• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz at Oregon Predictions

Paytonlives

Staff member
Almost did not put this up because:

I'll be happy if

#1- No Injuries (This trumps #2 & #3 by a long ways)
#2- UM scores more than 14
#3- Oregon scores less than 64

I’m guessing Oregon 55, Griz (with the shocker!) 21. 14 of those are in garbage time. Just reality...

Oregon just put up 77 points against Nevada (a team that stole a victory from Big 10 Purdue in Week 1). Realistically I predict the score to be 66-10 Ducks after they take their foot off the gas going into the 4th..

I'm hoping we can put 14 or 17 on the board, not all in garbage time either.

As far as what they score...

giphy.gif

We're lucky we didnt play them this week. They'll beat us handily but not as bad as they just beat Nevada. They wont feel the need to prove themselves coming off of a big loss and take their foot off the pedal.

Oregon 55 - Montana 13

On a side note, will there be any unintended consequences of playing an FBS team in week 3 rather than week 1 as far as polls go? Or will we get the same benefit of the doubt when we lose?

What's crazy from watching Oregon is that their defense actually looks much better than their office.

We will be lucky to break double digits if we don't get shut out.

am thinking this is a trap game for Oregon and they will be thinking about playing Stanford the following week...am hoping at least.

Predicted UM player of the game: Adam Wilson (punter)

Because he got a leg (maybe NFL potential??) and he'll get a workout vs Oregon.

He may be the biggest beneficiary of the money game due to the expanded coverage.

Not that I think Hauck ran up the score, because I don't. I do believe what goes around comes around. And, also, I'm horrible at math and the numbers are fresh in my mind:

Oregon 61
Griz 17

48-20 Ducks. Hope we can do the almost impossible and pull off an upset with a score of 34-31 though.

Oregon 66-3

Their Oline and edge rushers are going to be an extremely tough task. They held Nevada to 192 total yards and two field goals, one of which they gave away because a punt hit an Oregon player who had his back turned on his own 10 yard line.

Also, their 2nd and 3rd string did about 28 points worth of damage while stil giving up no points. They also have been missing their 3 starting receivers and their best right tight end so far this season. Downt the griz see them though.

Gonna be a tough one next week.

fltheadgriz said:
am thinking this is a trap game for Oregon and they will be thinking about playing Stanford the following week...am hoping at least.

Howdy, Grizzlies fans.

Oregon didn't really call the dogs off in terms of play calling until well after they had the backups in. They are going to want to let the young talent (which they have a lot of) play.

Oregon's top-5 (maybe #1) O-Line is probably going to have their way vs most all d-lines this year short of Auburn's, and they handled Auburn's pretty well most of the game.

Chances are Montana won't turn it over quite so many times, but won't have quite as many players on the lines as Nevada, so the score will end up being similar -- maybe 70-9, Ducks.

Back