America's Game - Army Navy

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
User avatar
Yukon
Posts: 3477
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:51 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by Yukon » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:58 am

I was part of the 8th and 20th Air Force for my service years. Always root for Army.

Go Army, beat Navy!
"Facts are stubborn things" John Adams

User avatar
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3271
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 am
Location: Displaced from the Last Best Place

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by SoldierGriz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:16 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
All can youtube Trump at Army Navy game. I didn't hear any boos during the 2 videos I watched. Perhaps there are others. Not the place for boos IMO.

I don't know much about subs, but wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of their missile payload, that's for sure. Much respect to those who perform these duties for our Nation.

#beatnavy
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

User avatar
indian-outlaw
Posts: 2418
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:56 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by indian-outlaw » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:27 pm

Since I am a former jarhead I can root for the squids.
"If you get to thinking' you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around" Will Rogers

reinell30
eGriz Club
Posts: 3810
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 am
Location: Great Falls Mt

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by reinell30 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:31 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
America's Armed Forces personnel are professionals and we/they do not Boo our Commander in Chief!

User avatar
bgbigdog
eGriz Club
Posts: 5593
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:53 am
Location: US

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by bgbigdog » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Ad space....

















#putthisonyourbucketlist. Ain’t nothin like this, nowhere.
"Growl"

User avatar
indian-outlaw
Posts: 2418
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:56 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by indian-outlaw » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:52 pm

reinell30 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:31 pm
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
America's Armed Forces personnel are professionals and we/they do not Boo our Commander in Chief!
Academy students are cadets. I don't think they are actual members of the united states armed forces but they certainly would not have liberty to boo the president. But in this case they should anyway.. :)
"If you get to thinking' you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around" Will Rogers

PlayerRep
Posts: 25492
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by PlayerRep » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Looks like no boos inside stadium at 2016 games.

"Protests outside and applause inside stadium greet Trump as he attends Army-Navy game:"

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... rylink=cpy

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 69258.html

User avatar
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3271
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 am
Location: Displaced from the Last Best Place

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by SoldierGriz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:23 pm

indian-outlaw wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:52 pm
reinell30 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:31 pm
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
America's Armed Forces personnel are professionals and we/they do not Boo our Commander in Chief!
Academy students are cadets. I don't think they are actual members of the united states armed forces but they certainly would not have liberty to boo the president. But in this case they should anyway.. :)
Those at the Academy are on active duty. Fact.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

User avatar
indian-outlaw
Posts: 2418
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:56 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by indian-outlaw » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:33 pm

SoldierGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:23 pm
indian-outlaw wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:52 pm
reinell30 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:31 pm
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
America's Armed Forces personnel are professionals and we/they do not Boo our Commander in Chief!
Academy students are cadets. I don't think they are actual members of the united states armed forces but they certainly would not have liberty to boo the president. But in this case they should anyway.. :)
I thought they had the opportunity to walk away? At least the first year or two.
Those at the Academy are on active duty. Fact.
"If you get to thinking' you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around" Will Rogers

User avatar
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3271
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 am
Location: Displaced from the Last Best Place

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by SoldierGriz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:35 pm

indian-outlaw wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:33 pm
SoldierGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:23 pm
indian-outlaw wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:52 pm
reinell30 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:31 pm


America's Armed Forces personnel are professionals and we/they do not Boo our Commander in Chief!
Academy students are cadets. I don't think they are actual members of the united states armed forces but they certainly would not have liberty to boo the president. But in this case they should anyway.. :)
I thought they had the opportunity to walk away? At least the first year or two.
Those at the Academy are on active duty. Fact.
They can. They are then discharged from Active Duty usually with general under honorable conditions, which is considered good service.

This is different from ROTC where cadets are not on active duty.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

CatGrad-UMGradStu
Posts: 721
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by CatGrad-UMGradStu » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:04 pm

SoldierGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:35 pm
indian-outlaw wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:33 pm
SoldierGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:23 pm
indian-outlaw wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Academy students are cadets. I don't think they are actual members of the united states armed forces but they certainly would not have liberty to boo the president. But in this case they should anyway.. :)
I thought they had the opportunity to walk away? At least the first year or two.
Those at the Academy are on active duty. Fact.
They can. They are then discharged from Active Duty usually with general under honorable conditions, which is considered good service.

This is different from ROTC where cadets are not on active duty.
Spent two years as an S-1. It was amazing how many PFCs we processed who were at one time scholarship cadets who erroneously thought they could simply walk away from their commitment.

User avatar
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3271
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 am
Location: Displaced from the Last Best Place

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by SoldierGriz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:43 pm

CatGrad-UMGradStu wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:04 pm
SoldierGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:35 pm
indian-outlaw wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:33 pm
SoldierGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:23 pm

I thought they had the opportunity to walk away? At least the first year or two.
Those at the Academy are on active duty. Fact.
They can. They are then discharged from Active Duty usually with general under honorable conditions, which is considered good service.

