• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

obvious difference between jmu, ndsu and the rest of the field

krammer

I know how good the cat and weber defense was this year....yet they had no chance vs. the OFFENSIVE LINES of the two playing for the championship.....until or unless the Griz get to that level, imo ,we have no chance of playing for the championship of the fcs.......

krammer said:
I know how good the cat and weber defense was this year....yet they had no chance vs. the OFFENSIVE LINES of the two playing for the championship.....until or unless the Griz get to that level, imo ,we have no chance of playing for the championship of the fcs.......

Agreed. That and speed. The speed of JMU and NDSU really stood out to me.

krammer said:

Completely agree. Did not watch much of the JMU game, but one thing that really stuck out for NDSU was their QB and receiver. Both are damn impressive. Not like their running backs were mediocre either. Couple that with their offensive line and wow. If you look at the size of the Griz linemen coming in I think things are headed in the right direction. If they have the right attitude that is.

Copper Griz said:
krammer said:

Completely agree. Did not watch much of the JMU game, but one thing that really stuck out for NDSU was their QB and receiver. Both are damn impressive. Not like their running backs were mediocre either. Couple that with their offensive line and wow. If you look at the size of the Griz linemen coming in I think things are headed in the right direction. If they have the right attitude that is.
I’m not sure we got our hands on the qb a single time all game. So noticeable again.

ilovethecats said:
Copper Griz said:
krammer said:

I’m not sure we got our hands on the qb a single time all game. So noticeable again.

Yep. I was pretty surprised by that actually. One play in particular stood out to me In the second half. Their QB takes the snap. Steps back three steps. Surveys the field then throws to his right. Took about four seconds and was not a quick out route. The play did not go for a gain, but that was not the point. He literally looked like he was playing with a red jersey against the second team defense in spring practice.

I think the biggest difference between NDSU and the rest of the field is this...

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

The highest drafted FCS player of all time stuck between arguably the #1 and #2 greatest FCS QB's of all time and a redshirt freshman QB who is leading the FCS in passer rating, has turned the ball over one time all year (lost fumble on the 16th play of his first game) against 41 total TD's.

Most FCS teams would kill to have just one QB as good as these guys have been in the course of a decade, and NDSU has had 4 in a row.

2011BisonAlumni said:
I think the biggest difference between NDSU and the rest of the field is this...

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

The highest drafted FCS player of all time stuck between arguably the #1 and #2 greatest FCS QB's of all time and a redshirt freshman QB who is leading the FCS in passer rating, has turned the ball over one time all year (lost fumble on the 16th play of his first game) against 41 total TD's.

Most FCS teams would kill to have just one QB as good as these guys have been in the course of a decade, and NDSU has had 4 in a row.

That, and the doping program. Dopest school in CFB, baby!

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

Hey I have a few extra tickets for Frisco, maybe you and the wife should go? With all the gravy eating Bison fans down there, there will be a shit ton of plus sized t-shirts. You could get one for the old lady.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

Hey I have a few extra tickets for Frisco, maybe you and the wife should go? With all the gravy eating Bison fans down there, there will be a shit ton of plus sized t-shirts. You could get one for the old lady.

I don’t watch teams that use banned drugs at the institutional level.

2011BisonAlumni said:

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

With all due respect, before you build your Mt. Rushmore of all-time FCS QBs you better include Dave Dickenson.

ilovethecats said:
krammer said:

Agreed. That and speed. The speed of JMU and NDSU really stood out to me.
Yep. They had FBS speed. Not trying to dig on the ‘cats but defenders seemed to be stuck in place as ND ball-carriers and receivers whipped past them. Not saying the Griz would’ve beaten them, but I believe our linebackers have matching speed.

2011BisonAlumni said:

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

Your nutrionists, strength and conditioning program, FCOA, produce bigger, faster and noticibly stronger student athletes.

Plus, the conference you play in conditions your athletes to rely on fundamentals in order to be successful. In addition to being fundamentally sound, your team looks like a coaches clinic virtually every single game. I enjoy watching well coached, disciplined teams that can execute during games. Although the Cats (both conference representatives) were physically overmatched yesterday, it was great to see only three accepted penalties in the CAT-Bison game.

I agree on the QBs and to get three and four years of starting out them is a big plus.
Depth is also apparent.
Colter in his ESPN show interviewed one of the old NDSU LBs, he made a point that NDSU o-linemen had a quick reaction off the snap and got to their spots faster than most teams.The overall size of NDSU and JMU o-lines are not huge, they are quick off the snap and can get to the second and third levels.
Also d-line they are not huge, rather they have quick twitch and can get off blocks and they use depth to throw several bodies at offense.
UM isn’t far away team is relatively young and length and speed of underclassmen should pay dividends going forward.
O-line depth is better the d-line interior could use more bodies.

go96griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

With all due respect, before you build your Mt. Rushmore of all-time FCS QBs you better include Dave Dickenson.

Dave Dickenson was a heck of an FCS QB, but he's nowhere near the Mt. Rushmore of all-time FCS QB's.

Brock Jenson
Armani Edwards
Easton Stick
Steve McNair

2011BisonAlumni said:
go96griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

Dave Dickenson was a heck of an FCS QB, but he's nowhere near the Mt. Rushmore of all-time FCS QB's.

Brock Jenson
Armani Edwards
Easton Stick
Steve McNair

Jensen and Stick on the list. :lol: :lol:
Not even a fucking sniff for those two.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
go96griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

Brock Jenson
Armani Edwards
Easton Stick
Steve McNair

Not even a f***[*] sniff for those two.

Sorry dude. Too many wins and rings between those two to leave them off the list.

To be honest, it really isn't even close. They are the greatest winners in FCS history.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
go96griz said:

Brock Jenson
Armani Edwards
Easton Stick
Steve McNair

Sorry dude. Too many wins and rings between those two to leave them off the list.

To be honest, it really isn't even close. They are the greatest winners in FCS history.

Those two just don’t/didn’t have the talent to be on the list. Not even close. Good at handing off, but didn’t have the talent.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Brock Jenson
Armani Edwards
Easton Stick
Steve McNair

Those two just don’t/didn’t have the talent to be on the list. Not even close. Good at handing off, but didn’t have the talent.

Well at the end of the day, Easton Stick won more football games, more FCS championships and actually made it to the NFL via the draft....so....

The list I made isn't about talent though. Tim Tebow is one of the greatest FBS QB's of all time. Andrew Luck was arguably the most talented FBS QB of all time, but he isn't even in the discussion of greatest FBS QB's of all time.

If you are going to build a Mt. Rushmore off of talent, Dave Dickenson isn't even close to that list as well.

Steve McNair
Carson Wentz
Tony Romo
Jimmy Garappolo

2011BisonAlumni said:
go96griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

Brock Jenson
Armani Edwards
Easton Stick
Steve McNair

You should at least take the time to know the Dave's stats don't include playoff numbers. He is head and shoulders above when you see that. Not an apples to apples comparison today because of the arbitrary rule that prior to early 2000s playoff stats were not included in career stats.

go96griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
go96griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Brock Jensen
Carson Wentz
Easton Stick
Trey Lance

Brock Jenson
Armani Edwards
Easton Stick
Steve McNair

You should at least take the time to know the Dave's stats don't include playoff numbers. He is head and shoulders above when you see that. Not an apples to apples comparison today because of the arbitrary rule that prior to early 2000s playoff stats were not included in career stats.

Don’t bring logic to a pissing match :lol:

Back