• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante’s draft stock

hm.grwn.grizfan

DONOR
Went way up this weekend. I rewatched the game, and he definitely put on a show for NFL scouts. If scouts wanted to see how he’d perform against top talent to move him up their boards, he just gave them everything they want and more. He was everywhere, on every play.

AND he's just a great freaking kid to boot. Works hard, studies hard, humble, will do anything for the team or a stranger in need for that matter.

Very proud he is forever a GRIZ.

Add to that Hauck had a great game in run support. He can improve on coverage skills but he is a safety.

It was unreal seeing him all over the field. We've seen him do that against FCS teams, but against that competition was truly remarkable. He played his best game as a Griz against the best competition he's seen on the biggest stage.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Went way up this weekend. I rewatched the game, and he definitely put on a show for NFL scouts. If scouts wanted to see how he’d perform against top talent to move him up their boards, he just gave them everything they want and more. He was everywhere, on every play.

How did you rewatch the game?

MTGRZ said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

How did you rewatch the game?
I have pac 12 network on sling tv

Just watched the game for the first time. I was either very impressed with the Griz D or unimpressed with the Oregon O. I thought Olsen played really well and Montana had a good scheme set up by the coaches. Even though we only scored 3 points I thought the O played well. Over all I think we will get better each week and show everyone they made a big mistake voting Montana 5th in the BSC. I personally can’t wait for the Eastern game. How do you spell over rated? EWU.

IdahoGrizFan said:
Just watched the game for the first time. I was either very impressed with the Griz D or unimpressed with the Oregon O. I thought Olsen played really well and Montana had a good scheme set up by the coaches. Even though we only scored 3 points I thought the O played well. Over all I think we will get better each week and show everyone they made a big mistake voting Montana 5th in the BSC. I personally can’t wait for the Eastern game. How do you spell over rated? EWU.

Well right now I spell it MSU. That last game was a clusterfuck.

signedbewildered said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

Well right now I spell it MSU. That last game was a [*]f***.

Or both.....

I agree with all the above accolades. He is really really good. I would not be surprised if by end of year he is in the 3rd round. But I did read an interesting article recently that NFL teams are carrying fewer LB's and more Strong safety types that can cover the new breed of fast and athletic TE's and cover guys out of the slot.But if he stays healthy I think he will have an outstanding NFL career.

UncleRico said:
I agree with all the above accolades. He is really really good. I would not be surprised if by end of year he is in the 3rd round. But I did read an interesting article recently that NFL teams are carrying fewer LB's and more Strong safety types that can cover the new breed of fast and athletic TE's and cover guys out of the slot. But if he stays healthy I think he will have an outstanding NFL career.
Opening disclaimer: Have not seen as much continuous action as we'd like, due to spotty TV coverage and piss-poor streaming. So I only have snippets of action to go by.

That being said, I would venture to say that one of Olson's strengths is, in fact, his ability to cover TE's and backs out on routes. Several people who have seen more action have commented on his ability -- with his super-high motor -- to be "all over the field." So the trend you suggest might actually be a plus.

Yes? No? Constructive feedback welcome.

IdaGriz01 said:
UncleRico said:
I agree with all the above accolades. He is really really good. I would not be surprised if by end of year he is in the 3rd round. But I did read an interesting article recently that NFL teams are carrying fewer LB's and more Strong safety types that can cover the new breed of fast and athletic TE's and cover guys out of the slot. But if he stays healthy I think he will have an outstanding NFL career.
Opening disclaimer: Have not seen as much continuous action as we'd like, due to spotty TV coverage and piss-poor streaming. So I only have snippets of action to go by.

That being said, I would venture to say that one of Olson's strengths is, in fact, his ability to cover TE's and backs out on routes. Several people who have seen more action have commented on his ability -- with his super-high motor -- to be "all over the field." So the trend you suggest might actually be a plus.

Yes? No? Constructive feedback welcome.

I agree with you it may benefit him. He is a great player and can cover people. I think his biggest strength is that he is just an outstanding tackler.

Back