The World of Griz Fandom

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
suckit
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by suckit » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Wonder who is on the under card

User avatar
ABQCat
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by ABQCat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 pm

This is how it should be settled. Easy to set up and even easier to make bets. I'm otherwise predisposed in Bozeman on Saturday, but I trust there will be a Periscope or similar link posted.

Image

User avatar
pussycatkillerz
eGriz Club
Posts: 2400
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Great Falls

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by pussycatkillerz » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 am

Make sure you get your snackes and refreshments early and be by the bike racks before the bell.

This should be a good one folks


User avatar
Griz2k
eGriz Club
Posts: 3483
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:28 pm
Location: Missoula
Contact:

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by Griz2k » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:16 am

Do I need a clear plastic bag to attend or will my regular backpack suffice?

User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 20843
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by EverettGriz » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:18 am

Griz2k wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:16 am
Do I need a clear plastic bag to attend or will my regular backpack suffice?
Backpacks are fine for this event, 2k. Snakes are not only welcomed, but encouraged.
Booze is the duct tape of life.

MikeyGriz
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Billings, MT

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by MikeyGriz » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:32 am

My big brother will be there with me just in case.

MontanaJack2006
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by MontanaJack2006 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:41 am

EverettGriz wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:18 am
Griz2k wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:16 am
Do I need a clear plastic bag to attend or will my regular backpack suffice?
Backpacks are fine for this event, 2k. Snakes are not only welcomed, but encouraged.
What is the prefight music selection? Can you leave during the rounds and get back in? Will there be beer available for purchase?

User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 20843
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by EverettGriz » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:26 pm

MontanaJack2006 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:41 am
EverettGriz wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:18 am
Griz2k wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:16 am
Do I need a clear plastic bag to attend or will my regular backpack suffice?
Backpacks are fine for this event, 2k. Snakes are not only welcomed, but encouraged.
What is the prefight music selection? Can you leave during the rounds and get back in? Will there be beer available for purchase?
Word on the street is that the music selection is a closely guarded secret. One could easily presume, however, that the Rocky theme will be in heavy rotation. Regarding your final two questions, regrettably, unlike WaGriz, the fight venue is strictly "no re-entry". However, as the lead sponsor of the event, Boxing Bear Brewery (https://www.boxingbearbrewing.com/) will have plenty of their delicious selections available for purchase.
Booze is the duct tape of life.

Washgrizfan1
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:58 pm

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by Washgrizfan1 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Diesel wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:02 pm
This thread needs to stop. To be a man or to be a human is not proven by who can clean the other’s clock. Animals prove their dominance that way. I enjoy humor and the poking the bear a bit. PR in particular should step up and apologize for crossing the line, no one should ever call another out for a confrontation. Don’t know PR or grizaremoregooder. Differences make us better and when we cross each other, get heated up, but don’t let it go beyond that. This is a public forum. For the sake of being a better man. One or both should clear the air here. Then meet and you never know you guys might even like each other.
Or whatever and let the games continue.
You think this is calling someone out for a confrontation? The quote is pasted below. I don't. This is essentially what you suggested. Getting together to meet, and talk. Most people who talk big on the internet are afraid to say the same things in person and-or don't want people knowing who they are or how unimpressive they are.

"Why don't we meet face to face, and we can see what each other has? I actually can tell you have nothing. I can tell you will be afraid to take the challenge."

Diesel
Posts: 1101
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by Diesel » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm

Washgrizfan1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:35 pm
Diesel wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:02 pm
This thread needs to stop. To be a man or to be a human is not proven by who can clean the other’s clock. Animals prove their dominance that way. I enjoy humor and the poking the bear a bit. PR in particular should step up and apologize for crossing the line, no one should ever call another out for a confrontation. Don’t know PR or grizaremoregooder. Differences make us better and when we cross each other, get heated up, but don’t let it go beyond that. This is a public forum. For the sake of being a better man. One or both should clear the air here. Then meet and you never know you guys might even like each other.
Or whatever and let the games continue.
You think this is calling someone out for a confrontation? The quote is pasted below. I don't. This is essentially what you suggested. Getting together to meet, and talk. Most people who talk big on the internet are afraid to say the same things in person and-or don't want people knowing who they are or how unimpressive they are.

