• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ryan Leaf - ESPN Announcer

PlayerRep

Did you hear Leaf tonight on the Air Force v. Wash St bowl game?

He's pretty good. The back-up or second color guy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/07/14/ryan-leaf-hired-espn-college-football-analyst-role/1731464001/

He sounds like a serious Will Ferrell. Honestly. Go back and listen to a clip if you can. It’s uncanny.

Ryan Leaf has been in the up and up for quite a while now. He was a traveling public speaker for highschools and colleges for years. ESPN did a great documentary on him and his struggles and rebound. He’s a pretty funny follow on Twitter and just signed a multi year contract with ESPN

...self appointed president of his fan club...
...for many years the only member...
...moving further up next year...

... :clap: ...

I watched quite a few MW games he did this year. He did quite well. He won’t be on the D team long. He’s quite funny too.

I played basketball with his Dad in G.F. city league. What a Great Guy. Ryan is doing well these days & I am Very Happy for the entire family & especially for Ryan! Keep up the good work! Enjoyed his work on the WSU - Air Force game including what he said about the dedication of all who serve in the Armed Forces!

AZDoc said:
I watched quite a few MW games he did this year. He did quite well. He won’t be on the D team long. He’s quite funny too.

Likewise and given the mediocrity of some ahead of him in the pecking order of color guys I'd agree with you he will be on the move up.

Dillon said:
I played basketball with his Dad in G.F. city league. What a Great Guy. Ryan is doing well these days & I am Very Happy for the entire family & especially for Ryan! Keep up the good work! Enjoyed his work on the WSU - Air Force game including what he said about the dedication of all who serve in the Armed Forces!

We knew his family too when we lived there. Happy for all....it’s been a tough slog for them.
Wishing great success for all.

mtgrizfankb said:
Ryan Leaf has been in the up and up for quite a while now. He was a traveling public speaker for highschools and colleges for years. ESPN did a great documentary on him and his struggles and rebound. He’s a pretty funny follow on Twitter and just signed a multi year contract with ESPN

I love the fact he doesn't shy away from his past, he has learned from it, grown as a man and is helping others. Humbled by his experience, love seeing him doing well. Wish him the best.

He's even better on his radio show on SiriusXM. Has a podcast too. He's really good and entertaining and has totally kicked drugs and alcohol and is 100% sober. Great success story.

...the egriz threads where he was bashed...
...never moved..locked..banned or blocked...
...why not let this one run its course..thread out...

... :shock: ...

so . .. let it run its course " Montana Grizzlies Footbal and the FCS"

zengriz said:
...the egriz threads where he was bashed...
...never moved..locked..banned or blocked...
...why not let this one run its course..thread out...

... :shock: ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zoB2n8ehgM

Back