• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana all decade 2-deep

BWahlberg

DONOR
Thought I'd have some fun with this. Building a 2-deep from teams spanning from 2010 - 2019.

QB: Jordan Johnon / Dalton Sneed
RB: Chase Reynolds / Travon Van (
WR: Samori Toure / Jabin Sambrano
WR: Jamaal Jones / Sammy Akem
WR: Ellis Henderson / Jerry Louie McGee
TE: Colin Bingham / Greg Hardy
T: Jon Opperud / Charles Burton
T: Danny Kistler / David Reese
G: Ben Weyer / Robert Luke
G: Will Poehls / Steve Sabin
C: Alex Verlanic / Cy Sirmon

DE: Tyrone Holmes / Severin Campbell
DE: Zach Wagenmann / Tucker Schye
DT: Jesse Sims / Bryan Waldhauser
DT: Tonga Takai / Caleb Kidder
LB: Dante Olson / Jordan Tripp
LB: Brock Coyle / Caleb McSurdy
LB: Josh Buss / Kendrick Van Ackeren
CB: Trumaine Johnson / JR Nelson
CB: Nate Harris / Houston Roots
S: Erik Stoll / Josh Sandry
S: Mike McCord / Justin Strong

K: Brody McKnight / Brandon Purdy
P: Chris Lider / Adam Wilson
LS: Matthew O'Donoghue / Aaron Held
PR/KR: Jerry Louie McGee / Malik Flowers

------------

Had a hard time at RB choosing between Van and Jordan Canada, I just think Travon was such a unique talent. Linebacker there was a handful of other guys I wish I could have included, JP Kanongata'a and Jeremiah Kose the first two that come to mind. I'd also even consider already putting Jace Lewis in there.

Another interesting observation has been the gap of players to place on this list on the O-line and somewhat on the interior D-line, and the overall options at safety.

I think I would choose Canada over Van just because when Canada became the primary back our running game really picked up and Van really did better when he moved over to receiver.

I know Toure was first team all-American, and Jone was terrific, but I still like Akem. Depending on the future, I think Akem would end up as the best UM receiver of all time, if his college and NFL career is combined. One more year will impact that analysis. Tripp is a first teamer for me.

I am a Canada guy too.

Part of my problem is that I can't recall that years that some played.

No offense to any player, but I don't think UM had as many great players in this decade, compared to the prior decade.

Great idea to do this, and great selections.

Thanks for doing this, in the offseason.

PlayerRep said:
I know Toure was first team all-American, and Jone was terrific, but I still like Akem. Depending on the future, I think Akem would end up as the best UM receiver of all time, if his college and NFL career is combined. One more year will impact that analysis. Tripp is a first teamer for me.

I am a Canada guy too.

No offense to any player, but I don't think UM had as many great players in this decade, compared to the prior decade.

Agreed on all points. Akem is a first teaser. Tripp is too. Canada over Van.

What about the safety from South Dakota? His name escapes me....

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

I am a Canada guy too.

Agreed on all points. Akem is a first teaser. Tripp is too. Canada over Van.

What about the safety from South Dakota? His name escapes me....
Matt Hermanson

AZGrizFan said:
Harris over Keith Thompson?

Ryan McKinley was much better than Harris in my opinion but only was a starter his Senior year if I remember correctly? I'd probably take Andrew Swink over Harris as well.

I'd take Justin Strong and Matt Hermanson over McCord all day. Maybe even Bo Tully lol.

Great thread. Thanks for putting this all decade team together! Fun to reminisce and debate!

Good lookin list. Definitely noticed the bulk of the O line selection is from the first half of the decade. Who coaches this group, Pflu or Bobby? I’d say Bobby but it’s a very tuff call.

Great list, great names. I'd take Canada over Vann, flip Hardy and Bingham. Oiland over Sirmon. Poole over Luke. Can't believe there is no room for Peter Nguyen some where. On D I would take Hermanson over Sandry and could be convinced to take Crittendon over Schye.

This is not knocking any of the players just a fun way to spend some holiday time.

kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:
Can't believe there is no room for Peter Nguyen some where.
I can.

no surprise here, the fakest griz 'supporter' takes time out of his day to denigrate a player he doesn't like, because that player is *...

*we know why

StumptownGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Ryan McKinley was much better than Harris in my opinion but only was a starter his Senior year if I remember correctly? I'd probably take Andrew Swink over Harris as well.

I'd take Justin Strong and Matt Hermanson over McCord all day. Maybe even Bo Tully lol.

Great thread. Thanks for putting this all decade team together! Fun to reminisce and debate!
Neither Andrew Swink or Keith Thompson played in this decade. They were done in 2009

...all decade team needs all decade coach...
...hauck 1*..phlugrad..delaney..stitt..hauck 2...
...*techinacally hauck 1 left in 10..his recruits 11-13...

... :cool: ...

WaGriz4life said:
StumptownGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Neither Andrew Swink or Keith Thompson played in this decade. They were done in 2009

Damn time files.

AZGrizFan said:
WaGriz4life said:
StumptownGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Damn time files.

Haha wow. Crazy

BWahlberg said:
Thought I'd have some fun with this. Building a 2-deep from teams spanning from 2010 - 2019.

------------

Had a hard time at RB choosing between Van and Jordan Canada, I just think Travon was such a unique talent. Linebacker there was a handful of other guys I wish I could have included, JP Kanongata'a and Jeremiah Kose the first two that come to mind. I'd also even consider already putting Jace Lewis in there.

Another interesting observation has been the gap of players to place on this list on the O-line and somewhat on the interior D-line, and the overall options at safety.

Van wouldn’t crack top five at running back! I don’t understand the infatuation with him other than his speed , Canada doubled him up the two years he played with him.

catsack said:
BWahlberg said:

------------

Van wouldn’t crack top five at running back! I don’t understand the infatuation with him other than his speed , Canada doubled him up the two years he played with him.

He best in space

catsack said:

Do the words “he best in space” not mean ANYTHING to you, catsack?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back