids have popped back up. I have heard Germer but figured I would wait on him until he is removed from the roster, seeing as his Dad coaches and all one would think they would be correct on that.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

A player who is recruited to San Diego St. and then starts at UM the next year, getting 514 yards and 9 TD's, averaging 4.1 per carry, is a D-I back by definition. He averaged 5.2 yards in 22 carries and had I TD this season.

Ostmo averaged 3.8 per carry. Turner had 105 yards and I TD this season. Are they not D-I backs?

You never played the gamers should stick to a sport you know something about.

Eastwood may not be good enough for you. He wasn't a starter this year after the first game or two, but he was a D-I back.

I assume he wants to go somewhere where he will play more, or maybe just retire. Good luck to him.

Eastwood sucked and Hauck's blind-loyalty to him almost derailed this season. I've never heard of ANY Griz player that started the season as a starter and end up being a mop-up duty pity-case by the end of the season.

Back