• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Flowers or Sulser?

mtgrizrule

What a decision teams have in kicking off to the GRIZ?
Flowers continues to be the return man teams choose to kick to, yet he makes teams regret it every time. I know Sulser is a big play threat too, but why do teams choose to kicking to Flowers, and not Sulser all the time? Who will be the team to challenge Sulser, instead of Flowers?
Coaches with a great kicker to kick deep into, or through the endzone certainly better do just that.

Granted, I hate seeing our defense give up TD's, but I do love watching these 2 return kicks. I know the GRIZ have a chance to score when teams kick to either. Hauck's return to the GRIZ is just what our returners needed. Who will replace JLM in punt returns, after this season?

Better yet, Sulser and Flowers still have 2 more seasons as GRIZ! Enjoy them while we can! :thumb:

My guess is they didn't want too and were trying to get it at least to the endzone. Most kickers use their right leg and it would naturally go to Flowers. If they tried to go the other way it has a good chance of going out of bounce and a flag. Later in the game when they kicked short they were hoping the upper guys would muff them. And on that note how cool was it the tight ends had those touchdowns and fielded kickoffs the way the did.

Oregon fans sitting around me last week could not BELIEVE the team speed we had. Flowers. Sulser. JLM. McGinnis. Olson. The list goes on. They were very impressed overall....

AZGrizFan said:
Oregon fans sitting around me last week could not BELIEVE the team speed we had. Flowers. Sulser. JLM. McGinnis. Olson. The list goes on. They were very impressed overall....

Saw where Griz had more yards against Oregon than Stanford did.

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Saw where Griz had more yards against Oregon than Stanford did.
Figured Hooked had checked out the numbers ... but I just had to see the details.

Stanford vs Oregon: 114 rush + 120 pass = 234 yards total.
Stanford did manage to score two field goals.

Griz vs Oregon: 8 rush + 234 pass = 242 yards
So the Griz had no running game and only managed one FG. ;)

Man i love Flowers. No dancing around. Just hits the hole hard. Disciplined following his blocks, great vision, high football IQ and then when he finds a little daylight nobodies catching him. Reminds me a lot of Mariani as KO return guy.

Just an observation, Sulser seems to go down easily on first contact. I wonder what his YAC is?

go4two said:
Just an observation, Sulser seems to go down easily on first contact. I wonder what his YAC is?

Just an observation on your observation. Sulser weighs about 160, soaking wet. Most guys that size go down on first contact, the trick is getting that contact. Neither you nor I could lay a glove on Sulser if he had to run past us in a phone booth. He'll be fine, his first touch in the NCAA was about 65 yards of YAC.

The answer to this question is :

giphy.gif

SaskGriz said:
go4two said:

Just an observation on your observation. Sulser weighs about 160, soaking wet. Most guys that size go down on first contact, the trick is getting that contact. Neither you nor I could lay a glove on Sulser if he had to run past us in a phone booth. He'll be fine, his first touch in the NCAA was about 65 yards of YAC.

Your comments remind me of Shlong Baker... Ya he thought it was funny
Dude got knocked down by an ankle 10 times in his career that would have gone the distance on returns

Paytonlives said:
SaskGriz said:
go4two said:

Dude got knocked down by an ankle 10 times in his career that would have gone the distance on returns

And Baker turned out okay, CFL Rookie of the Year as I recall.

Paytonlives said:
SaskGriz said:
go4two said:

Interesting first name; given or changed later?

SaskGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
SaskGriz said:
go4two said:

And Baker turned out okay, CFL Rookie of the Year as I recall.

Shalon Baker perhaps. :lol:

Coach Hauck said on the post game that they had a KR set up for the give up pooch that Monmouth kept running but Gabe didn't call of Bingham on the 35-40 yard line, or he was gone. No foul, just a young kid deferring to a Senior as you would think would happen.

SaskGriz said:
go4two said:

JLM doesn’t seem to have that problem. Anyways, yards after catch is what I was referring to, not yards after contact. On Sulser’s first touch, don’t think that counts as nobody touched him anyways and it wasn’t a catch.

Seems like you got a bit upset with my observation?

Back