• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idaho St lands Transfer QB - former Wyoming starter

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Tyler Vander Waal started for WY at QB and is transferring to Idaho St. He said he loves how much they chuck the football around. ISU just got better.

HookedonGriz said:
Tyler Vander Waal started for WY at QB and is transferring to Idaho St. He said he loves how much they chuck the football around. ISU just got better.

They're a shoo-in for 4-7 next year.

HookedonGriz said:

As a Wyoming fan I assure you he’s not that good. He wasn’t the starter this year or last. He came in this season when the starter Sean chambers was injured, and then got beat out by the true freshman Levi Williams, which I assume is why he is transferring. Had he stayed he would have been third string next season. Vanderwaal is a serviceable but not great QB. Honestly he reminded me of Shay Smithwick Hann.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:

As a Wyoming fan I assure you he’s not that good. He wasn’t the starter this year or last. He came in this season when the starter Sean chambers was injured, and then got beat out by the true freshman Levi Williams, which I assume is why he is transferring. Had he stayed he would have been third string next season. Vanderwaal is a serviceable but not great QB. Honestly he reminded me of Shay Smithwick Hann.

Good feedback. Then that’s not great. I had a Wyoming fan buddy telling me he’ll be incredible for ISU

HookedonGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Good feedback. Then that’s not great. I had a Wyoming fan buddy telling me he’ll be incredible for ISU

Lately that wouldn't be hard to do...

HookedonGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:

I wouldn't have imagined Tyler transferring to a pass heavy school considering how poor he is at throwing said football. He didn't do anything over the course of two years at Wyoming that would convince me a Phenecie run offense would suit him. Wyoming's offense got a huge kickstart when TVW went to the bench and Levi Williams came in.

Good size not very mobile. 6 TDS and 8 ints in college. About 50% completion rate. Not impressive yardage. I would venture to guess he will be an average BigSky QB at best

Back