• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante Olson wins the Buck

BadlandsGrizFan

Surprised this isnt on here yet????

Olson becomes the 3rd Griz to win the award for best defensive player in the nation.

Its been a pleasure watching him.

Yes, even watched a replay of the awards ceremony that someone posted. Dante will always be a favorite of mine. I've never seen better range , speed n quickness to ball out of any lb playing in wash griz and we all know we've had and seen some greats. Good luck Dante at the next level ! I watch little of pro ball anymore but if Dante is on that will certainly get me watching.

UMAlum said:
Yes, even watched a replay of the awards ceremony that someone posted. Dante will always be a favorite of mine. I've never seen better range , speed n quickness to ball out of any lb playing in wash griz and we all know we've had and seen some greats. Good luck Dante at the next level ! I watch little of pro ball anymore but if Dante is on that will certainly get me watching.
Crebo! :roll:

Dillon said:
UMAlum said:

I know Jason is somewhat mythic around here. He certainly has a larger body of work than Dante. Being from Helena I remember him well. I'll stick with "Never seen better" for Dante. Yes ... right there with Crebo ... Call them equals if you like.

UMAlum said:
Dillon said:
UMAlum said:

I know Jason is somewhat mythic around here. He certainly has a larger body of work than Dante. Being from Helena I remember him well. I'll stick with "Never seen better" for Dante. Yes ... right there with Crebo ... Call them equals if you like.
Crebo was very good; played outside. Senior season compromised by injury. Olson is better, stronger; played sideline to sideline; can play any LB position. Seems immune to injury. Crebo was undrafted and did little after the Griz; Olson will be drafted and could be an NFL starter.

A quick look at past BB Award winners shows that 11 of the last 17 have come from the BSC, 3 from Montana. But 2 of the seventeen have been from the MVFC, 1 from NDSU. Where is 2011 Bison Doof for comments on this observation, because such a "dominant" conference and team should have won them all if one buys into his schlock.

Jared Allen
Idaho State
DE
Jordan Beck
Cal Poly
LB
Chris Gocong
Cal Poly
DE
Kyle Shotwell
Cal Poly
LB
Kroy Biermann
Montana
DE
Greg Peach
Eastern Washington
DE
Arthur Moats
James Madison
DE
J. C. Sherritt
Eastern Washington
LB
Matt Evans
New Hampshire
LB
Caleb Schreibeis
Montana State
DE
Brad Daly
Montana State
DE
Kyle Emanuel
North Dakota State
DE
Tyrone Holmes
Montana
DE
Karter Schult
Northern Iowa
DE
Darius Jackson
Jacksonville State
DE
Zach Hall
Southeast Missouri State
LB
Dante Olson
Montana
LB

kemajic said:
A quick look at past BB Award winners shows that 11 of the last 17 have come from the BSC, 3 from Montana. But 2 of the seventeen have been from the MVFC, 1 from NDSU. Where is 2011 Bison Doof for comments on this observation, because such a "dominant" conference and team should have won them all if one buys into his schlock.

Jared Allen
Idaho State
DE
Jordan Beck
Cal Poly
LB
Chris Gocong
Cal Poly
DE
Kyle Shotwell
Cal Poly
LB
Kroy Biermann
Montana
DE
Greg Peach
Eastern Washington
DE
Arthur Moats
James Madison
DE
J. C. Sherritt
Eastern Washington
LB
Matt Evans
New Hampshire
LB
Caleb Schreibeis
Montana State
DE
Brad Daly
Montana State
DE
Kyle Emanuel
North Dakota State
DE
Tyrone Holmes
Montana
DE
Karter Schult
Northern Iowa
DE
Darius Jackson
Jacksonville State
DE
Zach Hall
Southeast Missouri State
LB
Dante Olson
Montana
LB
Uh wasn't the 2004, 2005 and 2006 winners from the Big West conference? I know we'd like to claim them but I don't think it's so.

indian-outlaw said:
kemajic said:

Jared Allen
Idaho State
DE
Jordan Beck
Cal Poly
LB
Chris Gocong
Cal Poly
DE
Kyle Shotwell
Cal Poly
LB
Kroy Biermann
Montana
DE
Greg Peach
Eastern Washington
DE
Arthur Moats
James Madison
DE
J. C. Sherritt
Eastern Washington
LB
Matt Evans
New Hampshire
LB
Caleb Schreibeis
Montana State
DE
Brad Daly
Montana State
DE
Kyle Emanuel
North Dakota State
DE
Tyrone Holmes
Montana
DE
Karter Schult
Northern Iowa
DE
Darius Jackson
Jacksonville State
DE
Zach Hall
Southeast Missouri State
LB
Dante Olson
Montana
LB
Uh wasn't the 2004, 2005 and 2006 winners from the Big West conference? I know we'd like to claim them but I don't think it's so.
I get your point, but it was the great west conference
And through the years 2004-2008, they were in the same conference as ndsu.

Back