Big Sky Coaches

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
Post Reply
User avatar
wbtfg
Posts: 5934
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:26 am

Big Sky Coaches

Post by wbtfg » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:03 pm

Do you all think that come playoff time, Big Sky coaches will be willing to help each other out? For instance, Sac just lost to Austin Peay, would Troy Taylor be willing to provide insight to MSU on what he saw in his pregame scout and what he saw when watching the tape post game?

If UM or Weber would have lost the game last week, would the losing team helped their fellow big sky conference member in scouting game prep?

Is there an unwritten coaching rule one way or the other regarding this?

Obviously neither Hauck nor Choate would help the other out on this...hahaha.

I'm going to cross post this on BN and over here because I'm curious to see what people think.
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”

MikeyGriz
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by MikeyGriz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:04 pm

They should be willing to furnish film for review.

User avatar
putter
eGriz Club
Posts: 7329
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:00 am
Location: GF, MT

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by putter » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:05 pm

I would think they would be willing to help and provide any insight.
So Let me get this straight.....Muslim terrorists fly planes into buildings and we are not supposed to judge all Muslim's for the actions of a few. A few crazy Americans commit heinous acts with guns but it is OK to condemn all gun owning Americans.. there is our congress for you.

bpcats
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:02 pm

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by bpcats » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:07 pm

Choate talked about that, the Big Sky coaches help each other out quite a bit.

User avatar
wbtfg
Posts: 5934
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:26 am

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by wbtfg » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:27 pm

bpcats wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:07 pm
Choate talked about that, the Big Sky coaches help each other out quite a bit.
Interesting, I wasn't able to listen to the press conference today. I wonder how much, if at all, Choate helps Jay Hill for scouting/game prep.
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”

User avatar
Grizzlies1982
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:25 pm

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by Grizzlies1982 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:54 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:27 pm
bpcats wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:07 pm
Choate talked about that, the Big Sky coaches help each other out quite a bit.
Interesting, I wasn't able to listen to the press conference today. I wonder how much, if at all, Choate helps Jay Hill for scouting/game prep.

He probably flew directly down to Utah to help with that one. Though he had to take a charter to carry all his papers, charts, and graphs since he spends ALL YEAR plotting how to beat Montana.

Though I'd guess personal relationships between coaches probably dictate how much help/sharing is offered. Some of these guys appear to like each other, some of them definitely don't.
Survey says: Playoffs are more fun when the Grizzlies are in them.

The.Real.2506
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by The.Real.2506 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:02 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:27 pm
bpcats wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:07 pm
Choate talked about that, the Big Sky coaches help each other out quite a bit.
Interesting, I wasn't able to listen to the press conference today. I wonder how much, if at all, Choate helps Jay Hill for scouting/game prep.
I think it was in the presser on the Monday after Cat/grizz
Question was about bye week strategy

PlayerRep
Posts: 25492
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by PlayerRep » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Coaches who are good friends help each other during the season. They would surely help each other now.

Gaeilge1
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:15 am

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by Gaeilge1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:55 pm

I would suspect that without any prohibition on assistance the practice is to the individual coach. I would think that most coaches would be agreeable to provide insights and film whenever they can, particularly if they can see some ultimate benefit to their own team.

User avatar
Dillon
Posts: 951
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by Dillon » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:37 pm

Gaeilge1 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:55 pm
I would suspect that without any prohibition on assistance the practice is to the individual coach. I would think that most coaches would be agreeable to provide insights and film whenever they can, particularly if they can see some ultimate benefit to their own team.
:thumb:

grizpack
eGriz Club
Posts: 9251
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:46 am

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by grizpack » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:28 pm

MikeyGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:04 pm
They should be willing to furnish film for review.
They are required to make film available. Almost all the teams now use HUDL or something similar, so it is simply a matter of logging on to get their film for each game.

Who was the team a few years ago that wouldn't exchange film with the Griz? I can't remember. Seems like it was in the playoffs too. Northern Iowa? That was back when the film literally had to be overnighted to the other team.

User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 12493
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by kemajic » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:37 pm

grizpack wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:28 pm
MikeyGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:04 pm
They should be willing to furnish film for review.
They are required to make film available. Almost all the teams now use HUDL or something similar, so it is simply a matter of logging on to get their film for each game.

Who was the team a few years ago that wouldn't exchange film with the Griz? I can't remember. Seems like it was in the playoffs too. Northern Iowa? That was back when the film literally had to be overnighted to the other team.
It was Farley and UNI. To be expected.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

User avatar
floridagriz15
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by floridagriz15 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:22 pm

Just depends on the coaching relationship at the end of the day, Hauck sharing anything with Ewuu, the Pussycats, or Bizon never, but the spuds, PSU, and almost anybody else forsure.

User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 20843
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Re: Big Sky Coaches

Post by EverettGriz » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:53 am

They absolutely do. Although given two bsc teams playing in Ogden this week, I doubt many are playing favorites and helping only one coach.
Booze is the duct tape of life.

Post Reply