• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MT Tech Coach heads to Fresno State

Paytonlives

Staff member
I don't know what position coach, but thats a very BIG jump

https://twitter.com/DomTibbettsKXLF/status/1214018263551594497

He seemed to have a great recruiting class last year. I wonder what his departure will mean to them or if all will stay regardless?

A lot of former Frontier Conference coaches and administrators doing really well! The Nebraska AD is the only former Big Sky I can think of right now who has gone up the food chain. Are there others?

Hmmm...Kyle Samson might get a shot? Or leaving with Morrell? I think we’ll see the Frontier having some shifts and opportunities. U of Great Falls gearing up for football program soon?

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
A lot of former Frontier Conference coaches and administrators doing really well! The Nebraska AD is the only former Big Sky I can think of right now who has gone up the food chain. Are there others?
The Big Human is the Baron of the Palouse.

I know Cats and Griz fans have the on-going debate of "who won the state" in recruiting every year. Its not even a debate who owned the state of Montana for the NAIA schools when Morrell was at the helm. MT Tech reeled in fringe-FCS kids year after year. Not saying it ever hurt UM or MSU (it didn't) but Chuck scooped up great talent every year in bunches.

RABIDAWG said:
Hmmm...Kyle Samson might get a shot? Or leaving with Morrell? I think we’ll see the Frontier having some shifts and opportunities. U of Great Falls gearing up for football program soon?

Samson was named the Interim HC.

RABIDAWG said:

The University of Providence (formerly UGF) has said they've talked about starting a football program, but nothing in the works yet. However, they hired Tony Arntson last year as the head track and field coach so... 🤷‍♂️

dirtysoup said:
RABIDAWG said:

The University of Providence (formerly UGF) has said they've talked about starting a football program, but nothing in the works yet. However, they hired Tony Arntson last year as the head track and field coach so... 🤷‍♂️

The Target parking lot will make for a GREAT tailgating scene.

Htowngriz said:
dirtysoup said:
RABIDAWG said:

And if you run out of beer or brats, Albertsons is right next door! :thumb:

VimSince03 said:
I know Cats and Griz fans have the on-going debate of "who won the state" in recruiting every year. Its not even a debate who owned the state of Montana for the NAIA schools when Morrell was at the helm. MT Tech reeled in fringe-FCS kids year after year. Not saying it ever hurt UM or MSU (it didn't) but Chuck scooped up great talent every year in bunches.

This is very true. First of all, what MT kid (not going FCS) doesn't want to spend college in butte america? Great engineering program, cheap tuition, and a lot of scholarship money, play a role, but Morrell killed it. I know a few coaches around the state at that level that got frustrated because they could give everyone a tuition scholarship.

I think Kyle will keep the HC tag, and Meyer told me he has been offered the DC spot. They are going to continue to roll in my opinion. Congrats to Morrell.

dirtysoup said:
Htowngriz said:
dirtysoup said:
RABIDAWG said:

There ya go! Coaching shifts! U of Providence starting football brings ideas of Coach Jack Johnson coming out of retirement, Coach Mark Samson switching from GFH, Coach Tony Arnston, already there, in the mix! Imagine all those guys putting it together! Just off season dreaming.

Missoula223 said:
VimSince03 said:

This is very true. First of all, what MT kid (not going FCS) doesn't want to spend college in butte america? Great engineering program, cheap tuition, and a lot of scholarship money, play a role, but Morrell killed it. I know a few coaches around the state at that level that got frustrated because they could give everyone a tuition scholarship.

I think Kyle will keep the HC tag, and Meyer told me he has been offered the DC spot. They are going to continue to roll in my opinion. Congrats to Morrell.

Which Meyer?

grizpack said:
Missoula223 said:
VimSince03 said:

Which Meyer?

Tucker. He’s the GA here right now

Missoula223 said:
grizpack said:
Missoula223 said:
VimSince03 said:

Which Meyer?

Wow!! Good for Tucker. He has only been out of school 3-4 years.

RABIDAWG said:
dirtysoup said:
Htowngriz said:
dirtysoup said:

There ya go! Coaching shifts! U of Providence starting football brings ideas of Coach Jack Johnson coming out of retirement, Coach Mark Samson switching from GFH, Coach Tony Arnston, already there, in the mix! Imagine all those guys putting it together! Just off season dreaming.

Wow what a staff! :clap:

grizpack said:
Missoula223 said:
grizpack said:
Missoula223 said:

Which Meyer?

Wow!! Good for Tucker. He has only been out of school 3-4 years.

He is well deserving of it if you’ve got the chance to meet him. I had an opportunity to listen to him speak in Wyoming a few years back. Knows his shit.

Back