• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz add Grad transfer CB from UTEP

Trying to figure out how he’s CB depth (I know that’s what the article says) when he played receiver at UTEP.

"Foster played at UTEP under current UM assistant head coach and wide receivers coach Brent Pease in 2016 and 2017. At Jackson High School north of Seattle, Foster also ran track and was coached by Pease's wife Paula"

AZGrizFan said:
Trying to figure out how he’s CB depth (I know that’s what the article says) when he played receiver at UTEP.

Was wondering the same thing. Maybe he was a stud Corner in high school Who ended up playing receiver like a Justin Calhoun? Kind of strange. I suppose with Roland moving on they wanted one more guy

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Was wondering the same thing. Maybe he was a stud Corner in high school Who ended up playing receiver like a Justin Calhoun? Kind of strange. I suppose with Roland moving on they wanted one more guy

Man...he best be a real quick learner... :?

I used to run into Brent and Paula here in Mill Creek occasionally.

Jackson has a strong athletics programs, particularly in baseball where they've placed a number of players into the MLB (and had the #1 overall draft pick a few years ago). Also Craig Chamber's high school.

But I agree with AZ. It's a little late in the year to turn a WR into a CB.

Yes with Roland moving along depth never hurts, a lot of guys who play WR also have played CB, sounds like he could even help in the return game if needed. I’m thinking this is the either a replacement for Roland or he was in the fold and Roland saw the writing on the wall, he did take Rolands #28 on the roster.

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Man...he best be a real quick learner... :?
:lol: Was thinking the same thing.

grizfan1984 said:
Yes with Roland moving along depth never hurts, a lot of guys who play WR also have played CB, sounds like he could even help in the return game if needed. I’m thinking this is the either a replacement for Roland or he was in the fold and Roland saw the writing on the wall, he did take Rolands #28 on the roster.

Sounds like he was a replacement. Probably reached out before but there was no spot for him. As Roland left we gave him a call and now he’s here. Was a good CB in HS. Probably will just see ST time but sounds like he’s got some speed

mtgrizfankb said:
grizfan1984 said:

Sounds like he was a replacement. Probably reached out before but there was no spot for him. As Roland left we gave him a call and now he’s here. Was a good CB in HS. Probably will just see ST time but sounds like he’s got some speed
At 5'9' and 165 pounds, he better have speed.

EverettGriz said:
I used to run into Brent and Paula here in Mill Creek occasionally.

Jackson has a strong athletics programs, particularly in baseball where they've placed a number of players into the MLB (and had the #1 overall draft pick a few years ago). Also Craig Chamber's high school.

But I agree with AZ. It's a little late in the year to turn a WR into a CB.

Calhoun switched last year after the first week of preseason, I believe.

Name-dropper.

Maybe we should set up a thread for never-played-the-gamers who want to make pure football comments. Not express their views; make pure football comments. "It's too late to switch from receiver to corner. That hasn't occurred at UM since last year at this time."

Looks like this kid will be a pure cover guy. I wonder if he was one of the transfer corners who visited Missoula the weekend before preseason practice started. Tuff Harris had a 10.68 at some meet. Don't think his all class record was that fast, but don't know for sure.

PlayerRep said:
Maybe we should set up a thread for never-played-the-gamers who want to make pure football comments. Not express their views; make pure football comments. "It's too late to switch from receiver to corner. That hasn't occurred at UM since last year at this time."

Looks like this kid will be a pure cover guy. I wonder if he was one of the transfer corners who visited Missoula the weekend before preseason practice started. Tuff Harris had a 10.68 at some meet. Don't think his all class record was that fast, but don't know for sure.

Do you think a guy who was already with the team, went through spring ball with the team, played WR against the team D and then switched to CB right before fall ball is at the same point as the guy who just signed?

Because I don’t. And I’m not suggesting he’s a bad pickup or that he’s gonna suck or that we don’t need him. But to presume he’s as up to speed as Calhoun was when HE switched is comical.

PlayerRep said:

GREAT idea!

I've also been thinking we should add one for played-the-game-in-the-leather-helmet-era. Mods??

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Do you think a guy who was already with the team, went through spring ball with the team, played WR against the team D and then switched to CB right before fall ball is at the same point as the guy who just signed?

Because I don’t. And I’m not suggesting he’s a bad pickup or that he’s gonna suck or that we don’t need him. But to presume he’s as up to speed as Calhoun was when HE switched is comical.

No one does. Except...well...nuff said.

Back