• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

kittens might have found their qb

retiredpopo

decent stats. Of course not sure how good or bad the team they were playing was. I am guessing 0-3 not very good....

retiredpopo said:
decent stats. Of course not sure how good or bad the team they were playing was. I am guessing 0-3 not very good....

Last winning season was in 2011, when they won the meac, since ‘11 they average 4 wins per year.

Griztrain said:
retiredpopo said:

Last winning season was in 2011, when they won the meac, since ‘11 they average 4 wins per year.

Norfolk defense was pretty bad, but Rovig’s timing and accuracy was MUCH better than what bauman has displayed this far.

wbtfg said:
Griztrain said:
retiredpopo said:

Norfolk defense was pretty bad, but Rovig’s timing and accuracy was MUCH better than what bauman has displayed this far.
Given your assessment of the Norfolk D, I wonder if Bauman would have been just as good today.

Do not think there was much of a difference between Norfolk and Monumoth. Norfolk came in with an excellent pass defense. Rovig did a nice job against it. Cats run game just all out shredded their defense. The Cats had 3 running backs over 100 yds. That is without Anderson and Ifanse. Rovig looked very good. First time in two years I have seen that. Bryce Sterk on defense was a complete beast. Looking good going into conference play against NAU.

bigsky33 said:
Do not think there was much of a difference between Norfolk and Monumoth. Norfolk came in with an excellent pass defense. Rovig did a nice job against it. Cats run game just all out shredded their defense. The Cats had 3 running backs over 100 yds. That is without Anderson and Ifanse. Rovig looked very good. First time in two years I have seen that. Looking good going into conference play against NAU.
:lol:

grizfnz said:
wbtfg said:
Griztrain said:
retiredpopo said:

Given your assessment of the Norfolk D, I wonder if Bauman would have been just as good today.

Possibly, but bauman had a ton of unforced errors that had nothing to do with the defense.

Bauman’s deal was accuracy. He’d have a wide open easy 5 yard pass and it would sail right/left/ high/low.

We have been winning in the trenches. Down to our 3rd and 4th string running back. Missing Anderson, two starting db’s. Will need everybody for conference play.

We don’t need great Qb play we have to have some production.

Playing kind of sloppy right now.

Griz are playing well and should push for conference championship this year.

bpcats said:
We have been winning in the trenches. Down to our 3rd and 4th string running back. Missing Anderson, two starting db’s. Will need everybody for conference play.

What happened to the MT RB that was a beast to bring down (Not Anderson)...

I’m having trouble keeping up. There was a kid who flunked out, then, a LB, then, a Rovig kid who would’ve started last year, then, a five-QB system, then, a Joe Flacco clone, and now the guy who would’ve started last year because of a performance at home against a zero win team? Is that right?

CDAGRIZ said:
I’m having trouble keeping up. There was a kid who flunked out, then, a LB, then, a Rovig kid who would’ve started last year, then, a five-QB system, then, a Joe Flacco clone, and now the guy who would’ve started last year because of a performance at home against a zero win team? Is that right?

Chotes plan all along.

AZGrizFan said:
bpcats said:

What happened to the MT RB that was a beast to bring down (Not Anderson)...

Ran for over 100 yards in the first Qtr and a half then went out, not sure the injury but next man up ran for over 100 too.

CDAGRIZ said:
I’m having trouble keeping up. There was a kid who flunked out, then, a LB, then, a Rovig kid who would’ve started last year, then, a five-QB system, then, a Joe Flacco clone, and now the guy who would’ve started last year because of a perfo t56rmance at home against a zero win team? Is that right?

Holy shit CDA, you made my head hurt reading this. Lol
FTC

signedbewildered said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Chotes plan all along.

Next week after they lose to NAU, it’ll be the first annual “Crap on Rovig Week!” They’ll have parade! It’ll be quite the extravaganza!

signedbewildered said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Chotes plan all along.

Yes, the good plan. Tough defense and over 600 yds of offense. It is working going into conference play.

bigsky33 said:
Do not think there was much of a difference between Norfolk and Monumoth. Norfolk came in with an excellent pass defense. Rovig did a nice job against it. Cats run game just all out shredded their defense. The Cats had 3 running backs over 100 yds. That is without Anderson and Ifanse. Rovig looked very good. First time in two years I have seen that. Bryce Sterk on defense was a complete beast. Looking good going into conference play against NAU.
While neither was good, Monmouth would piss on Norfolk. Just a fact.

uofmman1122 said:
bigsky33 said:
Do not think there was much of a difference between Norfolk and Monumoth. Norfolk came in with an excellent pass defense. Rovig did a nice job against it. Cats run game just all out shredded their defense. The Cats had 3 running backs over 100 yds. That is without Anderson and Ifanse. Rovig looked very good. First time in two years I have seen that. Looking good going into conference play against NAU.
:lol:
Well ... not exactly.
Norfolk is a terrible team and has been for a good many years. They were 4-7 in 2018, with two of those wins against D-II opponents. This year they are 1-3, with losses to MSU and two weak FBS teams. Their only win was against a D-II opponent.

Monmouth is competitive in its conference ... it's just that they have to go through Kennesaw State for a championship. They were 8-3 in 2018 and are 2-2 this year. Their losses have been to the Griz and an FBS opponent. Their wins are against FCS opponents, including a decent one from the CAA.

I'd say there was quite a large difference between the two. Still -- credit where it's due -- MSU kicked Norfolk's butt by 35 (as they should have), while the Griz won by "only" 20 :D .

Latest posts

Back