• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Loss of Faith

Bozo JrCollegeofAG

It took one game for many bozeman state faithful to lose faith in Choach.
http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=48011

Being unable to recruit or coach the QB position and his over-caffeinated used car salesman persona is killing the faith...

The bobcat fans did I nice job on their full dress rehearsal for the biannual "Trail of Tears" Pageant today..... they looked pretty good

That team looked really disjointed yesterday. I'd lay that on leadership. Coaching and/or not developing a qb, which goes back to coaching.

As the Cat's Big Brother, and for the honor of all Montanans, we will have to avenge this loss by our little brother next weekend. And we will.

Thomson is a darned good QB! Quick release, good vision, pretty fleet-a-foot! Gonna have a tougher time against the Griz D! Plus he won't get as many opportunities on the field!

rocklobster said:
Thomson is a darned good QB! Quick release, good vision, pretty fleet-a-foot! Gonna have a tougher time against the Griz D! Plus he won't get as many opportunities on the field!

^ this !!!

And Thomson did that against a good MSU defense. Thomson is an extremely good QB and leader. A Drew Brees-like leader. The young Griz D will have to play a complete game to slow Sac State down.

Or have R. Hauck hit him hard and see if the Sac State QB will be like the UCD QB and drop the ball when it is hiked to him?

Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:

Being unable to recruit or coach the QB position and his over-caffeinated used car salesman persona is killing the faith...

Some of the QB apologists are coming around lately, but some are still holding on to hope that someone can magically find a game, it's so obvious from the outside looking in but I guess they really have to play the hand they're dealt at this point. They should be upset at Choate about this QB situation, he hasn't solved it in 4 years.

jodcon said:
Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:

Some of the QB apologists are coming around lately, but some are still holding on to hope that someone can magically find a game, it's so obvious from the outside looking in but I guess they really have to play the hand they're dealt at this point. They should be upset at Choate about this QB situation, he hasn't solved it in 4 years.
I heard that Bauman will be putting up Payton-like numbers by the end of the season... Have faith Bobcats!

Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:

The Cats have Tommy Mellot coming in as the QB of the future. Mellott is very very fast and very smart. He has a good arm. He can run and throw.

Either 1) Choate better get a OC that likes to throw a lot more, and in a couple years they will be set. 2) puts Tommy at LB which case he should de comitt now and avoid the seasons of misery or 3) Choate wastes Mellott somewhere else, in which case the cats will be without him at QB when he matures (see 2).

Buttegrizzle said:
Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:

The Cats have Tommy Mellot coming in as the QB of the future. Mellott is very very fast and very smart. He has a good arm. He can run and throw.

Either 1) Choate better get a OC that likes to throw a lot more, and in a couple years they will be set. 2) puts Tommy at LB which case he should de comitt now and avoid the seasons of misery or 3) Choate wastes Mellott somewhere else, in which case the cats will be without him at QB when he matures (see 2).

On ESPN Tootell and Nuanez last week they talked about Mellott. He is apparently slated to play safety rather than QB.

I simply do not understand how you can be a head coach for 4 years and not have a legitimate DI QB on your roster.

EverettGriz said:
I simply do not understand how you can be a head coach for 4 years and not have a legitimate DI QB on your roster.

Trust the system bro

go96griz said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:

On ESPN Tootell and Nuanez last week they talked about Mellott. He is apparently slated to play safety rather than QB.

The most ignorant thing I’ve ever heard. Tommy spent 4 years becoming a preminent QB in high school. Yes he once played some in the secondary too, but really? That’s like using your McClaren to tow a Uhaul. And this, my Grizzly brethren, is why the Griz will dominate the Cat henceforth.

EverettGriz said:
jodcon said:
EverettGriz said:

Trust the system bro

Sorry Jod. You're absolutely right. It's just...hard, you know?

Took me some time to see the light too, the W/L% and contract extensions don't lie.

So, does Choate really not have a DI level QB? Or do they just lack the coaching to develop these QBs into legit DI players?

PeauxRouge said:
So, does Choate really not have a DI level QB? Or do they just lack the coaching to develop these QBs into legit DI players?

Can't really assess the QB coaching, but none of them can throw a decent ball consistently so I have to assume that either a) they are misjudging the QB's they are recruiting on their ability to beat defenses through the air at this level or b) they are putting too much stock on the QB's they are recruiting running ability and compromising their passing game.

Whatever the reason it ain't working.

Back