• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaches Poll: EWU #3

AZGrizFan said:
retiredpopo said:
Some tough openers in the top 20.
:lol: :lol:

Gonna be a LOT of 0-1 teams come the first Monday.
Yep. I count 11 FBS money games ... plus maybe 2-3 potential FCS vs FCS upsets.

It's a little early to start my "Upset Guesses" poll, but when I do -- early next week, most likely -- I can see a few very interesting matchups.

UNI - I guess I’ll never understand.
That team has lost no less than 5 times every year starting in 2012.
38 losses.

I know the Griz have had nearly as many losses in the same period. But start the year out of the Top 25 after a 5-loss season.

DuCharme said:
38 losses.
I’m with you. So many five-loss seasons … and in three of those years, they lost 6 games. Overall, they are 50-38 (57%) since 2012 … meaning that in seven seasons they are just 6 games over .500. Pitiful.

Yet every year the pollsters pump them up in the pre-season poll. And when they lose, they never seem to get “punished” (drop spots) as much as you’d expect. Of course, there big claim to fame is their ability to go into Iowa State and pull an “upset” (twice since 2012). Somehow, the pollsters don’t “get it” that Iowa State has been pretty crappy, going 31-53 over that stretch.

IdaGriz01 said:
DuCharme said:
38 losses.
I’m with you. So many five-loss seasons … and in three of those years, they lost 6 games. Overall, they are 50-38 (57%) since 2012 … meaning that in seven seasons they are just 6 games over .500. Pitiful.

Yet every year the pollsters pump them up in the pre-season poll. And when they lose, they never seem to get “punished” (drop spots) as much as you’d expect. Of course, there big claim to fame is their ability to go into Iowa State and pull an “upset” (twice since 2012). Somehow, the pollsters don’t “get it” that Iowa State has been pretty crappy, going 31-53 over that stretch.
I think a big part of what factors in is how tough it is perceived to play in the MVFC.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
DuCharme said:
38 losses.

I think a big part of what factors in is how tough it is perceived to play in the MVFC.

The dopest conference in the FCS.

grizindabox said:
EverettGriz said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
https://www.krem.com/article/sports...ason/293-efa918b1-437a-4ef4-8b37-e55bb157254b

In fact, Eastern's hardest game of the season is going to be at Montana on October 26th. Eastern has gone 5-1 over Montana in their last six meetings, so I'm always going to pick Eags in that match up until further notice.

This conference is a f***[*] joke.

Because UM is 1-5 against EWU in the last 6 meetings?

Because ewoooo doesn't play any of the predicted top teams. But I suspect you knew that.

CDAGRIZ said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
DuCharme said:
38 losses.

About time you said something right!

UNI also consistently plays either Iowa or Iowa State each year, and several years have had two FBS games.

Pretty big disparity between that schedule and the Grizzlies over the past few years....

DuCharme said:
38 losses.

Same thing with UNH up until a year or two ago.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:

UNI also consistently plays either Iowa or Iowa State each year, and several years have had two FBS games.

Pretty big disparity between that schedule and the Grizzlies over the past few years....

Ooof.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:

Yeah, the Grizzly schedule that included a win over NDSU. We beat UNI like a drum; they've never beaten us.

2011BisonAlumni said:

Sounds like a bunch of excuses for mediocrity to me.

Back