• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Way Too Early Look at 2020 Schedule

kyle_sample

DONOR
vs. Central Washington
at Missouri State
vs. Morehead St.
vs. Cal Poly
at EWU
Bye
vs. Sac St
at Idaho
vs. SUU
at UNC
at NAU
vs. MSU

I might be getting a little too excited, but there is a legit chance the Griz are undefeated heading into Cat-Griz. The Cal Poly, EWU, Sac St. stretch is the only semi-concerning part of the schedule. Cal Poly could be good if they can get a QB and make a tough transition from triple option to Baldwin's frankenstein offense and Sac should be pretty good again. But getting two of those at home and the other just a 2.5-hour drive away is a pretty good setup. The remainder of the schedule is a bunch of bottom feeders until MSU. Here's hoping for good health, an Akem return and finding a QB who can get the ball to one of the most talented skill position groups in recent memory.

10-0, ranked #2 as we head into the Brawl.

Here's the Bobcats

Long Island
@ Utah
Dixie State
@ PSU
UNC
CPSLO
@ Weber St
Idaho State
@ EWU
Idaho
@ UM

They'll come in 8-2.

The Griz have a perfect opportunity to run the table and be 10-0 heading into the Brawl. Finish the regular season 11-0 and we're looking at a top 3, possibly 2 seed for sure. Time to get it done!

Jeebus...we are starting to sound like cat fans...pre season national champs?

Too many question marks for me starting with the offensive and defensive lines. QB?

The schedule does indeed look favorable, however.

kyle_sample said:
vs. Central Washington
at Missouri State
vs. Morehead St.
vs. Cal Poly
at EWU
Bye
vs. Sac St
at Idaho
vs. SUU
at UNC
at NAU
vs. MSU

Here's hoping for good health, an Akem return and finding a QB who can get the ball to one of the most talented skill position groups in recent memory.

Amen to that.

SoldierGriz said:

Too many question marks for me starting with the offensive and defensive lines. QB?

Who has a longer streak, NDSU as National Champs or MSU as pre-season national champs?

AZGrizFan said:

Here's the Bobcats

Long Island (Bossy scores a hat trick, Trottier with 4 assists, Billy Smith butt ends a guy, and the Nassau County Coliseum is rocking. Cats 0-1
@ Utah (By 40, 0-2)
Dixie State (Cats win at home, 8-3 Troy Anderson hits a drop kick off an INT to ice it. 1-2
@ PSU (Cat's lose because a hangover from Choate getting another 3 year extension for beating Dixie St) 1-3
UNC (Cats set up at Brick Breeden await the boys from Chapel Hill, realize to0 late, forfeit) 1-4
CPSLO (Cats shut down the triple option but Cal Poly throw for 600 and win going away) 1-5
@ Weber St (Game ends 3-2, matching the Wildcats offensive total for the season) 1-6
Idaho State (No one cares, score is not recorded)
@ EWU (Eagles get their first win of season) 1-7
Idaho (game is played but US Supreme Court rules watching it would constitute cruel and unusual punishment, Cats get their second no result of the season)
@ UM (Griz by a number that looks like the serial number on a freight car. 1-8)

Cats end the year 1 and 8 with 2 no decisions. They are banned from any further competition by the Nevada State Boxing Commission and play next year in Europe.

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Here's the Bobcats

Long Island (Bossy scores a hat trick, Trottier with 4 assists, Billy Smith butt ends a guy, and the Nassau County Coliseum is rocking. Cats 0-1
@ Utah (By 40, 0-2)
Dixie State (Cats win at home, 8-3 Troy Anderson hits a drop kick off an INT to ice it. 1-2
@ PSU (Cat's lose because a hangover from Choate getting another 3 year extension for beating Dixie St) 1-3
UNC (Cats set up at Brick Breeden await the boys from Chapel Hill, realize to0 late, forfeit) 1-4
CPSLO (Cats shut down the triple option but Cal Poly throw for 600 and win going away) 1-5
@ Weber St (Game ends 3-2, matching the Wildcats offensive total for the season) 1-6
Idaho State (No one cares, score is not recorded)
@ EWU (Eagles get their first win of season) 1-7
Idaho (game is played but US Supreme Court rules watching it would constitute cruel and unusual punishment, Cats get their second no result of the season)
@ UM (Griz by a number that looks like the serial number on a freight car. 1-8)

Cats end the year 1 and 8 with 2 no decisions. They are banned from any further competition by the Nevada State Boxing Commission and play next year in Europe.
Amazing. My wife didn't laugh when I read it to her, but I sure did!

SoldierGriz said:

Agree it looks favorable but damn, going undefeated blah, blah, blah. That is classic bobcat pre season babble.

We have some big shoes to fill. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Go Griz!

:lol: :lol:
MikeyGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Who has a longer streak, NDSU as National Champs or MSU as pre-season national champs?

SoldierGriz said:

Every year there seems to be some surprise Cinderella team in the BSC, so you never know who might be a spoiler. Highly doubtful UM runs the table coming into Cat/Griz

BozAngelesGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Every year there seems to be some surprise Cinderella team in the BSC, so you never know who might be a spoiler. Highly doubtful UM runs the table coming into Cat/Griz

True, but this team will have a lot of momentum going into next season, and I think they'll be very hungry now that they've had a taste of the playoffs.

Htowngriz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

True, but this team will have a lot of momentum going into next season, and I think they'll be very hungry now that they've had a taste of the playoffs.

While the playoffs are never a given, it would take a serious disaster to keep UM out next fall.

mr_bolo said:
What a garbage sched; I’m gonna give serious thought to not renewing my season tickets!

if you went to all the home games this year, you got your money's worth. and then some...plus Sac St and msu at home is going to be fun. if simply not having the 4th toughest schedule in the FCS is going to dissuade you from renewing, then you must have other reasons.

mr_bolo said:
What a garbage sched; I’m gonna give serious thought to not renewing my season tickets!

giphy.gif

Back