• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante Olson, Trey Lance - ADA FCS Players of the Year

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Another award for Dante!

https://fcsinsider.com/news/2020/1/8/football-fcs-ada-announces-2019-top-player-honors.aspx

Not to shabby for the CO-defensive player of the Big Sigh :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Congrats to Dante

Congrats to Dante. Awesome.

If the Bison were in the NFL already (I assume it's just a matter of time), Lance would be the best offensive player in the playoffs.

very cool for Dante, can't wait to watch him at the next level. Wow hard to believe that inept freshman was picked I wonder if that bisonalumni dude had something to do with it..We will be seeing him on sundays in 4 years no doubt. Congrats to both.

People even see me on Sundays during the fall. Walking slowly downtown to retrieve the car I left downtown on Saturday night. That's where most of my exercise comes in the fall. Just got a tik to Vikings v. 49ers. From my college buddy whose son, no. 75, is starting right tackle for Vikes. I'm glad no. 75 recovered from spending a week with his family at our place at the lake, about a week or so before camp. Colt A. and family stopped over to see no. 75 and his family. When Colt first went to the Eagles, I set him up for Thanksgiving with my Dartmouth friends in Wilmington. One friend is the father of no. 75. No. 75 was 16 years old when Colt came to their house. They kept in loose touch after no. 75 went to Pitt, as a TE and then tackle. The 16 year old had grown to 6'7", 305, but could still run 4.80 and 4.82 40's at the Combine. We'll be sitting in the team section. I'm fired up.

PlayerRep said:

If the Bison were in the NFL already (I assume it's just a matter of time), Lance would be the best offensive player in the playoffs.

I agree, PR. But, we shouldn't limit him to offense. I think Lance would also be the best defensive player in the NFL Playoffs as well. Many people forget that he played QB/DB in middle school and recorded some amazing stats, so he'd obviously be the best shut down corner in the NFL.

CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:

I agree, PR. But, we shouldn't limit him to offense. I think Lance would also be the best defensive player in the NFL Playoffs as well. Many people forget that he played QB/DB in middle school and recorded some amazing stats, so he'd obviously be the best shut down corner in the NFL.

Only a matter of time before he throws the winning TD to himself!

HookedonGriz said:
Another award for Dante!

https://fcsinsider.com/news/2020/1/8/football-fcs-ada-announces-2019-top-player-honors.aspx

He should have inside track to the Buck Buchanan award, but may not get it! Be a shame if he doesn’t!

PlayerRep said:
People even see me on Sundays during the fall. Walking slowly downtown to retrieve the car I left downtown on Saturday night. That's where most of my exercise comes in the fall. Just got a tik to Vikings v. 49ers. From my college buddy whose son, no. 75, is starting right tackle for Vikes. I'm glad no. 75 recovered from spending a week with his family at our place at the lake, about a week or so before camp. Colt A. and family stopped over to see no. 75 and his family. When Colt first went to the Eagles, I set him up for Thanksgiving with my Dartmouth friends in Wilmington. One friend is the father of no. 75. No. 75 was 16 years old when Colt came to their house. They kept in loose touch after no. 75 went to Pitt, as a TE and then tackle. The 16 year old had grown to 6'7", 305, but could still run 4.80 and 4.82 40's at the Combine. We'll be sitting in the team section. I'm fired up.
I'm glad you were able to slip in the Colt A. namedrop to make this "cool story" Griz/FCS football related.

Htowngriz said:
PlayerRep said:
I'm glad you were able to slip in the Colt A. namedrop to make this "cool story" Griz/FCS football related.

...and only 10 or 11...... "I" "My" "me" "our" or "we"'s.

Pretty unselfish!

PlayerRep said:

I’m a lifer vikings fan, and think the vikes got a steal with 75. Tell your friend much appreciated!

AZDoc said:
PlayerRep said:

I’m a lifer vikings fan, and think the vikes got a steal with 75. Tell your friend much appreciated!
are you really that gullible?

braves84 said:
AZDoc said:
PlayerRep said:

are you really that gullible?

It would be way more entertaining and less obnoxious if he were making it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_O%27Neill_(American_football)

"Personal life

O'Neill's father, Brendan, played football at Dartmouth and his mother, Elizabeth, swam at Northeastern. His older brother, Eamon O’Neill, was a two time Delaware player of the year for the Salesianum School soccer team. He went on to star at Northwestern. His uncle is Delaware Governor John Carney."

Colt went to Thanksgiving with the O'Neill's and the Carneys that year. John Carney, Dartmouth '78 cornerback, was in Congress then.

Brendan and Eamon were in NO last weekend.

