• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck, Sneed and Olson Views

PlayerRep

1. "“Obviously, the blocked punt was a bad call by our special teams coach, who is me. I didn’t get us in the right protection there, and we gave up a touchdown back on our own end.”

Weber State’s Ja’Kobe Harris had a free run to punter Adam Wilson because the player who would be defending him was directed to run down the field in coverage."

2. "“Our defense tonight was special,” Hauck said. “They were spectacular. I believe we have the best defense in the conference, and they showed it tonight.”

"Defense ruled early as Montana and Weber State combined for nine consecutive punts to open the game. The Griz forced four three-and-outs to start and didn’t allow a first down until the Wildcats’ fifth drive."

“We were put in some tough situations and really proud of the way that we responded,” Montana linebacker Dante Olson said. “Obviously, we didn’t keep them out of the end zone enough. It shows on the scoreboard. So, disappointed on that. But proud of the guys and our effort.”

3. "“He didn’t play his sharpest for sure,” Hauck said of Sneed. “But part of that’s the defense doing a good job too.”

"He was under regular pressure and was sacked six times, including four times by defensive end Adam Rodriguez."

"Sneed was intercepted a school-record five times, two of which Hauck attributed to a slick ball. "

4. "“They played a lot more zone this game,” Sneed said. “They played a lot of Cover 2 and tried to bait throws, tried to take away our hitches on the outside and took away our RPO game. So, they did a good job. But there’s a lot of things that I missed out there and a lot of throws I missed.”

“Just didn’t execute. Didn’t make my reads,” Sneed said. “That game falls on my shoulders. I let a lot of people down, let the seniors down, let our team down. It falls on my shoulders. Turned the ball over five times. Hard to win the game.”

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-s-offense-goes-silent-in-fcs-playoff-quarterfinal-loss/article_4b5109e6-7e8d-5b3e-8aea-005a314fb090.html

These seniors are class acts. I wish Olson all the best getting ready for the draft.

PlayerRep said:
1. "“Obviously, the blocked punt was a bad call by our special teams coach, who is me. I didn’t get us in the right protection there, and we gave up a touchdown back on our own end.”

Weber State’s Ja’Kobe Harris had a free run to punter Adam Wilson because the player who would be defending him was directed to run down the field in coverage."

2. "“Our defense tonight was special,” Hauck said. “They were spectacular. I believe we have the best defense in the conference, and they showed it tonight.”

"Defense ruled early as Montana and Weber State combined for nine consecutive punts to open the game. The Griz forced four three-and-outs to start and didn’t allow a first down until the Wildcats’ fifth drive."

“We were put in some tough situations and really proud of the way that we responded,” Montana linebacker Dante Olson said. “Obviously, we didn’t keep them out of the end zone enough. It shows on the scoreboard. So, disappointed on that. But proud of the guys and our effort.”

3. "“He didn’t play his sharpest for sure,” Hauck said of Sneed. “But part of that’s the defense doing a good job too.”

"He was under regular pressure and was sacked six times, including four times by defensive end Adam Rodriguez."

"Sneed was intercepted a school-record five times, two of which Hauck attributed to a slick ball. "

4. "“They played a lot more zone this game,” Sneed said. “They played a lot of Cover 2 and tried to bait throws, tried to take away our hitches on the outside and took away our RPO game. So, they did a good job. But there’s a lot of things that I missed out there and a lot of throws I missed.”

“Just didn’t execute. Didn’t make my reads,” Sneed said. “That game falls on my shoulders. I let a lot of people down, let the seniors down, let our team down. It falls on my shoulders. Turned the ball over five times. Hard to win the game.”

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-s-offense-goes-silent-in-fcs-playoff-quarterfinal-loss/article_4b5109e6-7e8d-5b3e-8aea-005a314fb090.html

Sneed is an impressive in every thing he does. I think he would make a great coach.

griznative24 said:
I like Hauck but the best defense in the BSC doesn't get blown out by Sac and msu...

Who had a better defense?

A defense is measured by how they play in a season, not by how they play in every game, or by how they play in bad games.

UM blew out Weber, once. SS beat the Cats soundly. UM played D played better in its game against Oregon than the Cats did in its FBS game.

UM's D was terrific in the playoffs.

Feel free to say that Weber or Cats have a better D, but it makes no sense to say UM's D isn't great because the team lost 2 games big.

