• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Too Soon Two-Deep

SaskGriz

DONOR
QB: Humphrey, Brown
RB: Knight, Ostmo
SB: Roberts, Sulser
WR: Toure, White
WR: Akem, Flowers
TE: Demming, Rensvold
T: Beaver, Anderson
G: Mallory, Kanouse
C: Martin, Quick
G: Pillans, Ganoung
T: Cook, Kientz

DE: Gubner, McGlourin
DT: Alford, Demming
DE: Babros, Mamula
REB: O'Connell, Nagler
LB: Welnel, Hill
LB: Lewis, Matthews
S: Robertson, McGinnis
S: Fouch, Pepe
S: Hauck, Crow
CB: Nash, Egbo
CB: Walker, Toliver

K: Purdy, Peppenger
P: Buschini, Peppenger

LS: O'Donogue, TBA Holder: Roberts, Hauck PR: Sulser, TBA KR: Flowers, Sulser

The DL is interesting, I moved Demming in there thinking he will continue to make gains in the weight room and become a Simms 2.0, but it is also possible they move Gubner inside where he leads the nation on picks next year with 13.

Also, I'm betting Mamula doesn't play much next year based on what I saw happen to him against Weber. Hope I'm wrong, but I bet he's rehabbing that knee.

MTGRZ said:
Isn't Gubnar an interior lineman?
Kind of, he was always listed as an end in our 3-3-5 but we usually lined the Rebel/Buck player outside on him which made him a defacto DT on a lot of plays.

Agree about Roberts going deep ---not in the slot. What about Graves behind Sulser? When he appeared at the Weber game, it wasn't clear to me where he was lining up. Was he in at the slot for JLM??
If Graves isn't going to back up Humphrey at QB, believe he could contribute best with Sulser at slot.

grizfromhel said:
Agree about Roberts going deep ---not in the slot. What about Graves behind Sulser? When he appeared at the Weber game, it wasn't clear to me where he was lining up. Was he in at the slot for JLM??
If Graves isn't going to back up Humphrey at QB, believe he could contribute best with Sulser at slot.

Graves needs to go on the defensive side. He had to play receiver out of necessity because of injuries and he knows the offense from playing QB.

Doesn't make much sense to me to move Graves to defense----- he's spent two years learning the offense, and there's no natural fit for him on D. We are strong at safety, and while you never have enough quality corners, that is not a natural position for Graves----in my opinion corner is the toughest slot to fill on defense and I'm not sure Graves has the special quickness and speed that position requires.

If he's not qb on offensive, the next logical position for him is slot, in which he would share time with Sulser. And given Sulser's demonstrated fragility, another (or two) additional slot receivers is not a bad plan.

Garrison poetzl and Alex hurlburt both true freshmen this year that redshirted. I’m excited to see if they can get into the d line rotation next year

Mason Vinyard, transfer from WSU, will likely be in the LB/DE rotation as well after being academically ineligible in 2019.

I think Graves and Le Trexier were players whose talents were wasted.
I believe Graves could play corner and I would move Le Trexier to linebacker.

go96griz said:
Mason Vinyard, transfer from WSU, will likely be in the LB/DE rotation as well after being academically ineligible in 2019.

I like his chances too.
Does Lorenzo Brown have a break out off season?
Can Mykal Tolliver come in as a starter if Egbo moves on after graduating?
Depth at TE is thick, which new face emerges?

Montana Born said:
I think Graves and Le Trexier were players whose talents were wasted.
I believe Graves could play corner and I would move Le Trexier to linebacker.
Keeping in mind Graves is only a red-shirt freshman and has many years left to contribute. I have often wondered about how the Griz use Le Trexier, but the coaches obviously know whats best for the team.

Back