• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

267 Days

PDXGrizzly

DONOR
September 5th is 267 days away. What do you think the Griz need to do to improve?

My thoughts:

1) O Line needs to get better, especially on the edge. Tackles can’t get consistently beat on passing downs against good defenses. Griz need a more dominant run game to really grind on not only weaker teams, but ranked teams. They are headed in the right direction, but there will be some experience that needs replacing.

2) Corners need to improve. Pretty simple. Inconsistent play has led to penalties and extended drives.

3) Contender at QB needs to emerge. Sneed is a hell of a player and will be hard to replace. I’m not sure if we have seen that replacement play yet...

4) More consistent coverage by safeties. Saw them cash hot and cold throughout the season. Super tough to run against, but coverage is a weakness.

My pedestrian two cents. Obviously no major analysis or in depth research. Just some thoughts.

Early prediction based off absolutely nothing: for better or worse, I don’t believe Humphrey is our starting QB on 9/5...

PDXGrizzly said:
September 5th is 267 days away. What do you think the Griz need to do to improve?

My thoughts:

1) O Line needs to get better, especially on the edge. Tackles can’t get consistently beat on passing downs against good defenses. Griz need a more dominant run game to really grind on not only weaker teams, but ranked teams. They are headed in the right direction, but there will be some experience that needs replacing.

2) Corners need to improve. Pretty simple. Inconsistent play has led to penalties and extended drives.

3) Contender at QB needs to emerge. Sneed is a hell of a player and will be hard to replace. I’m not sure if we have seen that replacement play yet...

4) More consistent coverage by safeties. Saw them cash hot and cold throughout the season. Super tough to run against, but coverage is a weakness.

My pedestrian two cents. Obviously no major analysis or in depth research. Just some thoughts.

Agree with all the above and would add some depth, beef, and a mean streak to the D-line.

Sneed is a baller no doubt. But a mid-level quarterback who doesn’t have such tremendous ups and downs wouldn’t necessarily be terrible

BozAngelesGriz said:
Sneed is a baller no doubt. But a mid-level quarterback who doesn’t have such tremendous ups and downs wouldn’t necessarily be terrible

A guy like, say, a Cam Humphrey type?

AZGrizFan said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

A guy like, say, a Cam Humphrey type?

My word, does the program possess such a weapon?!

Back