• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sterk Stats - Conference Only Stats

PlayerRep

2.5 sacks in conference play. Tied for 17th.

Not in top 20 in conference TFL.

Not in top 50 in tackles. UM has 3 in the top 6.

This guy is the best no. 37? This guy is defensive MVP? I don't think so.

“Sterk Stats” sounds like a future blog written by a (by then) former BSC player.

Agree on all points.

Sterk stats. All games. 51 tackles, 37 solo, 15 tfl , 11 sacks,
Against Texas tech. He went for 6 tackles, 5 solo, 1 tfl and 1 sack
Sims in all games 40 tackles, 13 solo, 4 tfl and 2 sacks
Against Oregon he went for 3 tackles 2 solo I sacks and o tfl.
I know there's more than just numbers that justify awards , but that's what the o.p. pointed out.
I Definitely think sterk has a career at some level in pro football.

braves84 said:
I know there's more than just numbers that justify awards , but that's what the o.p. pointed out.

This is not an apples to apples comparison. Jesse is playing as an interior D-lineman. He does an exceptional job of taking on multiple blockers and occasionally gets after the qb. Sterk is an edge rusher. He gets to pin his ears back most of the game. Jesse’s play has been really good for well over a month at the same time Sterk has been struggling for some reason.

go96griz said:
braves84 said:

This is not an apples to apples comparison. Jesse is playing as an interior D-lineman. He does an exceptional job of taking on multiple blockers and occasionally gets after the qb. Sterk is an edge rusher. He gets to pin his ears back most of the game. Jesse’s play has been really good for well over a month at the same time Sterk has been struggling for some reason.

And, Oregon >>>>>> Texas Tech

I guess we’ll see tomorrow when Davis plays msu. Prolific passing offense which doesn’t give up many sacks with everything on the line.

Go Griz!

What is a Sterk? Some kind of dance? No, don't answer that. The only 37 the Scats will need to worry about is the 37 point win the Griz are going to hang on them in the upcoming Brawl.

Grisly Fan said:
What is a Sterk? Some kind of dance? No, don't answer that. The only 37 the Scats will need to worry about is the 37 point win the Griz are going to hang on them in the upcoming Brawl.

This is the Sterk dance, I believe.

https://blacksportsonline.com/2015/12/rate-this-si-swimsuit-model-christmas-twerking-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QryoOF5jEbc

Not to be confused with the pre-Sterk, Dougie.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxrazf

PR, you really shouldn't leave your eGriz password on a post-it on your desk. Someone got a hold of it again.

What's up with Sterk? He's listed as starting against Davis, but registered no stats.

https://msubobcats.com/sports/football/stats/2019/uc-davis/boxscore/4867

Unless there is some glitch in the Bobcat stats in their Box Score for the Davis game, in conference play, 7 games, Sterk has 2.5 sacks. 3.5 TFLs and 22 tackles, or 3 per game. That's about Honorable Mention all-conference production, but perhaps he has first-team non-conference production.

From Brint's scouting report:

"#37 Bryce Sterk, Edge: While it’s been pointed out his in-conference stats aren’t as flashy, the guy is still one of the most disruptive pass rushers in the conference. He’s 3rd best on the team with 51 tackles, he has 15 TFLs and 11 sacks."

[media] https://twitter.com/406mtsports/status/1196106982496845824?s=21[/media]

Sims saved his best for his senior season. The run defense is as good as it is because the d-line, anchored by Sims (not a bridge abutment) absorbs the blocks and makes plays sideline-to-sideline. Olson, Lewis & Hauck are great because guys like Jesse do the hard lifting. #best37. And it isn’t close.

PlayerRep said:

Solid game for sterk today. I think he had 3 sacks. Looks like he’s getting back healthy.

wbtfg said:
PlayerRep said:

Solid game for sterk today. I think he had 3 sacks. Looks like he’s getting back healthy.

He looked good. The whole cat D-Line looked good in kicking our ass, actually.

PlayerRep said:
Unless there is some glitch in the Bobcat stats in their Box Score for the Davis game, in conference play, 7 games, Sterk has 2.5 sacks. 3.5 TFLs and 22 tackles, or 3 per game. That's about Honorable Mention all-conference production, but perhaps he has first-team non-conference production.

"#37 Bryce Sterk, Edge: While it’s been pointed out his in-conference stats aren’t as flashy, the guy is still one of the most disruptive pass rushers in the conference. He’s 3rd best on the team with 51 tackles, he has 15 TFLs and 11 sacks."

Unless there’s some glitch in the Bobcat stats, Sterk had more sacks than Sims had total tackles on Saturday.

CatzWillRise said:
PlayerRep said:

Unless there’s some glitch in the Bobcat stats, Sterk had more sacks than Sims had total tackles on Saturday.

Sterk's resume for defensive mvp: not in top 25 in tackles, 25th in TFL, and 5th in sacks. conf stats.

Back