• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Msu loses McGhee to the Houston Texans

I think it will be easy to replace him as a RB coach...let’s face it he was a QB. But you can’t replace his fire and audacity and energy, so that part hurts a bit.

He was their recruiting coordinator correct? That may hurt a little there too. What a great opportunity for him though. Always liked DMac

That’ll be a loss for them and a gain for us. Wish him well. Always really liked him, even a little while he wore a scats jersey.

His ties to the Texas high schools will be missed, also, he is a very nice, respectful kid and I am sure that helps a lot with the parents of the recruits. Big loss for them.

indian-outlaw said:
His ties to the Texas high schools will be missed, also, he is a very nice, respectful kid and I am sure that helps a lot with the parents of the recruits. Big loss for them.

I was thinking the similar thing with regards to a potential loss to Texas high school connection. Wish the dude the best on his NFL venture. Hopefully spring boards him into something more coaching wise at that level. One never knows a few years down the road maybe he will be the sCats head coach!

ABQCat said:
You guys called it almost a decade ago. DM is finally off to Texas. Well done.

A bunch of Griz fans saying nice things about a large figure in you program, and this is what you come back with? You must be a joy to be around.

As a Bobcat fan... I am really torn about this. On one hand, I will really miss talking with him, and everything he has done for the program... On the other hand, I have to go to Houston in October, so now I have an in for free tickets..

Htowngriz said:
ABQCat said:
You guys called it almost a decade ago. DM is finally off to Texas. Well done.

A bunch of Griz fans saying nice things about a large figure in you program, and this is what you come back with? You must be a joy to be around.

Come on. That was funny. But yes I appreciate the conversation over here.

DM absolutely needed to move to advance his career and I'm sure Choate was very supportive. It's the business, and as we all know, previous coaching relationships will often come back around. I'm not surprised or panicked, but just excited to see who comes though the door. Choate is well respected already knows a ton of potential candidates for both the openings. Should be fun to watch.

Back