PlayerRep said:
griznative24 said:
I like Hauck but the best defense in the BSC doesn't get blown out by Sac and msu...

A defense is measured by how they play in a season, not by how they play in every game, or by how they play in bad games.

UM blew out Weber, once. SS beat the Cats soundly. UM played D played better in its game against Oregon than the Cats did in its FBS game.

Feel free to say that Weber or Cats have a better D, but it makes no sense to say UM's D isn't great because the team lost 2 games big.

Agreed. It’s a cumulative effort, with ups and downs. If our D plays like that next year we’re gonna go a long ways.

PlayerRep said:
griznative24 said:

Weber’s defense wasn’t as bad as people think in the first game. It was their special team miscues and the interceptions that we’re giving the Griz a short field to work with. Don’t forget we were 2/10 on 3rd down conversions, and only had one long sustained drive. Ironically those numbers were much improved last night yet we scored less. Two things stand out, Constantine protected the ball better, and their special teams far exceeded their first game against. Even Bobby said, much improvement was needed from that first game. I can’t remember the exact quote.

I would say Weber has the best defense, they shut us down pretty good, and their D-line was very good.

Personally i think all the top teams in the Sky had great defenses, its why they all went so far this year. I honestly think we are seeing a shift from the gunslinger highscoring offensive conference we've been known for to a more MVFC strong defensive conference.

Good to have Montana and Montana state back. I look forward to our future matchups

Dalton Sneed. Owned his bad game and took total responsibility. A rare quality in a young man. More impressed by how he handled the loss and his performance than anything he did on the field. Feel bad for him, but he will do well in life.

I don't know too many defenses that could hold a #3 seeded team to 10 offensive points, 8 1st downs and 113 yards total offense when put in the hole with 5 interceptions. They were exceptional last night.

These seniors stuck around and persevered through a lot of change and by all accounts have done nothing but put this program back on track. They raised the bar for these talented underclassmen and I think we are about to see this team take off. Trending in the right direction, if you can look at the big picture.

kemajic said:
I don't know too many defenses that could hold a #3 seeded team to 10 offensive points, 8 1st downs and 113 yards total offense when put in the hole with 5 interceptions. They were exceptional last night.

They were absolutely exceptional Friday night. But the best D in the conference was the one that forced 5 turnovers and blocked a punt. The second best held a top 20 rushing team to 19 yards.

To only give up 10 points in the situations they were constantly put in, you would have to say this was one of the Defense's best games. They were the reason we were in the game in spite of all the bad things that happened.

Walkon79 said:
kemajic said:

They were absolutely exceptional Friday night. But the best D in the conference was the one that forced 5 turnovers and blocked a punt. The second best held a top 20 rushing team to 19 yards.

Weber didn't force 5 TO. It got the benefit of a slippery field and slippery ball, and yes made a few plays. The UM D was way better than Weber's D.

Watch the game and learn something about football before you post in the future.

PlayerRep said:
Walkon79 said:
kemajic said:

Weber didn't force 5 TO. It got the benefit of a slippery field and slippery ball, and yes made a few plays. The UM D was way better than Weber's D.

Watch the game and learn something about football before you post in the future.

UM also got the benefit of a slippery field and ball and forced precisely zero turnovers. Yes, yes, if a bounce had went our way blah blah, but it didn’t and we lost. I accept it, and don’t make excuses for sneed and his record breaking bad game. He threw five picks. That is exceptionally bad, and Weber had something to do with that.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PlayerRep said:
Walkon79 said:
kemajic said:

UM also got the benefit of a slippery field and ball and forced precisely zero turnovers. Yes, yes, if a bounce had went our way blah blah, but it didn’t and we lost. I accept it, and don’t make excuses for sneed and his record breaking bad game. He threw five picks. That is exceptionally bad, and Weber had something to do with that.

And you don't understand the game of football and never played the game.

Jeez, no one said that both teams didn't play on the same field.

PlayerRep said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PlayerRep said:
Walkon79 said:

And you don't understand the game of football and never played the game.

Jeez, no one said that both teams didn't play on the same field.

I only played the game at the high school level, so what bud. It doesn’t take a former or current college athlete to understand the game of football. And you said that Weber didn’t force those turnovers, but they most certainly did. They zoned up, which clearly flustered sneed, who under pressure from their d line proceeded to have the worst game by any QB in UM history.

Back