• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can we please talk about recruiting on the main board too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grzz

DONOR
I've noticed that in some ways there is less recruiting talk on here than there used to be. The recruiting sub-forum is great for grouping everything together but I wish that recruiting posts on the main board would be left alone and allowed to run their course for a few days rather than immediately being moved.

For most (there are exceptions) of the threads started on that forum, there are far less participants than there were when those used to initiate and remain on the main board.

Signing day on here was dead compared to what it has been in years past. By moving everything to the sub-forum and merging it all in to one thread it limited the fun of seeing where each signee's thread went and what topics it spurred. Casual readers probably came to the board and couldn't believe there was no conversation about a great class.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the tracking effort and do like the organization of the sub-forum, just wish fun topics could stay out on the main board for awhile so more people enjoy them and participate. The off season has very little interesting to read about, why move the best content?

Just my unsolicited feedback.

grzz said:
I've noticed that in some ways there is less recruiting talk on here than there used to be. The recruiting sub-forum is great for grouping everything together but I wish that recruiting posts on the main board would be left alone and allowed to run their course for a few days rather than immediately being moved.

For most (there are exceptions) of the threads started on that forum, there are far less participants than there were when those used to initiate and remain on the main board.

Signing day on here was dead compared to what it has been in years past. By moving everything to the sub-forum and merging it all in to one thread it limited the fun of seeing where each signee's thread went and what topics it spurred. Casual readers probably came to the board and couldn't believe there was no conversation about a great class.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the tracking effort and do like the organization of the sub-forum, just wish fun topics could stay out on the main board for awhile so more people enjoy them and participate. The off season has very little interesting to read about, why move the best content?

I actually noticed the exact same thing about signing day. At first, I didn’t even realize it had happened until a couple days later

Well it moved to the sub-forum because there were complaints that it was cluttering up the main board. The sub forum also allows for deeper analysis on it. I like it better because it avoids the couple casual posters that will bash high school kids or hi-jack the topic. It’s very easy to get to.

The bottom line why recruiting has been more quiet than years past is because the coaching staff is emphasizing that. It is very much nothing is hyped until earned. For example, Hauck did a 20 min presser on signing day where he only talked for maybe 10 about recruiting. Compared to over an hour Choate did. There is also a deemphasis on the social media. Instead of the coaching staff tweeting out gifs every time someone commits like the staff did under Stitt it is kept under wraps.

dayday said:
Well it moved to the sub-forum because there were complaints that it was cluttering up the main board. The sub forum also allows for deeper analysis on it. I like it better because it avoids the couple casual posters that will bash high school kids or hi-jack the topic. It’s very easy to get to.

The bottom line why recruiting has been more quiet than years past is because the coaching staff is emphasizing that. It is very much nothing is hyped until earned. For example, Hauck did a 20 min presser on signing day where he only talked for maybe 10 about recruiting. Compared to over an hour Choate did. There is also a deemphasis on the social media. Instead of the coaching staff tweeting out gifs every time someone commits like the staff did under Stitt it is kept under wraps.

This

and it is actually very rare that something gets moved to recruiting only. There are times when they are merged but its later in the process.

ordigger said:
grzz said:

I actually noticed the exact same thing about signing day. At first, I didn’t even realize it had happened until a couple days later

I agree. I almost never look at the recruit sub group. There would be much more discussion if some of the new recruiting stuff was in the main section, in my view.

If the goal is to decrease clicks, readership and posts, and reduce traffic and revenue for egriz, then continue.

I have never understood complainers about where threads are. Are they incapable of reading the title of a thread, and not opening it?

Go Grzz.

PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
grzz said:

I agree. I almost never look at the recruit sub group. There would be much more discussion if some of the new recruiting stuff was in the main section, in my view.

If the goal is to decrease clicks, readership and posts, and reduce traffic and revenue for egriz, then continue.

I have never understood complainers about where threads are. Are they incapable of reading the title of a thread, and not opening it?

