• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rivalry Too Intense

Which coach? One that says

“I wished there were 5 quarters so we could beat them some more!”
or
“The rivalry is to intense and isn’t much fun anymore!”

nzone said:

or

You hit it on the head. I hope someone shows him the difference between the two statements.

trendlauncher said:
Still can't believe Hauck said the rivalry was too intense. His message was carried by his team today.

Not going to elaborate, but statement was related to 2017 protest not to rehire him. Some behind the scenes pressure.

If there was behind the scenes pressure for him to make the statement, the pressure was ill advised.

Spanky2 said:
If there was behind the scenes pressure for him to make the statement, the pressure was ill advised.

I can't imagine he got any pressure on this. I also subscribe to the view that he was spoofing the reporter. I will ask him when I next run into him.

trendlauncher said:
nzone said:

or

You hit it on the head. I hope someone shows him the difference between the two statements.

The difference is when the 1st statement was made, we had the ability to embarrass them. When the 2nd was made, they had the ability to embarrass us.

I don't believe Bobby believes the rivalry is too intense. I don't believe he told his team to believe this, and I don't believe Egrizzers believe it. Non believer here. I do believe he had pressure to back off the rhetoric from the ghosts of Bobby's past. I do believe that no fan of the Cats really cares about this statement, because none of us are buying, uh, believing it. If you were at the game or watching it on Root, the entire stadium singing ESG-GCG at the top of their collective lungs tells you everything you need to know about what Bobby says.

Back