"Why don't we meet face to face, and we can see what each other has? I actually can tell you have nothing. I can tell you will be afraid to take the challenge."
:thumb: PR can clarify what he meant. I'm surprised the two went silent and everyone else has stirred the pot. It is humorous, however younger guys who see these things can view it as a way to win an argument is by force or intimidation and that is not the case or at least not advisable. I agree people are different when there isn't a computer to hide behind. The question I have is: What is the standard for impressive or unimpressive? or Is the person who publicizes their accomplishments better than an average Joe who likes to be more private?

SaskGriz
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by SaskGriz » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Diesel wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm
Washgrizfan1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:35 pm
Diesel wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:02 pm
This thread needs to stop. To be a man or to be a human is not proven by who can clean the other’s clock. Animals prove their dominance that way. I enjoy humor and the poking the bear a bit. PR in particular should step up and apologize for crossing the line, no one should ever call another out for a confrontation. Don’t know PR or grizaremoregooder. Differences make us better and when we cross each other, get heated up, but don’t let it go beyond that. This is a public forum. For the sake of being a better man. One or both should clear the air here. Then meet and you never know you guys might even like each other.
Or whatever and let the games continue.
You think this is calling someone out for a confrontation? The quote is pasted below. I don't. This is essentially what you suggested. Getting together to meet, and talk. Most people who talk big on the internet are afraid to say the same things in person and-or don't want people knowing who they are or how unimpressive they are.

"Why don't we meet face to face, and we can see what each other has? I actually can tell you have nothing. I can tell you will be afraid to take the challenge."
:thumb: PR can clarify what he meant. I'm surprised the two went silent and everyone else has stirred the pot. It is humorous, however younger guys who see these things can view it as a way to win an argument is by force or intimidation and that is not the case or at least not advisable. I agree people are different when there isn't a computer to hide behind. The question I have is: What is the standard for impressive or unimpressive? or Is the person who publicizes their accomplishments better than an average Joe who likes to be more private?
They both whip it out on the footbridge and Impressive is "Damn that water's cold" More impressive is the guy who says "It's deep too"

User avatar
ABQCat
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by ABQCat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:01 pm

EverettGriz wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:18 am
Griz2k wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:16 am
Do I need a clear plastic bag to attend or will my regular backpack suffice?
Backpacks are fine for this event, 2k. Snakes are not only welcomed, but encouraged.
Will there be hotdogs?
Image

User avatar
DuCharme
Posts: 5595
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by DuCharme » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Dick Proenneke is more impressive than Bill Gates will ever be.

grizzpa
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by grizzpa » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:02 pm

This is classic! Meet me behind the gym!

PlayerRep
Posts: 25492
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by PlayerRep » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:02 pm

Diesel wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm
Washgrizfan1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:35 pm
Diesel wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:02 pm
This thread needs to stop. To be a man or to be a human is not proven by who can clean the other’s clock. Animals prove their dominance that way. I enjoy humor and the poking the bear a bit. PR in particular should step up and apologize for crossing the line, no one should ever call another out for a confrontation. Don’t know PR or grizaremoregooder. Differences make us better and when we cross each other, get heated up, but don’t let it go beyond that. This is a public forum. For the sake of being a better man. One or both should clear the air here. Then meet and you never know you guys might even like each other.
Or whatever and let the games continue.
You think this is calling someone out for a confrontation? The quote is pasted below. I don't. This is essentially what you suggested. Getting together to meet, and talk. Most people who talk big on the internet are afraid to say the same things in person and-or don't want people knowing who they are or how unimpressive they are.

"Why don't we meet face to face, and we can see what each other has? I actually can tell you have nothing. I can tell you will be afraid to take the challenge."
:thumb: PR can clarify what he meant. I'm surprised the two went silent and everyone else has stirred the pot. It is humorous, however younger guys who see these things can view it as a way to win an argument is by force or intimidation and that is not the case or at least not advisable. I agree people are different when there isn't a computer to hide behind. The question I have is: What is the standard for impressive or unimpressive? or Is the person who publicizes their accomplishments better than an average Joe who likes to be more private?
My thought is that we'd meet, have a drink and talk. I'd ask if he wants to repeat the crap he said about me. I didn't and don't expect him to accept. I've posted in this thread since the invitation, but he hasn't. No surprise. I've invited Chuck Burton and JD Quinn to be my corner guys.