Brian's uncle Mike was a 3 time lacrosse all-American at John Hopkins and the national player of the year as a senior. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_O%27Neill_(lacrosse)

Brian's uncle John played lacrosse at Cornell. And his uncle Steve played lacrosse at Dartmouth. His uncle Mike on his mom's side played d-line for Maryland. Very athletic family.

I'm staying with this Dartmouth friend in Atherton. He was my roommate for 3 years at Dartmouth, and Brendan O'Neill's roommate for one year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Hyatt

"Hyatt taught entrepreneurship at Stanford University Graduate School of Business from 1998 to 2003 and at Stanford Law school. He is a member of the board of trustees of Morehouse College and of The Brookings Institution. Hyatt was elected to the board of directors of Hewlett-Packard Company in May 2007, and of The RAND Corporation in March 2015. Hyatt is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. He also serves on the board of Stanford Hospital.

Globality Inc, based in Menlo Park, California, is Joel Hyatt's current business venture. The company was co-founded by Joel Hyatt and Lior Delgo in March 2015.[5] At its launch, Globality represented approximately 350 consulting services companies in 55 countries."

Brendan and family are staying with his wife's sister who is married to this guy.

"Mike McCaffery
Michael McCaffery is the Managing Partner of Makena Capital Management. A founder of the firm, he is also a member of the Management and Investment Committees. Prior to forming Makena Capital Management in 2005, Mike was the President and CEO of the Stanford Management Company overseeing the Stanford University endowment, which he joined in 2000. Previously, he was Chairman and CEO of the investment bank Robertson Stephens and Company. Mike joined Robertson Stephens as Director of Investment Banking in 1988. Prior to Robertson Stephens, Mike was with Morgan Stanley and Company.

Mike was named to the board of directors of NVIDIA Corp. in March 2015 and is a director of C3. He also serves as a trustee of the Rhodes Scholarship Trust. Mike is a member of the advisory boards of several fund managers and the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR). Mike graduated with a B.A. from Princeton University, and as a Rhodes Scholar attended Merton College at Oxford University, where he earned a B.A. Honors and an M.A. Mike has an M.B.A. from the Stanford Graduate School of Business."

Any more questions? Ha.

AZDoc said:
PlayerRep said:

I also am a lifer Vikings fan! My Mom entered me in the Ford PP&K contest & received a full Vikings uniform for being the hard luck cowboy when I punted the ball and it hit me in the head. Of course at that time I honestly never had touched a football. Of course Fran was my hero growing up & met him at an Athletic Business Conference in Orlando in the 90s.

Congrats to Olson, well deserved on all his accolades.
Same for Lance, good kid. Not bad for someone who would be a backup for Montana. Ha.

Dillon said:
AZDoc said:
PlayerRep said:

I also am a lifer Vikings fan! My Mom entered me in the Ford PP&K contest & received a full Vikings uniform for being the hard luck cowboy when I punted the ball and it hit me in the head. Of course at that time I honestly never had touched a football. Of course Fran was my hero growing up & met him at an Athletic Business Conference in Orlando in the 90s.

If you liked Fran, you probably remember my friend Ed Marinaro, who played 3 years for the Vikes and in 2 Super Bowls. Marinaro and I played against each other in college. He comes fishing in MT a lot. On Sat., the no. 75 family and I will be tailgating with the no. 56 family. The two families have gotten to be good friends through their sons this season and were together in NO last week.

rocklobster said:
HookedonGriz said:
Another award for Dante!

He should have inside track to the Buck Buchanan award, but may not get it! Be a shame if he doesn’t!

Almost guarantee that he won’t win the Buck. It’s ridiculous and some of it is to blame on the Bigsky. Co-MVP hurts his resume. Tackles are not a flashy stat. Awards are often given to the most sacks and Ints. Tackles are just not something people look at as impressive, yet in my mind it’s the most impressive stat. He’s by far the most versatile defensive player in the FCS. And by far makes the most impact play to play. The fact he has gaudy tackles but also still gets sacks, fumbles and Ints tells you that he is all over the field. If anyone didn’t vote for him to be the winner, it’s because they didn’t watch him play

mtgrizfankb said:
rocklobster said:
HookedonGriz said:
Another award for Dante!

Almost guarantee that he won’t win the Buck. It’s ridiculous and some of it is to blame on the Bigsky. Co-MVP hurts his resume. Tackles are not a flashy stat. Awards are often given to the most sacks and Ints. Tackles are just not something people look at as impressive, yet in my mind it’s the most impressive stat. He’s by far the most versatile defensive player in the FCS. And by far makes the most impact play to play. The fact he has gaudy tackles but also still gets sacks, fumbles and Ints tells you that he is all over the field. If anyone didn’t vote for him to be the winner, it’s because they didn’t watch him play

Stinking Eastern bias! Really sucks! He'll be fine, of course. He's a class act!

Back