• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

McNeese State not eligible for 2020 playoffs

Brother Bear

Ouch

https://www.kplctv.com/2019/12/17/mcneese-football-announces-postseason-ban/

Would actually be nice to see a series with McNeese State down the road.

Brother Bear said:
Ouch

Do they have any good Junior CBs?

Brother Bear said:
Ouch

Could still have a series in the future for OOC games. The full schedule for the next 2 years is already set. We have beat them here and they beat us there.

PlayerRep said:
This hurts McNeese but also hurts FCS football.

How ignorant can you possibly be! Prop 14 stepped up the academic requirements for all NCAA institutions thanks to Jan Kemp and this will only help McNeese for Christ's sake! Go back to your washed up fucking Ivies and come to the realization it's now a level playing field and the fucking academic standards are equal from one institution to another you fucking wasted fuck! The standards are now equal and a law degree from U of M is just as viable if not more than a one from Stanford at a tenth of the cost! Who is the total fucking idiot, you who pissed all that money away going to Stanford or a bright kid who went to school in Missoula?

Plus, you don't have a dog in this fight dipshit! You're just a fairweather fan.

CDAGRIZ said:
Brother Bear said:
Ouch

Do they have any good Junior CBs?

Great question
Or A large DL, but a quality experienced cb would be perfect.

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

How does this hurt FCS football?

One of the best, and storied, and fun, teams, which has great food, won't have a shot at the playoffs. UM and many other schools and fans love McNeese.

SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

One of the best, and storied, and fun, teams, which has great food, won't have a shot at the playoffs. UM and many other schools and fans love McNeese.
The team has great food?
I'm taking it with a grain of salt as far as being bad for FCS. They weren't eligible this year, either, and nobody seemed to care. :lol:

SubGriz said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

The team has great food?
I'm taking it with a grain of salt as far as being bad for FCS. They weren't eligible this year, either, and nobody seemed to care. :lol:

Do you have any basis for saying no one cared? Do you not think allowing seniors to transfer and not being eligible hurts recruiting and contributes to the decline of the program? Do you not think FCS needs more strong programs?

PlayerRep said:
Do you have any basis for saying no one cared? Do you not think allowing seniors to transfer and not being eligible hurts recruiting and contributes to the decline of the program? Do you not think FCS needs more strong programs?
Are we talking about this year, when they weren't eligible because they didn't win enough, or next year, when they won't be eligible because they didn't study enough? I didn't see any hand-winging about the future of their program this year. What's the difference?

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I still don't see how this hurts FCS football. Hurts McNeese for awhile, possibly their conference if the win enough and aren't eligible to fill a slot, but the whole FCS?

My wife is from Lake Charles, so I know all about the food! Get lots of it at home!

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
PlayerRep said:

How ignorant can you possibly be! Prop 14 stepped up the academic requirements for all NCAA institutions thanks to Jan Kemp and this will only help McNeese for Christ's sake! Go back to your washed up fucking Ivies and come to the realization it's now a level playing field and the fucking academic standards are equal from one institution to another you fucking wasted fuck! The standards are now equal and a law degree from U of M is just as viable if not more than a one from Stanford at a tenth of the cost! Who is the total fucking idiot, you who pissed all that money away going to Stanford or a bright kid who went to school in Missoula?

Plus, you don't have a dog in this fight dipshit! You're just a fairweather fan.

giphy.gif

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
PlayerRep said:

How ignorant can you possibly be! Prop 14 stepped up the academic requirements for all NCAA institutions thanks to Jan Kemp and this will only help McNeese for Christ's sake! Go back to your washed up f***[*] Ivies and come to the realization it's now a level playing field and the f***[*] academic standards are equal from one institution to another you f***[*] wasted [*]f***! The standards are now equal and a law degree from U of M is just as viable if not more than a one from Stanford at a tenth of the cost! Who is the total f***[*] idiot, you who pissed all that money away going to Stanford or a bright kid who went to school in Missoula?

Good Lord...so much wrong here. Feel like I need to post something. But, just to tired to address the dumb in this post.

So, if the players with one year remaining of eligibility transfer, does that negatively affect the McNeese APR? If so, that seems like kicking them while they're down.

SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

The team has great food?
Why would somebody post something and then not stand by their post? I'm not questioning "one of the best" or "storied" or "fun" (not sure the criteria, but sure), "teams" (I don't understand the question). That being said "has great food" is the issue in question. Did the team spend too much time cooking and not enough reading? Is great food an expectation that weighs on the incoming players so they don't focus on studies?

I used to eat everyday at the Foodzoo in Missoula, if we had made better meal choices under Coach Larry Donovan would he have kept his job and then there would be no Coach Reed? Great food/ Griz legacy , it's a fine line.

SubGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Are we talking about this year, when they weren't eligible because they didn't win enough, or next year, when they won't be eligible because they didn't study enough? I didn't see any hand-winging about the future of their program this year. What's the difference?

We're talking each year. Would the Griz being ineligible for playoffs be a negative for FCS football?

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I still don't see how this hurts FCS football. Hurts McNeese for awhile, possibly their conference if the win enough and aren't eligible to fill a slot, but the whole FCS?

My wife is from Lake Charles, so I know all about the food! Get lots of it at home!

How does hurting the conference not hurt FCS football? It's more than that, but you pretty much just admitted that it hurt FCS football.

Back