America's Game - Army Navy

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club

America's Game - Army Navy

Post by SoldierGriz » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:33 pm

Hope all of you can find time next Saturday to watch the game.

This game will feature an Army team, which has played 4 different QBs this year because of injuries. It's been a tough year. But, Navy has put together a very nice season and is now rewarded with a bowl invite to play Kansas State in the Libery Bowl.

These men representing the Army Corps of Cadets and the Brigade of Midshipmen will square off in the traditional battle in the trenches.

More importantly, many of them will graduate this spring and join the best Army and Navy in the world. They are future platoon leaders, Army Rangers, SEALS, paratroopers, ship engineers, nuclear officers, submarine officers among other positions important to our national security.

Both academies emphasize a lifetime of service, so they will go on to serve as elected representatives, CEOs, and even Presidents of Universities.

They are the best and brightest in so many ways, and a part of the less than 1 percent of our Nation who makes the decision to serve.

I love all of them. I hope you do as well, and I hope you will watch America's game this Saturday.

Go Army, beat Navy.

Soldiergriz
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

grizturd
eGriz Club

Re: America's Game - Army Navy

Post by grizturd » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Thank you Soldiergriz.
Nice post.
God bless you and all that have served and will serve this country.

stilwtrgrizz

Post by stilwtrgrizz » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:14 pm

GO ARMY !!!!!!!
“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”
― Betty White

bigskyguy

Post by bigskyguy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:19 pm

Dad was Army and Air Force, me Navy. GO NAVY BEAT army!!!
Thank you to all that served!
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne
I’d rather be at a Griz game.

griznhel
eGriz Club

Post by griznhel » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:45 pm

Go Navy. Beat Army !!

montanaguy

Post by montanaguy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:01 pm

I've attended this game in the past. Great spectacle in person.

IdaGriz01

Post by IdaGriz01 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:11 pm

griznhel wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:45 pm
Go Navy. Beat Army !!
+1

FYI, so you know: Game at 1:00 pm (MT) on Saturday. Should be on whatever CBS channel you have. No idea if it's being streamed, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't ... somewhere.

Harm

Post by Harm » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:12 pm

Go ARMY, beat Navy!

RLTW!

Sua Sponte!

Da Boyz Mom
eGriz Club

Post by Da Boyz Mom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:06 pm

My oldest son is Army National Guard. Go Army!!!

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:53 pm

Go Navy, beat Army!
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

SaskGriz

Post by SaskGriz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:49 am

Why do the games against the Air Force Academy not have the same cache?

reinell30
eGriz Club

Post by reinell30 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:49 am

To all my future SEAL brothers, beat that Army [email protected]@!

SoldierGriz
eGriz Club

Post by SoldierGriz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:55 am

SaskGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:49 am
Longevity, traditions of excellence, and timing are principal reasons. It will be the biggest game played next weekend. It stands alone for the Nation. Games against AF are full of cache by the academies...but not the general public.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

CatGrad-UMGradStu

Post by CatGrad-UMGradStu » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:01 am

SoldierGriz wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:33 pm

This game will feature an Army team, which has played 4 different QBs this year because of injuries. It's been a tough year. But, Navy has put together a very nice season and is now rewarded with a bowl invite to play Kansas State in the Libery Bowl.

These men representing the Army Corps of Cadets and the Brigade of Midshipmen will square off in the traditional battle in the trenches.

More importantly, many of them will graduate this spring and join the best Army and Navy in the world. They are future platoon leaders, Army Rangers, SEALS, paratroopers, ship engineers, nuclear officers, submarine officers among other positions important to our national security.

Both academies emphasize a lifetime of service, so they will go on to serve as elected representatives, CEOs, and even Presidents of Universities.

They are the best and brightest in so many ways, and a part of the less than 1 percent of our Nation who makes the decision to serve.

I love all of them. I hope you do as well, and I hope you will watch America's game this Saturday.

Go Army, beat Navy.

Soldiergriz
Thanks Soldier!

Although I'm an MSU Army ROTC product and served many years with some extremely fine Hudson High officers, my favorite service academy is still the Naval Academy because of Roger Staubach and everything that happened to that 1963 team in Dallas and the subsequent events of the administration that befell this entire country as a direct result of that one event that happened in Dallas on that fateful event in November of 63.

So, that's why an old Army Infantry Officer cheers for the future Marine and Naval Officers in this one game.

CatGrad-UMGradStu

Post by CatGrad-UMGradStu » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:06 am

SoldierGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:55 am
SaskGriz wrote:
Longevity, traditions of excellence, and timing are principal reasons. It will be the biggest game played next weekend. It stands alone for the Nation. Games against AF are full of cache by the academies...but not the general public.
Also, remember that the Air Farce was spun out of the Army Air Corp...point of order, by the way: the U.S. Army is also the world's largest Air Force AND Navy. You're welcome for that useless bit of trivia...

SoldierGriz
eGriz Club

Post by SoldierGriz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:06 am

CatGrad-UMGradStu wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:01 am
SoldierGriz wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:33 pm

Go Army, beat Navy.

Soldiergriz
Thanks Soldier!

Although I'm an MSU Army ROTC product and served many years with some extremely fine Hudson High officers, my favorite service academy is still the Naval Academy because of Roger Staubach and everything that happened to that 1963 team in Dallas and the subsequent events of the administration that befell this entire country as a direct result of that one event that happened in Dallas on that fateful event in November of 63.

So, that's why an old Army Infantry Officer cheers for the future Marine and Naval Officers in this one game.
Thank you for the post. I forgot to list the Naval Academy produces hundreds of Marine Corps leaders every year.

Inexcusable mistake on my part. Semper Fidelis.

#beatnavy
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

SaskGriz

Post by SaskGriz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:09 am

SoldierGriz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:55 am
SaskGriz wrote:
Thanks SoldierGriz, I've always wondered about that. Makes sense.

BadlandsGrizFan

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am

Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
Montana is no place for the idler, the penniless, the feeble in will or body!

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:31 am

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
I had the honor and great opportunity to spend 3 days/nights on the USS Boise LA-Class fast attack submarine as a VIP a few years back. One of the most memorable events of my life. And I'll say this: 3 days were doable, but as someone else who is a little claustrophobic, I was ready to get the hell off by the time we docked in Florida. I cannot imagine doing some of the lengthy deployments.

There are no days or nights on subs, obviously, so your internal clock gets a little screwy. And there's certainly no privacy. Not everyone is cut out for sub duty, that's for sure.

That said, though, I left that experience with the absolute utmost respect for the men who served on her. Truly America's finest, and I was honored to have spent the time with them.
Booze is the duct tape of life.

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:39 am

I have always liked and tried to watch this game, on tv. I hear that it's an incredible game to see in person.

With my former Army Ranger son, former starting safety nephew at Air Force, and having attended some Air Force games recently, the game was taken on a bit more importance in recent times.

Last year, a photo of my Bozeman nephew and his his school football buddy, at the game and in their full dress unis, was really awesome. They looked so impressive.