• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Standings and playoff talk

Paytonlives

Staff member
Yes its a long time until the playoffs start. But some teams are already out of it.

SCHOOL CONF OVERALL
Montana 2-0 (5-1)
Sacramento State 2-0 (4-2)
Weber State 2-0 (4-2)
Montana State 2-1 (5-2)
Portland State 2-1 (4-3)
Idaho State 2-1 (3-3)
Northern Arizona 1-1 (3-3)

Almost have to run the table
Eastern Washington 2-1 (3-4)
UC Davis 1-2 (3-4)
Cal Poly 1-2 (2-4)

Already gone
Northern Colorado 1-2 (1-6)
Southern Utah 0-3 (1-6)
Idaho 0-3 (2-5)

Griz have:

Sac State (Away)
EWU (Home)
PSU (Away)
Idaho (Home)
Weber (Home)
Kittens (Away)

Not an easy task...

Paytonlives said:
Griz have:

Sac State (Away)
EWU (Home)
PSU (Away)
Idaho (Home)
Weber (Home)
Kittens (Away)

Not an easy task...

Definitely going to be tough, but from what I’ve seen, every one of those games is winnable. Win out, and we likely are looking at one of the top 4 seeds.

Hope we hang 70 on EWU they are classless, watched part of the UNC game today they sure were proud of beating up the lowly Bears.

get'em_griz said:
Paytonlives said:
Griz have:

Sac State (Away)
EWU (Home)
PSU (Away)
Idaho (Home)
Weber (Home)
Kittens (Away)

Not an easy task...

Definitely going to be tough, but from what I’ve seen, every one of those games is winnable. Win out, and we likely are looking at one of the top 4 seeds.

If we win out (and that’s a GIGANTIC “if”), we’ll be the 2 seed at a minimum. Guaranteed. We would be 11-0 against FCS competition .

Interestingly, if you took Idaho out of that list, I think the games get progressively easier each week.

Keep in mind EWU is fighting for their playoff life. One of their wins is a D2 win. So even at 8-4 if they run table, they only have 7 D1 wins. Would be interesting to see what committee would do. One could argue they’d be awfully hot winning 6 straight.

Diesel said:
Hope we hang 70 on EWU they are classless, watched part of the UNC game today they sure were proud of beating up the lowly Bears.
NCU is truly crappy. It was really painful to watch them blunder about. If they had fans they would really be pissed. A bear may shit in the woods but they also shit on ass-ugly red turf.

HookedonGriz said:
Keep in mind EWU is fighting for their playoff life. One of their wins is a D2 win. So even at 8-4 if they run table, they only have 7 D1 wins. Would be interesting to see what committee would do. One could argue they’d be awfully hot winning 6 straight.

And they’d be 7-1 in conference. I think they’re in (and might even be conference champs at that)...

Weber has a gauntlet also...

VS NORTHERN ARIZONA
AT UC DAVIS
AT SACRAMENTO STATE
VS NORTH DAKOTA
AT MONTANA
VS IDAHO STATE

Paytonlives said:

VS NORTHERN ARIZONA
AT UC DAVIS
AT SACRAMENTO STATE
VS NORTH DAKOTA
AT MONTANA
VS IDAHO STATE

I think the Bengals could give Weber a real run, and maybe even win it.

AZGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:
Paytonlives said:
Griz have:

Sac State (Away)
EWU (Home)
PSU (Away)
Idaho (Home)
Weber (Home)
Kittens (Away)

Not an easy task...

If we win out (and that’s a GIGANTIC “if”), we’ll be the 2 seed at a minimum. Guaranteed. We would be 11-0 against FCS competition .

Not so if JMU and NDSU also win out. They have had better recent success.

fencer24 said:
Paytonlives said:

VS NORTHERN ARIZONA
AT UC DAVIS
AT SACRAMENTO STATE
VS NORTH DAKOTA
AT MONTANA
VS IDAHO STATE

I think the Bengals could give Weber a real run, and maybe even win it.
TV stat Weber has won 20 of their last 23 home games. ND at home should be a even match up, NAU should be a win, and have to agree ISU may win that one. The away portion is brutal. They may drop three games from here on out.

ordigger said:
AZGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:
Paytonlives said:
Griz have:

Sac State (Away)
EWU (Home)
PSU (Away)
Idaho (Home)
Weber (Home)
Kittens (Away)

Not an easy task...

Not so if JMU and NDSU also win out. They have had better recent success.

JMU almost certainly will win out. Only one difficult game left on their schedule.
NDSU has @SDSU and @ YSU back to back left on their schedule. I think they get tripped up on one of those.

Idaho State also needs to almost win out to have any shot, scheduling a D2 opponent and 2 FBS teams once again is going to hurt them, they have:

-@ Idaho
-@ SUU
-VS Northern Colorado
-VS Eastern Washington
-@ BYU
-@ Weber State

Their next three games are winnable however they will have to go 2-1 at the end of the season to have any real playoff consideration. If they win out minus BYU they will be 7-2 vs FCS.

It's nice holding the keys to a non-shared Bigsky title.
The Bigsky standings look oddly similar to last time Hauck was here. :coffee:

Back