• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

5 things to do during a bye week

RayWill

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1404961-5-things-to-do-when-your-team-is-on-bye-week#slide0

Here are five things you could do to get through your favorite team's bye week.

5. Sleep in
Waking up before noon is overrated. What's the point in waking up...

There isn't one.

Go ahead and get some beauty rest. You know that you need it. Your team is probably catching up on some sleep too. Either that, or they are bench-pressing the equivalent weight of you on a bed. Just go ahead and assume that they are doing the former.

If your team stinks, maybe you will have a rather pleasant dream about them winning a game, or even making the playoffs! Make that dream last a little longer, and keep sleeping.

4. Root Against That Team You Hate

If you still decide that it will be worth your time to watch some football, find that team that you really hate and root against them!

3. Go Outside
3 OF 5
I know this sounds frightening to many football fans, but don't worry! It turns out there are actually things you can do that don't involve football.

Here's a list of some things I learned you can do when you go outside....
Exercise
Run errands
Attend church
Take your kids to the park
And more!
It may take a while for you to build up the courage to go outside, so take baby steps. You can start by opening up your blinds. Next, you can open your window. Once you've built up the strength, go ahead and try to get out into the world.

2. Watch a Different Sport

While this idea may sound blasphemous, it's an option if you are clearly too depressed to watch football.

If you live in an area where there is an NBA team, you could see how they are doing at this point in the season. If they are looking good, maybe you could even watch the game. If they are on the same level as, for example, the Bobcats, maybe you should look elsewhere.

If the NBA isn't your cup of tea, I think there is soccer going. I'm not 100 percent sure, but it seems like there is always a soccer game on. Who knows? Maybe you will learn the name of a soccer player that isn't David Villa or Ronaldo.

If that doesn't work either, there is always hockey...

1. Write an Article About Bye Weeks

I know the feeling. You wake up, excited for your team to play. Then you remember that it's their bye week. So you sit there, watching some boring game. You realize that you can't stand the boredom, and decide to start writing about bye weeks.

If you do this, maybe next week will come sooner. Then again, maybe not.

RayWill said:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1404961-5-things-to-do-when-your-team-is-on-bye-week#slide0

Here are five things you could do to get through your favorite team's bye week.

5. Sleep in
Waking up before noon is overrated. What's the point in waking up...

There isn't one.

Go ahead and get some beauty rest. You know that you need it. Your team is probably catching up on some sleep too. Either that, or they are bench-pressing the equivalent weight of you on a bed. Just go ahead and assume that they are doing the former.

If your team stinks, maybe you will have a rather pleasant dream about them winning a game, or even making the playoffs! Make that dream last a little longer, and keep sleeping.

4. Root Against That Team You Hate

If you still decide that it will be worth your time to watch some football, find that team that you really hate and root against them!

3. Go Outside
3 OF 5
I know this sounds frightening to many football fans, but don't worry! It turns out there are actually things you can do that don't involve football.

Here's a list of some things I learned you can do when you go outside....
Exercise
Run errands
Attend church
Take your kids to the park
And more!
It may take a while for you to build up the courage to go outside, so take baby steps. You can start by opening up your blinds. Next, you can open your window. Once you've built up the strength, go ahead and try to get out into the world.

2. Watch a Different Sport

While this idea may sound blasphemous, it's an option if you are clearly too depressed to watch football.

If you live in an area where there is an NBA team, you could see how they are doing at this point in the season. If they are looking good, maybe you could even watch the game. If they are on the same level as, for example, the Bobcats, maybe you should look elsewhere.

If the NBA isn't your cup of tea, I think there is soccer going. I'm not 100 percent sure, but it seems like there is always a soccer game on. Who knows? Maybe you will learn the name of a soccer player that isn't David Villa or Ronaldo.

If that doesn't work either, there is always hockey...

1. Write an Article About Bye Weeks

I know the feeling. You wake up, excited for your team to play. Then you remember that it's their bye week. So you sit there, watching some boring game. You realize that you can't stand the boredom, and decide to start writing about bye weeks.

If you do this, maybe next week will come sooner. Then again, maybe not.
MLB playoffs trump everything you have posted.

Go to Houston, watch Astros VS Yankees, PGA tour (Houston Open) and then on Saturday, drive 2 hours and watch UT VS. OU... Perfect weekend. (If my CATS weren't playing this weekend that would be what I would do)

goatcreekgriz said:
Dropkick Murphys in Vegas.

"Face down in the gutter, won't admit defeat
Though his clothes are soiled and black
He's a big, strong man with a child's mind
Don't you take his booze away"

Mow the yard for the last time maybe depending on snow...

Damn bye week for the entire EPL also... No sports on all weekend because I'll never watch an independent kitty game.

Guess it's Missoula Cops on Live PD.

My brother and sister in law already have my weekend booked doing house chores for ourselves and relatives. I plan to get another round of golf in, weather permitting.

The method in our madness!

Every week, we record a s**t-load of football games ... especially FCS games when we can get them. (This is how I end up doing that DirecTV channels posting.) That allows us to spread them out over the rest of the week. Sure, we usually know the final score, but it's still fun to watch the great games.

It also means we can calmly and "objectively" study those other FCS teams. That's something that would help some people on eGriz who have delusions about the talent level around the rest of FCS ... neither as high as some people seem to think, nor as crappy as others opine.

But mainly, it gives us a "fix" on college football ... which will help during this bye week. :)

Back