• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hero Sports All American Teams - Plenty of Griz

HookedonGriz

DONOR
1st Team - Toure and Olson
2nd Team - Hauck
3rd Team - Knight and Louie-McGee

https://m.herosports.com/amp/fcs/football-2019-fcs-all-american-teams-ajaj?__twitter_impression=true

PTGrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:
Jace Lewis deserves a spot in my opinion

This.

His final stat line is bonkers. Had 131 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. You can’t show me a LB outside of Olson who showed out bigger than that.

Personally, I think Lewis is better than Olson.

I personally have not seen a better linebacker than Dante at this level, but I think Jace is seriously right there which is scary

HookedonGriz said:
PTGrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
bgbigdog said:

His final stat line is bonkers. Had 131 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. You can’t show me a LB outside of Olson who showed out bigger than that.

I personally have not seen a better linebacker than Dante at this level, but I think Jace is seriously right there which is scary
Not bad for a walk-on.

HookedonGriz said:
PTGrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
bgbigdog said:

Lewis is the next 37 a without a doubt and a great linebacker in his own right. Olson was the best Griz linebacker, ever. & that would have been even more pronounced had Stitt/Semore had any sense of defense.

PTGrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:
Jace Lewis deserves a spot in my opinion

This.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion. Lewis is very good. Olson is the best I have seen at this level and the best ever for UM. I want to see how Lewis's play is affected by Olson's absence; when he has to be the man. With Olson's sideline to sideline cover Lewis had pretty much free reign these past two years. He will have different responsibilities next year.

kemajic said:
... Lewis is very good. Olson is the best I have seen at this level and the best ever for UM. I want to see how Lewis's play is affected by Olson's absence; when he has to be the man. With Olson's sideline to sideline cover Lewis had pretty much free reign these past two years. He will have different responsibilities next year.
Totally agree. Maybe the best thing Lewis could do in the off-season is watch a lot of video of Olson in action. Have Dante sitting right there beside him, explaining what he saw, or didn't see, to make him react the way he did.

bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:
PTGrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

Lewis is the next 37 a without a doubt and a great linebacker in his own right. Olson was the best Griz linebacker, ever. & that would have been even more pronounced had Stitt/Semore had any sense of defense.

James Banks, Josh Buss and Conner Strahm probably had a little to do with Dante not starting as a Sophomore. He did play in every game.

rgrizfan said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:
PTGrizzly said:

James Banks, Josh Buss and Conner Strahm probably had a little to do with Dante not starting as a Sophomore. He did play in every game.

For those without an agenda, go look at the tweet from Olson’s mom, which shows him at the beginning at at the end of his Griz career....looks like two different people. One a recent gangly HS graduate who looks like a kid, and by careers’ end a rangy, hard hitting NFL-quality LB.

rgrizfan said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:
PTGrizzly said:

He played every game lighting up the ST coverage teams and being ST POTY. Watch some of that film; he's the same Olson we know - all over the field. He played LB only in garbage time. When Strahm went out, Vika started ahead of Olson. Explain that. Strahm was not in the same league of LBs like McSurdy, Coyle, Tripp, Van Ackeran, Buss or Olson.

rgrizfan said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:
PTGrizzly said:

On specials a lot - if memory serves he was All-BSC as a special teamer. Vika played more defensive snaps in relief of Strahm. I’ll give you Buss & Banks had his best season for sure.

AZGrizFan said:
rgrizfan said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:

For those without an agenda, go look at the tweet from Olson’s mom, which shows him at the beginning at at the end of his Griz career....looks like two different people. One a recent gangly HS graduate who looks like a kid, and by careers’ end a rangy, hard hitting NFL-quality LB.

The most quality 15 lbs ever gained over five years. :lol:

bgbigdog said:
rgrizfan said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:

On specials a lot - if memory serves he was All-BSC as a special teamer. Vika played more defensive snaps in relief of Strahm. I’ll give you Buss & Banks had his best season for sure.

He had decent numbers...https://stats.gogriz.com/custompages/sports/m-footbl/2017-2018/teamcume.htm#TEAM.DEF

rgrizfan said:
bgbigdog said:
rgrizfan said:
bgbigdog said:

He had decent numbers...https://stats.gogriz.com/custompages/sports/m-footbl/2017-2018/teamcume.htm#TEAM.DEF

Special teams stats aren’t segregated from the defensive numbers. His stats contributed to being All-BSC as a special teamer. I get that it would be hard to supplant Buss & as I said, Banks started the season like a house on fire. But this was the same coaching staff who took the best defensive tackle in the conference & told him he was going to be the next great Griz pass rusher. How’d that work out?

kemajic said:
rgrizfan said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:

He played every game lighting up the ST coverage teams and being ST POTY. Watch some of that film; he's the same Olson we know - all over the field. He played LB only in garbage time. When Strahm went out, Vika started ahead of Olson. Explain that. Strahm was not in the same league of LBs like McSurdy, Coyle, Tripp, Van Ackeran, Buss or Olson.

as az wrote: "For those without an agenda, go look at the tweet from Olson’s mom, which shows him at the beginning at at the end of his Griz career....looks like two different people. One a recent gangly HS graduate who looks like a kid, and by careers’ end a rangy, hard hitting NFL-quality LB."

argh! said:
kemajic said:
rgrizfan said:
bgbigdog said:

as az wrote: "For those without an agenda, go look at the tweet from Olson’s mom, which shows him at the beginning at at the end of his Griz career....looks like two different people. One a recent gangly HS graduate who looks like a kid, and by careers’ end a rangy, hard hitting NFL-quality LB."
Link to this tweet?

Just too bad Sneed isn't getting the acclaim he'd have had if he hadn't gotten hurt and missed games.

Back