• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

cheap shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

argh!

DONOR
so is hauck jr. the griz' most recent version of strahm? on replays he was shown making after-the-play cheapshots on the weber qb and others. the commentators at one point even said something about the refs 'letting them play' after one, and the vibe i got was he meant hauck's cheapshot normally be a personal foul. i know some of you think that stuff is great, because it is a physical game for 'tough guys', blah blah blah, some will say it is a demonstration of a 'dominant' attitude, and others will bless anything he does because of his dad, but i personally find that stuff pathetic, and more a sign of a d-bag than any of the other descriptions above. also, importantly, more than one of his late antics could have resulted in a costly call.

hope that doesn't continue next year, but we'll see.

argh! said:
so is hauck jr. the griz' most recent version of strahm? on replays he was shown making after-the-play cheapshots on the weber qb and others. the commentators at one point even said something about the refs 'letting them play' after one, and the vibe i got was he meant hauck's cheapshot normally be a personal foul. i know some of you think that stuff is great, because it is a physical game for 'tough guys', blah blah blah, some will say it is a demonstration of a 'dominant' attitude, and others will bless anything he does because of his dad, but i personally find that stuff pathetic, and more a sign of a d-bag than any of the other descriptions above. also, importantly, more than one of his late antics could have resulted in a costly call.

I didn't see any cheap shots; there was a lot of shoving and shit-talking, but that's too be expected in a high stakes game between two good teams with history. The announcers seemed to believe that if anything the refs should call offsetting penalties on both teams just to settle everyone down; which would indicate they didn't see it as coming primarily from one team or one player. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Shit talking is great, cheap shots aren't. You never know when the officials are going to throw a flag because it hurts their feelings.

argh! said:

The big concerning one was when it looked like he dropped his shoulder on the web after he sacked him. I was surprised that was not called. There was definitely others. And surprisingly he never got a taunting call. I know there is always shit talking but don’t do something stupid. The refs let them play for the most part which I didn’t mind. But there were a few big penalties both ways I think they should have called.

I saw the play that Hauck hit Constantine and rubbed him into the turf. Constantine went after him and the play where he kind of “threw” the runners leg after the tackle. Nothing major but I could see a flag. He definitely talks a lot but they work hard so have some fun. We will see as he matures

jcu27 said:
Shut the hell up

image.png

Strahm was a badass and Hauck is a badass. When you play with a lot of emotion and pride these things happen. It's football not hacky sack.

argh! said:

If you really want to read through the game thread, people were calling him out for his post-play antics. I really only saw it happen twice, once at the beginning of the game when he almost had a sack at another time when he tackled the QB. I agree though, that extracurricular stuff is not needed… Just tackle the guy and walk away like you’ve done it before

putter said:
I saw the play that Hauck hit Constantine and rubbed him into the turf. Constantine went after him and the play where he kind of “threw” the runners leg after the tackle. Nothing major but I could see a flag. He definitely talks a lot but they work hard so have some fun. We will see as he matures
Told my wife the same thing as it happened!

None of Hauck's stuff amounted to a cheap shot. Just extra stuff. I don't like it either. I don't know why players do those little things after plays, or shove the other guy. It accomplishes nothing, except an occasional penalty. Hauck got pushed late once, and didn't retaliate. Had he, he probably would have gotten the penalty.

Strahm never did stuff like that. He was a talker, and a hard hitter. He didn't get penalties for any stuff even remotely related to that either.

The refs let a lot of stuff go without calls that was worse than anything Hauck did. Like the uncalled hits when our guys were way out of bounds.

I was mostly fine with the refs because they called things consistently, or let things go consistently. I disagreed with a few things, but overall I thought the refs were good.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it would be about Weber States late hits out of bounds in the first half. There were two of them, both of which would have kept drives alive. Not saying that made a difference just saying it was obvious. That being said Gavin's first two hits in the game in Missoula could have both been targetting penalties as well.

The two hits out of bounds were far more obvious than anything Hauck did. Pretty sure about that.

Should be a "do like dante" hashtag.

A reciever or running back may or may not respect you after you hit them so hard they cough up the ball and see stars while trying to catch their wind while laying there on their backs.

I'm guessing just about every one will respect you when you are the first to reach out a hand to help them up.

Gotta admit, Robby pushes the limits for sure. I don't hate that. To each his own as long as it isn't costing us yards.

signedbewildered said:
Should be a "do like dante" hashtag.

A reciever or running back may or may not respect you after you hit them so hard they cough up the ball and see stars while trying to catch their wind while laying there on their backs.

I'm guessing just about every one will respect you when you are the first to reach out a hand to help them up.

Gotta admit, Robby pushes the limits for sure. I don't hate that. To each his own as long as it isn't costing us yards.

I've have talked with other fans from teams whom we have played and complained that Robby is a
late hitter and last minute pile on..I kinda of agree but he seems to be getting away with it...as a former RB that used to piss me off!

Rxgrzz said:
The two hits out of bounds were far more obvious than anything Hauck did. Pretty sure about that.

Those were obvious, the refs did let the late stuff get a little out of hand but it doesn't obviate the cheap stuff by 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back