• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congrats to the Griz on a great season

SinCityGriz2005

I don’t care what anyone says in any of the posts. Preseason we were all talking about 7-5 being probable and 8-4 being a successful season.

Not only did this team surpass that, they made it back into the top 5, landed a 6 seed, a second round home game and made it into the quarterfinals.

I bitched about them during the season and this game, but damnit, they did pretty good in year 2 of the #RTD.

The benchmark for this team has been established. Next year We should expect nothing less than a win at Home against the sheep violating pussies, a return to the playoffs, and AT LEAST a trip to the semis.

Happy Grizmas, here’s to a great early signing day and next season.

I am in. Coming into the season I was hoping for a playoff game. This team exceeded all my expectations. It is cool. The seniors on this team laid the foundation. It will grow from there.

Agree 100%

It's amazing all the whining that goes on here. They could've made the semis or the big game, and if a 22 year old guy had a bad game and they lost ... even louder whining.

People lack perspective. Unless you were completely unrealistic with your expectations, this team did us proud. Yeah, high expectations are the norm for UM, and probably even help the program continue to improve. But when they fall short and eventually lose-- like all 130-odd other teams except one-- people lose their shit. Be realistic. Understand that it's a process, predicated on 100 young dudes and hard-working coaches doing their best with what they have in front of them. In short, grow the fuck up.

The very vocal minority that doesn't understand that tough loss is a part of long-term success makes us all look bad. Constructive criticism is one thing. But the incessant whiny bullshit, with nothing good to say is just counter-productive.

I'd like to get the internet out of the way, line them up, and stomp on all their balls. If they have any, I mean.

You guys had a great year. A quarter-final run after missing the playoffs is impressive. Obviously there is work to be done, but the team is ahead of schedule. If Humphrey can pick up where Sneed left off(overall, not that last game), the griz will be dominant again next year. I believe as long as Hauck and Choate are coaching, Montana will lead the Big Sky and FCS. The upcoming Brawls will be EPIC! Hopefully the Bobcats continue to come out on top!!!

MTCowpoke said:
You guys had a great year. A quarter-final run after missing the playoffs is impressive. Obviously there is work to be done, but the team is ahead of schedule. If Humphrey can pick up where Sneed left off(overall, not that last game), the griz will be dominant again next year. I believe as long as Hauck and Choate are coaching, Montana will lead the Big Sky and FCS. The upcoming Brawls will be EPIC! Hopefully the Bobcats continue to come out on top!!!

Nice post Cowpoke 👍 rarely works out this way but nice to see both our teams on top of Big Sky

If I could buy my 2020 tickets today, I would. See you in the stands next year. I'll be the one wearing maroon and yelling for my team!

Congratulations on a very nice season! :clap: I was one that was skeptical that the Griz would compete as well as they did this year, and you had some amazing wins. I was really hoping for an all Montana chipper this year! Wouldn't that have been fun? :cool:

What a bunch of amazing young men who played their hearts out all season. I am sure that they are disappointed in themselves for not doing better in some of their games I am proud for what they accomplished this year, looking forward to next season. Go Griz

Agree -

Congrats on a really good season given all you've been through the past few years. Especially shifting from Stitt style back to Bobby Ball, that is not an easy transition, IMO.

I see a future, or maybe future is now, where both Montana schools are perpetually in the top 10, and fighting towards the goal of a National Championship. I can see a possibility of a brawl rematch for Natty (knew that was an outside chance this year). It's a pretty good look for the Big Sky to have 2 teams in the final 4, 3 in the final 8, and would be a great look if it were an all Big Sky championship game (especially given the conference champ is out of the playoffs already).

I see the griz as being "back" after watching them this season

Back