• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jay Hill in the running at New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yukon said:
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1207015789259194368?s=20

Choate leaving the cats would be a huge blow. Stuff like that would take all the momentum away after historic seasons (for both schools). In all honesty, the conference would be lesser for it.

PDXGrizzly said:
Yukon said:

Choate leaving the cats would be a huge blow. Stuff like that would take all the momentum away after historic seasons (for both schools). In all honesty, the conference would be lesser for it.

I would hate to see either of them take the job. The BSC is starting to remind me of the BSC of the late 80's thru the mid-90's. Now if we just had balanced schedules.

PDXGrizzly said:
Yukon said:

That’s my thought as well. The conference was looking up with the Montana schools playing well again, Weber making noise in the playoffs, Baldwin to cal poly, eastern a bit down but sure to come back and Davis won’t stay down. It’s nice to play in a conference that’s got more than one or two good teams.

Braise Jebus if this happens. Maybe he can take Taylor and Choate with him, sweep out the Big Sky all at once lol.

Brother Bear said:
New Mexico... just going to be a tough go for anyone trying to make that football program relevant

I'd of thought a DC at ASU would make more than the UNM gig. Is the guy young, a move like this could really hurt his career long term if he is, but I suppose the lure of running the show is a big, fat apple.

Silenoz said:
Braise Jebus if this happens. Maybe he can take Taylor and Choate with him, sweep out the Big Sky all at once lol.

Yup, and make it the “Big Fluffy” again so we can dominate all theses cheesecakes year in and year out!!

alabamagrizzly said:
Silenoz said:

Yup, and make it the “Big Fluffy” again so we can dominate all theses cheesecakes year in and year out!!
I can think of worse things than arriving at the playoffs with a healthy, well-rested team after a powder puff regular season.

I feel bad for Jay Hill. This is the third year in a row Hills been under serious consideration for a mountain west job and has been passed up. I thought for sure he was gonna get the Utah State job last year. I think Choate will start being under serious consideration starting next year. The only way I could see him leaving MSU this year is for the UW defensive coordinator job but it’s starting to get late and I couldn’t see Choate wanting to put the cats in a bad situation by leaving this late in the year.

Griz til I die said:
I feel bad for Jay Hill. This is the third year in a row Hills been under serious consideration for a mountain west job and has been passed up. I thought for sure he was gonna get the Utah State job last year. I think Choate will start being under serious consideration starting next year. The only way I could see him leaving MSU this year is for the UW defensive coordinator job but it’s starting to get late and I couldn’t see Choate wanting to put the cats in a bad situation by leaving this late in the year.

I think Choate likes being a head coach. I don't see him seeking out an assistant job. Even if it's a massive pay raise.

wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:

I think Choate likes being a head coach. I don't see him seeking out an assistant job. Even if it's a massive pay raise.

I couldn't agree more. The head coach gets to pick the toppings of the pizza for coach's meetings. Choach had enough of Petersen's plant-based bullshit. He's his own man now.

wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:

Dude, if he had a big time FBS coordinator offer, he'd be gone. I think I've seen this movie before.

"In a world, where people say an FCS coach loves the community, and people think he's building something great, will a head coach of a historically middling program turn down a 300%+ pay increase to screw his family and satisfy the fan base? This offseason, Fantasyland Pictures presents: Choach's Choice. This time, it's the Moobs versus the MILFs."

wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:

Ya that’s the other point I meant to bring up too but I spaced it!

alabamagrizzly said:
Silenoz said:

Hey, we'd still have Aaron Best. He's doing... uh, good things over there...

..Choate loves the lime light so I think he'll be around for awhile unless he beats the Bison..
that would be a game changer for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back