• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Season tickets

Allezchat

So my brother(a griz fan) and I were talking about getting season tickets for next year so him and my dad(never been to wa-gz) could go to some games. And honestly I would go maybe once or twice when the Cats are away or in the bye week if I happen to go up to the Seeley area for a weekend. We don't need awesome seats. In fact my dad likes to not feel super crowded so the nosebleeds would work fine. What would we be looking to pay ballpark? Just some estimates are all I'm curious about.

Are you so out of it that you don't know how to check on football tickets, season tickets and prices?

UM doesn't have nosebleed seats.

You dad and brother are welcome, but it would be better if you stayed in Bozeman.

Pretty sure that Griz football season tickets are all roughly $250 each before any GSA fees. They don’t have any Pepsi end zone super discounted seats or anything like that. There are tickets left that don’t require GSA fees. I believe some of these are in the south end zone and the upper wings of the north end zone. Call the tickets office for better information.

Honestly, the fact that this isn't readily available on gogriz.com is ridiculous. UM Athletics needs to be as accessible as possible to as many people as possible at any time.

I have tickets in the middle of the north end zone. The past three seasons they have been $230 each. No GSA fees.

grzz said:
Honestly, the fact that this isn't readily available on gogriz.com is ridiculous. UM Athletics needs to be as accessible as possible to as many people as possible at any time.
It is if you can figure out how to click on the "Tickets" tab. Takes you right to GrizTix. All the contact info is there; you may need to call the ticket office regarding season ticket options and availability.

PlayerRep said:
Are you so out of it that you don't know how to check on football tickets, season tickets and prices?

You dad and brother are welcome, but it would be better if you stayed in Bozeman.
100% agree, honestly the learned helplessness of some of the posters on here is a bit much. How do I find the game on TV? How do I get season tickets? How do I keep the ads off my computer? These people clearly have made enough money to afford a computer and even bought an internet package, work the problem people.

kemajic said:
grzz said:
It is if you can figure out how to click on the "Tickets" tab. Takes you right to GrizTix. All the contact info is there; you may need to call the ticket office regarding season ticket options and availability.

But that's the point. I did look at the site, it isn't there. Just contact info. He has to call to find out. It's almost 2020, this isn't how the world works. Unless there is a good reason not to be, information should be readily available to the consumer.

Allezchat said:
So my brother(a griz fan) and I were talking about getting season tickets for next year so him and my dad(never been to wa-gz) could go to some games. And honestly I would go maybe once or twice when the Cats are away or in the bye week if I happen to go up to the Seeley area for a weekend. We don't need awesome seats. In fact my dad likes to not feel super crowded so the nosebleeds would work fine. What would we be looking to pay ballpark? Just some estimates are all I'm curious about.

Another option that might be available again is roaming griz season tickets. It was $185 per season ticket this year. Griztix will assign you different seats every week (recieved on Thursday’s of home games as print at home tickets) depending on what sells and what doesn’t during the week.

My notes from when I called this past July for season tickets.
$240 per seat in the stadium (excluding Terrace/Canyon Club).
add $420 GSA fee for Gold (50yard line) (per seat)
add $260 GSA for Silver (45s roughly)
add $120 GSA for Copper (30s roughly)
add $60 GSA for Maroon (rest of stadium)

I went with the roaming griz for my first season. Good way to see the stadium, we paid $180 a seat, no GSA fees.

If he doesn’t want to feel too crowded, the seats in the east upper addition were great. Best place to watch from, we moved to be in the NEZ because that was more important to us.

SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

100% agree, honestly the learned helplessness of some of the posters on here is a bit much. How do I find the game on TV? How do I get season tickets? How do I keep the ads off my computer? These people clearly have made enough money to afford a computer and even bought an internet package, work the problem people.

And I'm sure you have never needed help with anything in your life or had any questions as to how to get something done? I would think its better to help than complain...The one thing I've always liked about people from Montana and especially Griz fans were they were always first in line to help and buy you a beer while you discussed it!

Iowagriz said:
My notes from when I called this past July for season tickets.
$240 per seat in the stadium (excluding Terrace/Canyon Club).
add $420 GSA fee for Gold (50yard line) (per seat)
add $260 GSA for Silver (45s roughly)
add $120 GSA for Copper (30s roughly)
add $60 GSA for Maroon (rest of stadium)

I went with the roaming griz for my first season. Good way to see the stadium, we paid $180 a seat, no GSA fees.

As grzz pointed out, it might be worth looking into putting this info on gogriz.com. Hell, maybe even get wild and crazy with a “Click Here to Buy Now” button.

The cost of season tickets should not require a phone call to anyone...

People under the age of 25 or 30 simply do not make phone calls. The phone function is arguably the least used app on their phones. The answer should be no more than 2 clicks away on the interwebs.

...aging fan base for the Griz is real...

SoldierGriz said:
The cost of season tickets should not require a phone call to anyone...

People under the age of 25 or 30 simply do not make phone calls. The phone function is arguably the least used app on their phones. The answer should be no more than 2 clicks away on the interwebs.

...aging fan base for the Griz is real...

yes. buying radio ads in Helena for this type of thing is in the past...with all of the advertisements and traffic on this website you might think the athletic department would pony up some cash for a simple "click here for 2020 season tickets" type of thing.

I was going to link some other program's ticket sites. They obviously haven't been updated for 2020 yet. The first one I clicked on was UW. The difference is comical. It took me three clicks to get to a page with SIX different options for season tickets. If you click on any of them you get prices. They even have a live chat option in the lower right, haha!

https://gohuskies.com/sports/2018/2/7/football-season-tickets.aspx

Davis has prices and "Buy Now" links:
https://ucdavisaggies.com/feature/ucdavisfootball

Three clicks into JMU's Athletics site: https://jmusports.com/sports/2014/6/18/Tkt_0618140922.aspx?path=tickets

Those are the only three I checked. It's almost like the "closely guarded secret" mentality is more pervasive than we previously thought.

Mousegriz said:
People in the 25 - 30 age range don't want season tickets anyway.

Maybe UM should provide pricing info on a Young Alum season ticket package (or mini plans) on a website somewhere on the internet.

Mousegriz said:
People in the 25 - 30 age range don't want season tickets anyway.

Really? Games I have been to this season:

Griz at Oregon...young families a plenty.
Twice to watch Texas A&M...same thing in College Station. These crowds are full of young professionals and their kids.
Army vs UTSA in San Antonio...same thing.

But, if you are satisfied with UM marketing, then good on ya.

Back