Go Grzz.
Me neither; especially those complaining about their inability to read and click on the Recruiting Central forum.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
grzz said:

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the tracking effort and do like the organization of the sub-forum, just wish fun topics could stay out on the mainboard for a while so more people enjoy them and participate. The offseason has very little interesting to read about, why move the best content?

Go Grzz.
Me neither; especially those complaining about their inability to read and click on the Recruiting Central forum.

Man, you're pleasant.

There is a difference between complaining and discussing. Maybe not in your negative life, but in general.

Day and Payton, I enjoy reading it all, and I clearly know how to click through to the sub-forum and I agree that having a place to do a deeper dive is nice, which is why I don't mind things getting moved there eventually. There are just some topics that are good off-season topics for the mainboard that seem to get moved and slowly die. Don't have a great answer for the hi-jacking part, that is a good point to be sure.

And back to Kem, I know you are all-knowing on every topic, but website development best practice is that the more clicks it takes to get somewhere, the less it will be seen/read/interacted with.

grzz said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:

Go Grzz.

Man, you're pleasant.

There is a difference between complaining and discussing. Maybe not in your negative life, but in general.

Day and Payton, I enjoy reading it all, and I clearly know how to click through to the sub-forum and I agree that having a place to do a deeper dive is nice, which is why I don't mind things getting moved there eventually. There are just some topics that are good off-season topics for the mainboard that seem to get moved and slowly die. Don't have a great answer for the hi-jacking part, that is a good point to be sure.

And back to Kem, I know you are all-knowing on every topic, but website development best practice is that the more clicks it takes to get somewhere, the less it will be seen/read/interacted with.
We all have a long way to go to be as "pleasant" as you. Trying every day.

kemajic said:
grzz said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Go Grzz.

Man, you're pleasant.

We all have a long way to go to be as "pleasant" as you. Trying every day.

Haha. Nicely played.

PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
grzz said:

Go Grzz.

Similarly, I've never understood those who complain about stuff being moved to a different forum. How difficult is it to click on the forum header? :lol: :lol:

Plus, when things ARE moved, they stay on the main forum for a couple days, with an arrow.

To me, it's much ado about nothing. The sub-forums exist for a reason....

grzz said:

I could not agree more and I am glad you said it. I’ve been posting some commitments on the main board recently and then they get moved right away.

HookedonGriz said:
grzz said:

I could not agree more and I am glad you said it. I’ve been posting some commitments on the main board recently and then they get moved right away.

Oh come on Hooked, we don't do jack "right away". :D

It's not hard to click to the subform, but I don't think about doing it, for one. Also, I find subform so cluttered with threads, and old threads, that it's often not worth it to take the time to find anything. I'm not looking for the deep dive on everything. I want to know what's currently happening in recruiting. I find that some people start new things or bring new info to the subthread, and a lot of people don't see it.

In my view, putting stuff in the sub thread, especially too early if it is moved, just buries it for some, and vastly reduces views.

Also, some merging is awful too. It just hides and obscures threads that people have been looking it.

Go grzz.

alabamagrizzly said:
Not to be an ass but it’s literally one click away.

Hahaha. Well, I'm aware of that. And I already mentioned in this thread some reasons why that isn't ideal. However, I had this discussion with a few of the folks who run the board and they asked me to post it out here as a suggestion to be discussed, so that is what I am doing.

Just throwing out discussion to have during the slow time.

grzz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Not to be an ass but it’s literally one click away.

Hahaha. Well, I'm aware of that. And I already mentioned in this thread some reasons why that isn't ideal. However, I had this discussion with a few of the folks who run the board and they asked me to post it out here as a suggestion to be discussed, so that is what I am doing.

Just throwing out discussion to have during the slow time.

Even with it being one click away, it’s not a coincidence that when I’ve posted a couple of the recent commitments, there’s typically a decent discussion on them and what they bring while it’s on the main board....as soon as it’s moved to the sub forum.....crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back