• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

America's Game - Army Navy

SoldierGriz

DONOR
Hope all of you can find time next Saturday to watch the game.

This game will feature an Army team, which has played 4 different QBs this year because of injuries. It's been a tough year. But, Navy has put together a very nice season and is now rewarded with a bowl invite to play Kansas State in the Libery Bowl.

These men representing the Army Corps of Cadets and the Brigade of Midshipmen will square off in the traditional battle in the trenches.

More importantly, many of them will graduate this spring and join the best Army and Navy in the world. They are future platoon leaders, Army Rangers, SEALS, paratroopers, ship engineers, nuclear officers, submarine officers among other positions important to our national security.

Both academies emphasize a lifetime of service, so they will go on to serve as elected representatives, CEOs, and even Presidents of Universities.

They are the best and brightest in so many ways, and a part of the less than 1 percent of our Nation who makes the decision to serve.

I love all of them. I hope you do as well, and I hope you will watch America's game this Saturday.

Go Army, beat Navy.

Soldiergriz

Thank you Soldiergriz.
Nice post.
God bless you and all that have served and will serve this country.

griznhel said:
Go Navy. Beat Army !!
+1

FYI, so you know: Game at 1:00 pm (MT) on Saturday. Should be on whatever CBS channel you have. No idea if it's being streamed, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't ... somewhere.

SaskGriz said:
Why do the games against the Air Force Academy not have the same cache?

Longevity, traditions of excellence, and timing are principal reasons. It will be the biggest game played next weekend. It stands alone for the Nation. Games against AF are full of cache by the academies...but not the general public.

SoldierGriz said:

This game will feature an Army team, which has played 4 different QBs this year because of injuries. It's been a tough year. But, Navy has put together a very nice season and is now rewarded with a bowl invite to play Kansas State in the Libery Bowl.

These men representing the Army Corps of Cadets and the Brigade of Midshipmen will square off in the traditional battle in the trenches.

More importantly, many of them will graduate this spring and join the best Army and Navy in the world. They are future platoon leaders, Army Rangers, SEALS, paratroopers, ship engineers, nuclear officers, submarine officers among other positions important to our national security.

Both academies emphasize a lifetime of service, so they will go on to serve as elected representatives, CEOs, and even Presidents of Universities.

They are the best and brightest in so many ways, and a part of the less than 1 percent of our Nation who makes the decision to serve.

I love all of them. I hope you do as well, and I hope you will watch America's game this Saturday.

Go Army, beat Navy.

Soldiergriz

Thanks Soldier!

Although I'm an MSU Army ROTC product and served many years with some extremely fine Hudson High officers, my favorite service academy is still the Naval Academy because of Roger Staubach and everything that happened to that 1963 team in Dallas and the subsequent events of the administration that befell this entire country as a direct result of that one event that happened in Dallas on that fateful event in November of 63.

So, that's why an old Army Infantry Officer cheers for the future Marine and Naval Officers in this one game.

SoldierGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

Longevity, traditions of excellence, and timing are principal reasons. It will be the biggest game played next weekend. It stands alone for the Nation. Games against AF are full of cache by the academies...but not the general public.

Also, remember that the Air Farce was spun out of the Army Air Corp...point of order, by the way: the U.S. Army is also the world's largest Air Force AND Navy. You're welcome for that useless bit of trivia...

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
SoldierGriz said:

Go Army, beat Navy.

Soldiergriz

Thanks Soldier!

Although I'm an MSU Army ROTC product and served many years with some extremely fine Hudson High officers, my favorite service academy is still the Naval Academy because of Roger Staubach and everything that happened to that 1963 team in Dallas and the subsequent events of the administration that befell this entire country as a direct result of that one event that happened in Dallas on that fateful event in November of 63.

So, that's why an old Army Infantry Officer cheers for the future Marine and Naval Officers in this one game.

Thank you for the post. I forgot to list the Naval Academy produces hundreds of Marine Corps leaders every year.

Inexcusable mistake on my part. Semper Fidelis.

#beatnavy

SoldierGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

Thanks SoldierGriz, I've always wondered about that. Makes sense.

Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.

I had the honor and great opportunity to spend 3 days/nights on the USS Boise LA-Class fast attack submarine as a VIP a few years back. One of the most memorable events of my life. And I'll say this: 3 days were doable, but as someone else who is a little claustrophobic, I was ready to get the hell off by the time we docked in Florida. I cannot imagine doing some of the lengthy deployments.

There are no days or nights on subs, obviously, so your internal clock gets a little screwy. And there's certainly no privacy. Not everyone is cut out for sub duty, that's for sure.

That said, though, I left that experience with the absolute utmost respect for the men who served on her. Truly America's finest, and I was honored to have spent the time with them.

I have always liked and tried to watch this game, on tv. I hear that it's an incredible game to see in person.

With my former Army Ranger son, former starting safety nephew at Air Force, and having attended some Air Force games recently, the game was taken on a bit more importance in recent times.

Last year, a photo of my Bozeman nephew and his his school football buddy, at the game and in their full dress unis, was really awesome. They looked so impressive.

Back