• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GFP recording on Monday!

BWahlberg

DONOR
Any topics, questions, or points you want us to cover?

We’re planning on talking playoffs, FCS, early signing day, Griz Hoops, and other random stuff too as always.

I think it is clear that our line play on both sides of the ball is where we could get a large improvement and growth in the coming years. On offense we still had inconsistency with the OL and the DL did not have depth or the pure ability to get to the backfield without blitz schemes. How do you see that improving next year and do you believe that we can accomplish that growth with the current players?

mtgrizfankb said:
I think it is clear that our line play on both sides of the ball is where we could get a large improvement and growth in the coming years. On offense we still had inconsistency with the OL and the DL did not have depth or the pure ability to get to the backfield without blitz schemes. How do you see that improving next year and do you believe that we can accomplish that growth with the current players?
I think some people need to understand that in a 3-3-5 on passing downs we are going to +1 and most likely +2 blitz. Even when we have our Buck LB put his hand on the ground making us a 4-2-5 we are still likely going to send bodies. There is a reason that a 290 pound DE, who mostly plays covered by the buck making him more of a DT, had 4 picks. He drops into coverage and we send the rush from unconventional positions. You will always see a ton of blitzing out of any 3-3-5

Who is James taking in the NFL playoffs, and how much is he going to fleece his old man for on the wager?

Favorite New Years Eve activity?

Anyone doing Dry January?

Does Sayeed belong on Griz basketball’s Mt Rushmore?

SaskGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
I think some people need to understand that in a 3-3-5 on passing downs we are going to +1 and most likely +2 blitz. Even when we have our Buck LB put his hand on the ground making us a 4-2-5 we are still likely going to send bodies. There is a reason that a 290 pound DE, who mostly plays covered by the buck making him more of a DT, had 4 picks. He drops into coverage and we send the rush from unconventional positions. You will always see a ton of blitzing out of any 3-3-5

Some people need to understand that I know what the hell a 3-3-5 is and I understand our multiple schemes. Not just on passing downs but also vs the run game our D line had low ability to push back the oline or shuck and roll. Go watch when we played Weber round 2 or when we played MSU. Our D line got dominated. We had a few outburst moments usually caused by our blitz scheme. Which is fine but even in the 3-3-5 / 4-2-5 we should and have to expect the Dline to get into the backfield without +2 or +3. Good teams beat you when you having to bring more than 4-5 on a regular basis no matter what scheme you run. I asked a simple question for the pod.

How excited are you that the Patriots will not win the super bowl this year? Is Tom done? Is the dynasty over?

Best prospect from incoming class you guys are most excited for?

And in the past who do you think was the most “hyped” recruit the Griz ever signed, with or without success on the field.

EW406 said:
Best prospect from incoming class you guys are most excited for?

And in the past who do you think was the most “hyped” recruit the Griz ever signed, with or without success on the field.

It is a well known eGriz fact that every single Griz recruit is a pre-career All American. ALL. OF. THEM

mtgrizfankb said:
SaskGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Some people need to understand that I know what the hell a 3-3-5 is and I understand our multiple schemes. Not just on passing downs but also vs the run game our D line had low ability to push back the oline or shuck and roll. Go watch when we played Weber round 2 or when we played MSU. Our D line got dominated. We had a few outburst moments usually caused by our blitz scheme. Which is fine but even in the 3-3-5 / 4-2-5 we should and have to expect the Dline to get into the backfield without +2 or +3. Good teams beat you when you having to bring more than 4-5 on a regular basis no matter what scheme you run. I asked a simple question for the pod.
Sorry reread my post and I come off like a condescending dick, didn't mean to. Just meant to say that any team that runs a 3 man front, since the Broncos in the late 70's has to send pressure from different places. There is a reason Lee Roy Selmon (IMO the best DE in NFL history) had limited sack numbers. It's very hard to get pressure out of a 3 man front, it's a run stopping formation. Again sorry for the original tone.

Alright, gents. Let's get real for the end of the FCS season:

Pick ONE of the following three:

1. The Griz miss the playoffs for the next three years, and Bobby gets fired;

OR

2. The Griz win the NC in 2020, but miss the playoffs the following two years, but #Bladin2020 becomes a reality (if not a necessity);

OR

3. The Griz win the next three NCs in a row, and look great going into 2023, but you have to do three months in prison in 2020 for a very embarrassing crime. Nobody will remember you were in prison after your release, and your record will be expunged. You, however, will remember everything about prison life.

CDAGRIZ said:

OR

2. The Griz win the NC in 2020, and miss the playoffs the next two years, but #Bladin2020 becomes a reality (if not a necessity);

OR

3. The Griz win the next three NCs in a row, and look great going into 2023, but you have to do three months in prison in 2020 for a very embarrassing crime. Nobody will remember you were in prison after your release, and your record will be expunged. You, however, will remember everything about prison life.
So you have to get rid of Bobby or Trump to avoid doing prison time. I like it.

WaGriz4life said:
CDAGRIZ said:

OR

2. The Griz win the NC in 2020, and miss the playoffs the next two years, but #Bladin2020 becomes a reality (if not a necessity);

OR

So you have to get rid of Bobby or Trump to avoid doing prison time. I like it.

Sorry, I edited to clarify, and I know it’s too late, and now I’m out of bacon, and now I hate everything!

NorthEndZoneDan said:
good stuff BW! caught the part about the new recruits this morning while getting ready for work. :thumb:

Yeah BW, great work! Eff the other guys!

grzz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
good stuff BW! caught the part about the new recruits this morning while getting ready for work. :thumb:

Finally, someone said it. It’s a bummer how BW has to carry the show with the dead weight of those other two. The lead host, Mitch or Mark or whatever, drags the whole thing down with his damned negativity and Bobcat sympathizing.

grzz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

People people don't appreciate your dry January-bullying of me.

CDAGRIZ said:
grzz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Finally, someone said it. It’s a bummer how BW has to carry the show with the dead weight of those other two. The lead host, Mitch or Mark or whatever, drags the whole thing down with his damned negativity and Bobcat sympathizing.

Let's be honest. Your listener-submitted questions have been carrying our show for about half the season now.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
BWahlberg said:
grzz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

fish in a barrel

We agree. It was too easy to pick on Brint this episode, just like shooting fish in a barrel. :shock:

BWahlberg said:
grzz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

The people are starting to see your cyber-bullying tendencies. You've pulled back the covers too far and let everyone in, now they know what Luke and I already discovered. What will happen next? Tune in next time to find out. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back