• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Importance of home field advantage

Griz777

With the history of griz games in WGS, we all know how much of an impact playing in front of a huge home crowd can have. What really strikes me was that Weber didn’t really get that from a crowd standpoint. Montana fans represented well as you could hear on the telecast for those that weren’t there (including me).

So, what did Weber get? What they did get was a Friday night game due to their commencement on Saturday. They used this to their advantage. It was apparent that the lighting was subpar. I don’t know if this is their stadium lights or espns? It was also apparent that by utilizing solid black jerseys that they gained a distinct advantage in the passing game and the special teams.

It seemed as if Dalton was not visualizing any of the defenders. It’s easy to blame this loss on him getting hit early and often, or a bad game. Think about the vision with the pooring rain and snow plus the poor lighting and dark jerseys. It also was a poor play on the block, but it was as if nobody even saw the defender coming off the edge from the 3 holding down the last line.

Given the responses I’ve seen, I’ve seen a lot placed on Sneed and the coaching staff, as well as Weber. I’ve seen little placed on some of the intangibles like this.

I was curious if anyone else had similar thoughts?

Griz777 said:
With the history of griz games in WGS, we all know how much of an impact playing in front of a huge home crowd can have. What really strikes me was that Weber didn’t really get that from a crowd standpoint. Montana fans represented well as you could hear on the telecast for those that weren’t there (including me).

So, what did Weber get? What they did get was a Friday night game due to their commencement on Saturday. They used this to their advantage. It was apparent that the lighting was subpar. I don’t know if this is their stadium lights or espns? It was also apparent that by utilizing solid black jerseys that they gained a distinct advantage in the passing game and the special teams.

It seemed as if Dalton was not visualizing any of the defenders. It’s easy to blame this loss on him getting hit early and often, or a bad game. Think about the vision with the pooring rain and snow plus the poor lighting and dark jerseys. It also was a poor play on the block, but it was as if nobody even saw the defender coming off the edge from the 3 holding down the last line.

Given the responses I’ve seen, I’ve seen a lot placed on Sneed and the coaching staff, as well as Weber. I’ve seen little placed on some of the intangibles like this.

Grassy knoll

Griz777 said:
It was also apparent that by utilizing solid black jerseys that they gained a distinct advantage in the passing game
Weber was 10 for 22 and 70 yards passing for 4 1st downs and 0 TDs. A real "distinct advantage."

Stadium lights? Black uniforms?

Weber State is 23-3 at home since 2016. 8-0 this year. And Stadium lights (which are high power LED btw) and Black Jerseys are not the reason for that.

I think Montana is now 2-11 all time on the road in the playoffs, maybe it has more to do with that?

Or it could be that two teams played stellar defense and one just made more plays than the other?

Griz777 said:

Is this really a serious post?

The Griz home field advantage is huge. I blame the neutral site for the national championship losses in Hauck's last stint. The team is dominating at home, and on the road they're far less so. So they'd have a stellar season and secure home field advantage for the playoffs, allowing them to pull out wins that maybe they shouldn't have, resulting in losses at the big game. I don't think being on the road causes them to lose games, I think being at home brings wins.

kemajic said:
Griz777 said:
It was also apparent that by utilizing solid black jerseys that they gained a distinct advantage in the passing game
Weber was 10 for 22 and 70 yards passing for 4 1st downs and 0 TDs. A real "distinct advantage."

Well, if Dalton couldn’t see ‘em, it makes sense Constantine couldn’t either, right? :lol:

7-0 at home this year.

Haven't been undefeated at home since 2014, and only twice in the last 10 seasons.

It seemed rather dark broadcast

Could be combo of weather and ESPN cameras.

Our driveway/patio shows brighter

Anyhoo.....would like to see NC with cat v cat game. Good for conf cred.

Latest posts

Back