This is different from ROTC where cadets are not on active duty.
Spent two years as an S-1. It was amazing how many PFCs we processed who were at one time scholarship cadets who erroneously thought they could simply walk away from their commitment.
It happens. Start day 1 of 3rd year...commitment locks in.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 24997
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by AZGrizFan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:48 pm

CatGrad-UMGradStu wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:06 am
SoldierGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:55 am
SaskGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:49 am
Why do the games against the Air Force Academy not have the same cache?
Longevity, traditions of excellence, and timing are principal reasons. It will be the biggest game played next weekend. It stands alone for the Nation. Games against AF are full of cache by the academies...but not the general public.
Also, remember that the Air Farce was spun out of the Army Air Corp...point of order, by the way: the U.S. Army is also the world's largest Air Force AND Navy. You're welcome for that useless bit of trivia...
Mmmm....Largest Navy? I don’t think so.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

User avatar
BadlandsGrizFan
Posts: 5061
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:21 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:40 am

reinell30 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:31 pm
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
America's Armed Forces personnel are professionals and we/they do not Boo our Commander in Chief!
Theyre fighting for the right to do so though if they wanted to.
Montana is no place for the idler, the penniless, the feeble in will or body!

User avatar
BadlandsGrizFan
Posts: 5061
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:21 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:41 am

SoldierGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:16 pm
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
All can youtube Trump at Army Navy game. I didn't hear any boos during the 2 videos I watched. Perhaps there are others. Not the place for boos IMO.

I don't know much about subs, but wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of their missile payload, that's for sure. Much respect to those who perform these duties for our Nation.

#beatnavy
Subs are pretty much considered the worlds most devastating piece of military are they not?
Montana is no place for the idler, the penniless, the feeble in will or body!

User avatar
BadlandsGrizFan
Posts: 5061
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:21 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:43 am

EverettGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:31 am
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
I had the honor and great opportunity to spend 3 days/nights on the USS Boise LA-Class fast attack submarine as a VIP a few years back. One of the most memorable events of my life. And I'll say this: 3 days were doable, but as someone else who is a little claustrophobic, I was ready to get the hell off by the time we docked in Florida. I cannot imagine doing some of the lengthy deployments.

There are no days or nights on subs, obviously, so your internal clock gets a little screwy. And there's certainly no privacy. Not everyone is cut out for sub duty, that's for sure.

That said, though, I left that experience with the absolute utmost respect for the men who served on her. Truly America's finest, and I was honored to have spent the time with them.
That would be an awesome experience. I think I could do three days.

Did the days seem like they lasted forever?
Montana is no place for the idler, the penniless, the feeble in will or body!

User avatar
Cuervohola
eGriz Club
Posts: 3755
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:10 pm
Location: HELENA

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by Cuervohola » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:09 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
80 Men go down, 40 couples come up.
The Only Thing Congressional "Leaders" Do Is Rename Post Offices and Highways

GrizRun
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:29 am

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by GrizRun » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:46 pm

Great Post SoldierGriz! I graduated from Annapolis and can tell you that the rivalry between Army and Navy is unique and like no other. From the moment you step onto the yard, beating Army becomes engrained in your life. Every corner you square from day one as a plebe you yell "Go Navy, sir" and the next corner you yell "Beat Army, sir". This pattern repeats itself continually so you can imagine in one year the amount of times you yell "Beat Army"!
The Army/Navy game itself is an amazing spectacle of pageantry and spirit. The players want nothing more than to win that game every year and destroy their rival but they also have the utmost respect for their opponent and know that we will all be serving together for the same purpose in the future.
I was at the Army/Navy game in 2001 after the 9/11 attacks and can tell you it was the most emotional and patriotic event I've ever witnessed in person. I would definitely recommend attending a game if you ever have a chance.
As they say, it’s the only game where everyone on the field is willing to die for everyone watching.
GO NAVY!!! BEAT ARMY!!!

reinell30
eGriz Club
Posts: 3810
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 am
Location: Great Falls Mt

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by reinell30 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:26 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:40 am
reinell30 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:31 pm
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
America's Armed Forces personnel are professionals and we/they do not Boo our Commander in Chief!
Theyre fighting for the right to do so though if they wanted to.
Military just doesn't work quite that way...If military has something to complain about, it is done in a professional manner out of sight of the public. (Usually)

CatGrad-UMGradStu
Posts: 721
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by CatGrad-UMGradStu » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:49 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:48 pm
CatGrad-UMGradStu wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:06 am
SoldierGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:55 am
SaskGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:49 am
Why do the games against the Air Force Academy not have the same cache?
Longevity, traditions of excellence, and timing are principal reasons. It will be the biggest game played next weekend. It stands alone for the Nation. Games against AF are full of cache by the academies...but not the general public.
Also, remember that the Air Farce was spun out of the Army Air Corp...point of order, by the way: the U.S. Army is also the world's largest Air Force AND Navy. You're welcome for that useless bit of trivia...
Mmmm....Largest Navy? I don’t think so.
It is true. We have in all probability ten times more RB-8s in our inventory than all of the Navy's boats combined. Check out Janes.

Post Reply