• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS STATS Poll (Oct 14) - Griz #5

IdaGriz01

The pollsters nudged the Griz one higher than I expected. Kitties drop to #12, one spot below what I thought.

Rank, School (Record), Votes {First Place}, [Prev]
1 North Dakota State (6-0) 3923 {155} [1]
2 James Madison (6-1) 3740 {2) [2]
3 South Dakota State (5-1) 3612 [3]
4 Weber State (4-2) 3363 [4]
5 Montana (5-1) 3107 [8]
6 Kennesaw State (5-1) 3022 [7]
7 Villanova (6-1) 2968 [5]
8 Furman (4-2) 2703 [11]
9 Nicholls (4-2) 2653 [12]
10 North Carolina A&T (4-1) 2292 [13]
11 Illinois State (4-2) 2218 [14]
12 Montana State (5-2) 2125 [6]
13 Central Arkansas (4-2) 1849 [16]
14 UNI (3-3) 1814 [10]
15 Sacramento State (4-2) 1677 [NR]
16 Jacksonville State (5-2) 1585 [17]
17 Princeton (4-0) 1301 [21]
18 Towson (3-3) 1077 [9]
19 Youngstown State (4-2) 1012 [19]
20 Austin Peay (4-2) 869 [NR]
21 Dartmouth (4-0) 717 [NR]
22 New Hampshire (4-2) 713 [NR]
23 UC Davis (3-4) 509 [24]
24 Delaware (3-3) 403 [15]
25 Central Connecticut State (5-1) 274 [NR]

Others: UT Martin (199), Stony Brook (193), Southeast Missouri State (184), Alcorn State (119), UIW (92), Maine (87), Wofford (83), Elon (80), Eastern Washington (74), Florida A&M (71), Southeastern Louisiana (54), Sam Houston State (51), Albany (42), South Carolina State (40), Yale (37), Idaho State (19), Lamar (15), Richmond (13), Harvard (12), Monmouth (8), Bethune-Cookman (6), North Dakota (5), VMI (4), Portland State (3), Campbell (3), Dayton (2), Duquesne (1), Murray State (1), South Dakota (1)

STATS was waiting to make sure The Official Poll looks like the teasers put out overnight before they will post their official table. A tale as old as time.

And in very predictable fashion the voters keep Sacramento state behind the cats even though SS just manhandled them on every level

Da Boyz Mom said:
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20191014124750141615804

There's the link to the article
Thanks. They got the table up pretty quick, so I was getting that ready.

Really glad that they put the 5-1 Griz above the 5-1 Kennesaw State ... given what we know about the K-State schedule.

IdaGriz01 said:
Really glad that they put the 5-1 Griz above the 5-1 Kennesaw State ... given what we know about the K-State schedule.

I was about to post the exact same thing. I sure think Villanova has a case to be ranked higher than Kennesaw as well.

Da Boyz Mom said:
IdaGriz01 said:

I was about to post the exact same thing. I sure think Villanova has a case to be ranked higher than Kennesaw as well.

I think Villanova should definitely be ranked higher than Kennesaw State.

CDAGRIZ said:
STATS was waiting to make sure The Official Poll looks like the teasers put out overnight before they will post their official table. A tale as old as time.

I know we often joke but this secondary poll looks more and more like The Official Poll every week. The least they could do is mention us in their article if they're going to copy our work

At the start of the season, EWU #4, Davis #5, Weber #8 and Pity Kitties #14, were all ahead of the Griz #25 in this poll. Only Weber is ahead of us now, and based on what I saw this weekend, I don't expect that to last. Definitely going the right direction. Now if we can just take care of Sac State this weekend.

Considering what a mess was left after Saturday, I did way better than I expected with my guesses. But then I was expecting a totally wipeout, and got nine on the nose and all but six within a couple spots.

Some interesting takeaways, however. As some predicted, the pollsters didn’t drop Villanova quite as much as I did … although I was only off by two spots. On the flip side, they were more positive -- also by two spots -- about Sac State. You don’t often see a team go from unranked all the way up to #15.

On the other hand, I was somewhat surprised by how much they crushed Towson. I had them down a “normal” six spots (lost to an unranked) and voters slammed them down by nine. Ouch!

Still, one of my “on the nose” picks was the spot for Northern Iowa. Seems like I’m getting a better handle on how the pollsters “relate” to UNI.

I knew it was chancy for Stony Brook to hang on at the bottom … and they didn’t. So a total of five teams dropped out of the top-25. I got the other four right, and even managed to pick their “replacements” correctly. And, amazingly enough, slotted two of those -- Austin Peay and New Hampshire -- right on the nose. I put Dartmouth in correctly, but the pollsters were not as “nice” as I was … missed that by three.

I also missed by three on Delaware, much like I did on Towson. I had them down by six and the pollsters pounded them down by nine. Might have to tinker with my rules when it comes to losses within the CAA.

fltheadgriz said:
Wow...Sac St. jumped up 11 slots...impressive
Indeed it was. The jump for New Hampshire was even more impressive. In last week's poll, they received just 24 points, placing them at #36. This week they got 713 points (almost 30 times as many) to rank them #22.

If we perform like the Cats did this week against' Sac State we too will be back around #18.

reinell30 said:
If we perform like the Cats did this week against' Sac State we too will be back around #18.
Not possible.

So we beatdown ISU and are unchanged. Bye week and we move up 3 slots.

fltheadgriz said:
Wow...Sac St. jumped up 11 slots...impressive

Oh, I don't know. Judging by comments on Bobcatnation, Sac State should have displaced NDSU at #1.

This "Coaches poll" still has Kennesaw at #4.

Coaches at Kennesaw that love them beating two NAIA teams?

That's all I can figure...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/20/week/8/year/2019/seasontype/2

ida....a question for the wizard of poll ratings......in your opinion, with the exception of the kitties,,,which team is the most over rated regardless of where they are in the current poll ?

krammer said:
ida....a question for the wizard of poll ratings......in your opinion, with the exception of the kitties,,,which team is the most over rated regardless of where they are in the current poll ?
Two or three decent candidates. But Kennesaw State wins hands down, IMO. Not that they don't deserve to be ranked ... that 3-1 (D-I) record has to count for something. But them being in the top-10 tells you just how lazy/ill-informed the pollsters are.

I might be willing to slot them in somewhere around 18-22. I believe we have their game against Charleston Southern recorded. Haven't actually watched it. I might change my mind if we do look in on it ... but Chas Southern is total crap (1-5), so I doubt it. :)

Back