• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

True Freshman Ostmo Making a Push at RB

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I’m hearing a lot of great things about true Freshman Nick Ostmo. He’s got the size at 6’1 215 and he’s been turning a lot of heads at practice. From today:

“True freshman running back Nick Ostmo continues to impress. The 6-foot, 215-pound hard-nosed runner from Portland, Oregon, ran for an 80-yard touchdown against the first-team defense and a 92-yard touchdown against the second-team defense.”

This is a kid Hauck has said could see the field.

WaGriz4life said:
Love it.

Sounds like Dan Moore

Loved Dan Moore. But let’s hope this kid is the first Nick Ostmo & can have a long healthy career @ Montana.

WaGriz4life said:
Love it.

Sounds like Dan Moore

Moore was 2 inches shorter and 20 pounds heavier. Couldn’t avoid the injury bug. I don’t think Dan was breaking any 92-yarders.

DuCharme said:
WaGriz4life said:
Love it.

Sounds like Dan Moore

Moore was 2 inches shorter and 20 pounds heavier. Couldn’t avoid the injury bug. I don’t think Dan was breaking any 92-yarders.

He did have an 87 yard TD reception against APP State.

SaskGriz said:
DuCharme said:
WaGriz4life said:
Love it.

Sounds like Dan Moore

And a great hurdling TD against MSU. Generally he never saw a collision he didn't like. Took its toll.

It’s worth seeing his HUDL. Kid plays a mean LB too. You can see why he’s making an early impression.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/1878992/Nick-Ostmo

SaskGriz said:
DuCharme said:
WaGriz4life said:
Love it.

Sounds like Dan Moore

I’m obviously remembering his speed wrong. Seems, it would take more speed to make a play out of a catch and run.

The big difference between Ostmo and Moore is that Ostmo doesn’t seek out contact. He looks like he will punish anyone who tries to tackle, but will also make the cut to avoid contact. I felt like Dan Moore didn’t do that as much and, given his running style, that impaired his durability. Just by running style alone, I would put Ostmo in the Chase Reynolds category (not saying he is the next Chase, just that the running styles are similar): good cuts, decisive, patient, delivers the blow, keeps feet turning, and excellent vision. Dan ran the football like he was Bobby Boucher. I seriously thought some of the defenders he trucked must have made a pass at his sister and kicked the family dog.

DuCharme said:
I’m obviously remembering his speed wrong. Seems, it would take more speed to make a play out of a catch and run.

Was that the game he jumped over a tackler? Got about 15 - 20 more yards after that if memory serves.........

Good to see you posting VictorG! Hope you are well! I think DM worked on his speed and agility and was much better his senior year, but still had injuries that year!

granitegriz said:
Good to see you posting VictorG! Hope you are well! I think DM worked on his speedy and agility and was much better his senior year, but still had injuries that year!

IMO he was to "over developed" physically. To powerful for his body to withstand the punishment....kind of like me but different! :D

Back