Diesel
Posts: 1101
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by Diesel » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:32 am

PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:02 pm
Diesel wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm
Washgrizfan1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:35 pm
Diesel wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:02 pm
This thread needs to stop. To be a man or to be a human is not proven by who can clean the other’s clock. Animals prove their dominance that way. I enjoy humor and the poking the bear a bit. PR in particular should step up and apologize for crossing the line, no one should ever call another out for a confrontation. Don’t know PR or grizaremoregooder. Differences make us better and when we cross each other, get heated up, but don’t let it go beyond that. This is a public forum. For the sake of being a better man. One or both should clear the air here. Then meet and you never know you guys might even like each other.
Or whatever and let the games continue.
You think this is calling someone out for a confrontation? The quote is pasted below. I don't. This is essentially what you suggested. Getting together to meet, and talk. Most people who talk big on the internet are afraid to say the same things in person and-or don't want people knowing who they are or how unimpressive they are.

"Why don't we meet face to face, and we can see what each other has? I actually can tell you have nothing. I can tell you will be afraid to take the challenge."
:thumb: PR can clarify what he meant. I'm surprised the two went silent and everyone else has stirred the pot. It is humorous, however younger guys who see these things can view it as a way to win an argument is by force or intimidation and that is not the case or at least not advisable. I agree people are different when there isn't a computer to hide behind. The question I have is: What is the standard for impressive or unimpressive? or Is the person who publicizes their accomplishments better than an average Joe who likes to be more private?
My thought is that we'd meet, have a drink and talk. I'd ask if he wants to repeat the crap he said about me. I didn't and don't expect him to accept. I've posted in this thread since the invitation, but he hasn't. No surprise. I've invited Chuck Burton and JD Quinn to be my corner guys.
I respect where you are coming from PR, I was born and raised in eastern Montana and that’s how we settled things with the exception my father taught us if we got ourselves in a situation we got out of it ourselves no need to hide behind others.
The only reason I thought it might be a good reason for you to apologize is you called someone out who didn’t agree with you. As a better man, you could cool a heated situation even when the other party isn’t deserving.
It’s better to respectfully agree to disagree then go down the road of personal attacks or try to degrade the person you don’t agree with. You may feel you were disrespected and that could be the case.
Anyway, hope you guys do meet up, some of the people I couldn’t stand became good friends once I got to know them. Have fun, it’s great to have football in Missoula in December.

PlayerRep
Posts: 25492
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by PlayerRep » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:28 am

Diesel wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:32 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:02 pm
Diesel wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm
Washgrizfan1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:35 pm


You think this is calling someone out for a confrontation? The quote is pasted below. I don't. This is essentially what you suggested. Getting together to meet, and talk. Most people who talk big on the internet are afraid to say the same things in person and-or don't want people knowing who they are or how unimpressive they are.

"Why don't we meet face to face, and we can see what each other has? I actually can tell you have nothing. I can tell you will be afraid to take the challenge."
:thumb: PR can clarify what he meant. I'm surprised the two went silent and everyone else has stirred the pot. It is humorous, however younger guys who see these things can view it as a way to win an argument is by force or intimidation and that is not the case or at least not advisable. I agree people are different when there isn't a computer to hide behind. The question I have is: What is the standard for impressive or unimpressive? or Is the person who publicizes their accomplishments better than an average Joe who likes to be more private?
My thought is that we'd meet, have a drink and talk. I'd ask if he wants to repeat the crap he said about me. I didn't and don't expect him to accept. I've posted in this thread since the invitation, but he hasn't. No surprise. I've invited Chuck Burton and JD Quinn to be my corner guys.
I respect where you are coming from PR, I was born and raised in eastern Montana and that’s how we settled things with the exception my father taught us if we got ourselves in a situation we got out of it ourselves no need to hide behind others.
The only reason I thought it might be a good reason for you to apologize is you called someone out who didn’t agree with you. As a better man, you could cool a heated situation even when the other party isn’t deserving.
It’s better to respectfully agree to disagree then go down the road of personal attacks or try to degrade the person you don’t agree with. You may feel you were disrespected and that could be the case.
Anyway, hope you guys do meet up, some of the people I couldn’t stand became good friends once I got to know them. Have fun, it’s great to have football in Missoula in December.
I didn't call anyone out. And look at at all the crap he was saying. He's the one who should apologize. I lived in eastern MT before you were born.

Diesel
Posts: 1101
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by Diesel » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:07 am

Thanks for the clarification PR.

MikeyGriz
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Billings, MT

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by MikeyGriz » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:23 pm

So who won? I didn't see anything in the Missoulian.

grizzpa
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: The World of Griz Fandom

Post by grizzpa » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:48 am

Did either combatant show up? When I walked by, it was business as usual. I was going to ask for a refund or talk to my lawyer about false advertising....

Post Reply