• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

So, where do the Griz go from here?

GrizLA

I keep reading about UM being a year or two ahead of some mysterious plan to win to return to dominance, but not sure exactly what that means. Seems to me, a 10 win season and a blocked punt have combined to end an excellent year for UM. I remember reading here that the Griz could lose 5 games this year. Well, that didn't happen. But now, the qb that did so well is moving on, as is the All American DB. Is there are a qb that can lead the Griz to a championship in the pipeline? It is obvious Hauck did not have faith enough in the back up qb and the Mont. player of the year from Butte has chosen to go to Bozeman. So, I am interested in knowing what and who will finally get to the Championship game building on this years success?

GrizLA said:
I keep reading about UM being a year or two ahead of some mysterious plan to win to return to dominance, but not sure exactly what that means. Seems to me, a 10 win season and a blocked punt have combined to end an excellent year for UM. I remember reading here that the Griz could lose 5 games this year. Well, that didn't happen. But now, the qb that did so well is moving on, as is the All American DB. Is there are a qb that can lead the Griz to a championship in the pipeline? It is obvious Hauck did not have faith enough in the back up qb and the Mont. player of the year from Butte has chosen to go to Bozeman. So, I am interested in knowing what and who will finally get to the Championship game building on this years success?

Huh?

PlayerRep said:
GrizLA said:

Huh?
Must be alcohol

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
GrizLA said:

Huh?
Must be alcohol
Did he mean Tru, or is he really so clever he misspelled a two letter abbreviation? The mind boggles.

The team is there already. There was never a mysterious plan, just most people figured it would take Bobby a little longer to get the team back on track. Where do they go from here? I'd say winning the conference outright, and a national championship is the goal.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
GrizLA said:

Huh?
Must be alcohol
y'all wouldn't be wrong. Christmas parties and a bit of moonshine. oops.

Spanky2 said:
Beating State College every year is the most important goal.

I remember when Griz fans made fun of Cat fans for that same type of mindset. So it seems Spanky is OK with 1-10 seasons, just as long as that one win is against Bozeman.

Spanky2 said:
False. The national championship is the most important goal, followed by winning the conference, followed by beating BZN ST.

grizindabox said:
Spanky2 said:

I remember when Griz fans made fun of Cat fans for that same type of mindset. So it seems Spanky is OK with 1-10 seasons, just as long as that one win is against Bozeman.

Well, the ever present box! I said, most important goal, didn’t I?

Spanky2 said:
grizindabox said:
Spanky2 said:

Well, the ever present box! I said, most important goal, didn’t I?

You mean attaining the "most important" goal is not enough? I would think the "most important" goal would be the pinnacle of a successful season.

GrizLA said:

Tommy Mellott was this year’s Gatorade POTY this year and deserved it. He plans on going to Cats but there’s a very good chance he won’t be a QB there. He’s pretty small and not your prototypical QB. Although I think he’d be fine there.

You may have missed out on the fact the Griz have 2 time Gatorade POTY coming in Carson Rostad. He owns a crap ton of MT records and is 6’4 220 lbs. Griz are going to be just fine there.

Somehow, someway build an indoor practice facility. I really don't mean to beat a dead horse, but in my opinion, to compete with NDSU the Griz need an indoor practice facility for those December practices :thumb:

SubGriz said:
Spanky2 said:
False. The national championship is the most important goal, followed by winning the conference, followed by beating BZN ST.

its the last game of the regular season, and msu will likely be good for the foreseeable future. losing the last game of the regular season hurts with seeding, which hurts with homefield advantage, with creates major obstacles to winning the NC. so yeah, beating the cats logically follows as the first step to winning the championship.

Back