• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Beau Baldwin putting his band back together

Fumbleroosky said:
One of his first assistant hires is Paul Wulff.

I thought he would dip into that pool. First 2 names that came to me was Wulff and Kramer. Let's take the way back machine to Zornes.

As successful as Baldwin was at EWU, I expect him to build a formidable program at CPSLO. And one that will be fun for the fans to watch. It will be a challenge for him to navigate the higher entrance standards, but he will figure it out and compete for the players he needs.

Fumbleroosky said:

And his second was former EWU FCS All-American WR and coach Nick Edwards. Edwards followed Baldwin to Cal where he coach WRs for 2 years and RBs this year. He will be OC/WR coach at Cal Poly.

I expect more former band members to be named soon.

SloStang said:
Fumbleroosky said:

And his second was former EWU FCS All-American WR and coach Nick Edwards. Edwards followed Baldwin to Cal where he coach WRs for 2 years and RBs this year. He will be OC/WR coach at Cal Poly.

If he doesn’t hire Shoota in the next three days, he will have already failed. Get him on the staff yesterday.

CDAGRIZ said:
SloStang said:
Fumbleroosky said:

If he doesn’t hire Shoota in the next three days, he will have already failed. Get him on the staff yesterday.

Don’t think Shoota is coming to SLO. I do however suspect we may see another former EWU QB roaming the sidelines in SLO.

SloStang said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SloStang said:
Fumbleroosky said:

Don’t think Shoota is coming to SLO. I do however suspect we may see another former EWU QB roaming the sidelines in SLO.

Get Shoota, or get trounced. The choice is Beau’s.

go96griz said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I'll just put my vote in for Big Play VA as Video Coordinator/Hype Man.

I believe he'll be handling team statistics.

That is not correct. VA is all about the wardrobe and makeup.

No one can argue that but it seems a waste not to have him crunching numbers. There's also the potential role of team spiritual advisor.

What has Wulff been doing?

Recruiting from CA to a great school in a great location? And into an offense that will go. Wow. Watch out for CP.

Will have to have smarter guys, and not the low academic guys, but I assume CP will do very well.

My favorite road game is CP. Wine. Good weather. Good friends.

I'm excited.

PlayerRep said:
What has Wulff been doing?

Recruiting from CA to a great school in a great location? And into an offense that will go. Wow. Watch out for CP.

Will have to have smarter guys, and not the low academic guys, but I assume CP will do very well.

My favorite road game is CP. Wine. Good weather. Good friends.

I'm excited.

Agreed. Loved going to CP. Can’t wait to get back.

Hey one positive for Beau is he doesn’t seem to have to try and battle USC for recruits anymore! I heard that USC had the 84th ranked recruiting class so far this year! Toledo, Western Michigan and many other group of 5 had better recruiting.....
USC has had a few down years but I would have never suspected something like this. It makes me feel extremely grateful that UM was able to avoid such with the happenings over the past 6 or so years. Bobby being hired back was a life saving move by UM. Really...

OrgonGriz said:
Hey one positive for Beau is he doesn’t seem to have to try and battle USC for recruits anymore! I heard that USC had the 84th ranked recruiting class so far this year! Toledo, Western Michigan and many other group of 5 had better recruiting.....
USC has had a few down years but I would have never suspected something like this. It makes me feel extremely grateful that UM was able to avoid such with the happenings over the past 6 or so years. Bobby being hired back was a life saving move by UM. Really...
Really good post. Our "down" years are contract extension seasons for most programs. We have a great team, great stadium, great atmosphere, great facilities, great traditions. Not trash talking the Bison but there is no comparison between "Thunderstruck" in the Fargo Dome and the NEZ roar bouncing back off Mt.Sentinal on a perfect fall day in Missoula. And our colours stand out; you see Maroon and Silver or Copper,Silver, and Gold and you don't think "Is that the Packers, Edmonton Eskimos, Golden State, or the St. Louis Blues?". You know it's the GRIZ!

Really good post. Our "down" years are contract extension seasons for most programs. We have a great team, great stadium, great atmosphere, great facilities, great traditions. Not trash talking the Bison but there is no comparison between "Thunderstruck" in the Fargo Dome and the NEZ roar bouncing back off Mt.Sentinal on a perfect fall day in Missoula. And our colours stand out; you see Maroon and Silver or Copper,Silver, and Gold and you don't think "Is that the Packers, Edmonton Eskimos, Golden State, or the St. Louis Blues?". You know it's the GRIZ!
[/quote]

Or one of about 1,000 other teams!

Latest posts

Back