Da Boyz Mom
eGriz Club

Re: TEAM TO OGDEN

Post by Da Boyz Mom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:15 pm

putter
eGriz Club

Post by putter » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:28 pm

I would wonder when the team would go down. It is a 2 hour flight and, if the weather looks good, would they leave the morning of? Allow the kids to sleep in their own beds and not have to sit around all day until the night game?
So Let me get this straight.....Muslim terrorists fly planes into buildings and we are not supposed to judge all Muslim's for the actions of a few. A few crazy Americans commit heinous acts with guns but it is OK to condemn all gun owning Americans.. there is our congress for you.

grizeyes
eGriz Club

Post by grizeyes » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:34 pm

putter wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:28 pm
I would wonder when the team would go down. It is a 2 hour flight and, if the weather looks good, would they leave the morning of? Allow the kids to sleep in their own beds and not have to sit around all day until the night game?
I was wondering this as well. Start the pre game once they get to Ogden. Not sure if this will be less disruptive or not. Will be interesting to see

Go Griz!
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature that has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill

wbtfg

Post by wbtfg » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:39 pm

putter wrote:
Definitely an interesting question. Is it better to be in a hotel where they are able to have team meetings and watch film as a group, but then have to sit around for hours and hours waiting for the late game? Or is it better to stay in Missoula, sleep in their own beds, etc. and fly down the day of the game?

I wonder if the coaches have some say or if it's dictated by the NCAA. Not sure what SELA did, but I know UAlbany flew into Bozeman on Thursday, spent the day Friday hanging out with "fake" dinosaurs for a Saturday game.
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”

putter
eGriz Club

Post by putter » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:45 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:39 pm
putter wrote:
Definitely an interesting question. Is it better to be in a hotel where they are able to have team meetings and watch film as a group, but then have to sit around for hours and hours waiting for the late game? Or is it better to stay in Missoula, sleep in their own beds, etc. and fly down the day of the game?

I wonder if the coaches have some say or if it's dictated by the NCAA. Not sure what SELA did, but I know UAlbany flew into Bozeman on Thursday, spent the day Friday hanging out with "fake" dinosaurs for a Saturday game.
Definitely the "fake" dinosaurs had to throw Albany off their game. Just could not believe what they were seeing?? :)
So Let me get this straight.....Muslim terrorists fly planes into buildings and we are not supposed to judge all Muslim's for the actions of a few. A few crazy Americans commit heinous acts with guns but it is OK to condemn all gun owning Americans.. there is our congress for you.

mcg
eGriz Club

Post by mcg » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:08 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:39 pm
putter wrote:

I think flying Friday morning would be a better idea. The team would have better preparation on Thursday in Missoula, then fill the 'dead' time Friday (8:00 pm kick makes for a long day) with an easy flight and bus. I would say the team should prolly stay at a hotel in Missoula Thursday night. Having said all that, I bet there is an NCAA rule that says you've got to travel Thursday.

get'em_griz
eGriz Club

Post by get'em_griz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:14 pm

In today's press conference, Bobby said they will use the same gameday plan as they did for the 8:00 PM kickoff against Oregon earlier in the year. I can't recall though if they flew out of Missoula on game day or if it was the day before.
2012 UM Alumnus
Total Home Games attended: 81 and counting...
Total Road Games attended: 13 ('07 State, '08 EWU, '08 NC, '14 UW, '14 EWU, '15 PSU, '15 NDSU, '16 EWU, ‘17 UW, ‘17 PSU, ‘17 ISU, ‘17 WSU, ‘17 State)

Proud Griz Man
eGriz Club

Post by Proud Griz Man » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:53 pm

[
get'em_griz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:14 pm
In today's press conference, Bobby said they will use the same gameday plan as they did for the 8:00 PM kickoff against Oregon earlier in the year. I can't recall though if they flew out of Missoula on game day or if it was the day before.

atomik235

Post by atomik235 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:04 am

get'em_griz wrote:
They flew the day before. Not sure why people would think it’s better to fly the day of.... where are you going to stay/prep before game start? Rent a hotel to not stay overnight? Going the night before and use a late checkout they have a place to hang before getting to the stadium.

Ursa Major
eGriz Club

Post by Ursa Major » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:27 am

atomik235 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:04 am
get'em_griz wrote:
They flew the day before. Not sure why people would think it’s better to fly the day of.... where are you going to stay/prep before game start? Rent a hotel to not stay overnight? Going the night before and use a late checkout they have a place to hang before getting to the stadium.
I understand Ogden's Christmas Village is a great place to hang for a few hours.
Post Like A Champion!

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:29 am

Ursa Major wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:27 am
atomik235 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:04 am
get'em_griz wrote:
I understand Ogden's Christmas Village is a great place to hang for a few hours.
Yes, but be certain to DRESS WARMLY!!!
Booze is the duct tape of life.