• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Last Griz win at cheney ?

Proud Griz Man

DONOR
was in 2008 ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB8n1rzEF6Y
watch

October 12, 2008 CHENEY — Cole Bergquist tossed a pair of touchdown passes to Marc Mariani, and Montana made the most of two blocked punts in a 19-3 victory over Eastern Washington on Saturday. Montana (5-1, 1-1 Big Sky Conference) grabbed a 7-0 lead on Bergquist’s 39-yard strike to Mariani with 8:43 left in the first quarter, just one play after the Grizzlies’ Severin Campbell got a hand on a punt attempt by Fritz Brayton of Eastern Washington (2-4, 1-2).

With a sweeping wind limiting each offense to just one field goal over the next two quarters, the Grizzlies went up 17-3 early in the fourth. Andrew Schmidt broke through the line to block another Brayton punt and Erik Stoll recovered on the Eastern 8-yard line. On the ensuing play, Bergquist hit Mariani again — his ninth TD reception of the season. Montana went up 19-3 with 6:21 left in the game when Eastern Washington quarterback Matt Nichols was called for intentional grounding from his own end zone. Nichols, who entered the game averaging nearly 344 yards passing with 12 touchdown passes, was limited to 19-of-45 passing for 191 yards. Mariani caught five passes for 118 yards for the Grizzlies, who have won three straight against the Eagles and five of the last six meetings between the teams.

My take away was remember when EWU had a football field? Before they went "Riverside Tech in Boise as a mind numbing disgusting field. Well so lets take their retread idea and make a sunburnt version of their techno nightmare.

I agree with Sask. that’s the only video clip I can watch from that shithole without sustaining a bout of seizures.

EverettGriz said:
I agree with Sask. that’s the only video clip I can watch from that shithole without sustaining a bout of seizures.
Fact. I'm wanting to upgrade my tv to one of these 75-80” 'monstrosities' (wife's word, not mine), but I'll probably hold off until after this game just to avoid having it turn into an epilepsy test.

SubGriz said:
EverettGriz said:
Fact. I'm wanting to upgrade my tv to one of these 75-80” 'monstrosities' (wife's word, not mine), but I'll probably hold off until after this game just to avoid having it turn into an epilepsy test.

Got a white wall in the house, 9.5 feet horizontal by 5 feet vertical? Get a projector.

That's 130"

And She can have all the extra space a TV would take up. (She will have it anyway when you have a stroke from the Red field, so you might as well have as much fun as possible).

Mine is Crystal clear HD, and was less than 4 bills. Viewsonic PA503W

Cuervohola said:
SubGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Got a white wall in the house, 9.5 feet horizontal by 5 feet vertical? Get a projector.

That's 130"

And She can have all the extra space a TV would take up. (She will have it anyway when you have a stroke from the Red field, so you might as well have as much fun as possible).

Now there's an idea! How does it compete with ambient light? I've got a lot of windows; will I need blackout curtains to watch during the day?

It’ll be brand new red turf when the Griz come to town next year, so your going to need those new TVs...

Last Griz win in Cheney was 2008....Eastern is 5-0 on the red against the Griz.

Should be a great game next year, Griz look to be back and Eastern should be really good next year...

SubGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Hahahaha!

marceagfan5 said:
It’ll be brand new red turf when the Griz come to town next year, so your going to need those new TVs...

Last Griz win in Cheney was 2008....Eastern is 5-0 on the red against the Griz.

Should be a great game next year, Griz look to be back and Eastern should be really good next year...

Seriously, WTF with the red? Are Cheney and Boise still so insecure they have to continue resorting to gimmick shit?

Both programs have arrived. Let that speak for you, not some god-awful turf that makes a game absolutely and completely unwatchable.

SubGriz said:
Cuervohola said:
SubGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

That's 130"

Now there's an idea! How does it compete with ambient light? I've got a lot of windows; will I need blackout curtains to watch during the day?

My big main window in the living room is 4 feet from my projection, and I can have the blinds all the way up, it faces North though. If your windows face any other direction, especially South, I can see you needing black out curtains if the sun is beating down. The good thing is those curtains aren't an expensive deal breaker. You might not need them though, the sun won't be shining on the source of your projection. That's a bridge you cross when you come to it.

You'll be like me, wondering why you didn't get a projector sooner. I was blown away by not even needing a screen. I have Light Tan walls. I didn't get a 4K short throw projector because that's where it gets more expensive, but they are still much better on the wallet than standard huge TV's.

If you get a regular projector that you need backed up from the wall, you might have to run HDMI cords across the carpet, which is as ghetto as it sounds, and it makes me want a short throw so the cords are right by the wall, but the picture is so good that I don't think about it so much.

Regardless, if you research regular projectors, you'll probably come to the conclusion that you want a WXGA, which is the Viewsonic I referenced. You can look up "How to buy a projector", "What to look for in a projector" etc... I took a couple of hours to research, and I was set.

The main obstacle in your research will probably be people saying the bulbs burn out and brick the projector. Mine says the bulb should last 15,000 hours, so if that's true, who cares. Replacement bulbs for mine are $60 and it's DIY, they tell you how. If the bulb goes sooner, I bought an extended warranty.

You'll figure all this shit out, but the FIRST thing you have to do on the model and brand you like is find out how long the bulb is supposed to last, how much a replacement bulb costs, and if you can do it yourself (Some void the warranty if you crack the case yourself)

It's fun to walk in Costco right past the "little bitty" 65 inch TV's that cost 8 times what my projector did... I try not to laugh.

uofmman1122 said:
Still can't believe we lost the 2012 game.

If Henderson doesn't get tripped up by a shoelace and if Canada's nonfumble isn't called incorrectly and if..

Silenoz said:
uofmman1122 said:
Still can't believe we lost the 2012 game.

If Henderson doesn't get tripped up by a shoelace and if Canada's nonfumble isn't called incorrectly and if..

Just went and looked at that box score.

Trent McKinney at QB. Now THERE'S a blast from the past....

SubGriz said:
Cuervohola said:
SubGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

That's 130"

I watched every game on an Optoma 1080Darbee projector this year in the garage. The screen is a golf impact screen, so it has a few puckers here and there, but overall, it was enjoyable. Definitely had to black out the windows in the garage door, though. Also, the sound sucked balls until I connected a Bose Soundlink speaker. With the launch monitor, gaming laptop, software package, 10.5x8 screen and enclosure, projector, mat, etc., it was about 14k more than a 65” TV. But I get to rip drivers at Choach’s face, which is nice.

Lots of folks running projectors, it seems. Im looking this idea! And I could take it into the driveway and be the coolest house on the block for Halloween, Christmas, etc. I think I need one!

SubGriz said:
Lots of folks running projectors, it seems. Im looking this idea! And I could take it into the driveway and be the coolest house on the block for Halloween, Christmas, etc. I think I need one!

Oh, I forgot, like CDA said. You MUST have speakers. I'm running 2 small Logitech THX and a 8" woofer and that's beyond what I need.

The speakers built into the projector might as well not exist.

Latest posts

Back