• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Honest question (I never played the game)...

grizpsych

Lie: I played one year at Sentinel. Edit: I also played quarter back for Washington Middle School's Flag Football Team.

Anyway, what is our chance of beating Oregon this year?

If we can hit a few big plays, and Oregon turns it over a few times, we might be able to keep it within a few scores. That's as good as we can hope.

It’s going to come down to our execution on defense, offense, and special teams. If the guys play to their potential in just those three areas of the game, I think we have a shot. We should also try to limit our turnovers, and that all depends on coaching. Hauck & Co. should be telling these guys not to turn the ball over.

Hooked, a snowballs chance in hell. I still think, in a perfect storm, the Griz have a chance. App St. was laughed at once upon a time.

..if we get beat by 20 l'm calling that a win..Oregon is stacked with talent..Herbert could have gone to
NFL draft but chose to stay..says a lot!

I think UM should form a new conference minus Eastern Washington, Weber, UC Davis which would be made up of teams that we have a 95% chance of beating. Teams like Dixie State, Northern Colorado, Central Washington. It would be a FCS Conference, so we will know in advance that we will make the play offs every year. We would never schedule up because we will know in advance we will lose. So when our excellent coaching staff fashions a first rate team, such as the current team, we won’t ever wonder or dream if we can actually upset a highly ranked FBS team. It will be our policy to stay in our niche whereby we are never defeated nor will our team ever realize how good they actually are in the sport of football.

CDAGRIZ said:
It’s going to come down to our execution on defense, offense, and special teams. If the guys play to their potential in just those three areas of the game, I think we have a shot. We should also try to limit our turnovers, and that all depends on coaching. Hauck & Co. should be telling these guys not to turn the ball over.

No, it all comes down to each player doing their 1\11th. If they do that, they get beat by 50. If they only do 1\12th of their 1\11th, you get beat by 70. BUT, if they decide to do 1\10th of their 1\11th, you only get beat by 30. It's junior high math fellas. :thumb:

The better question may be, will the Griz make it out of this game without any major injuries? The payday is nice but these play up games always worry me.

Griz2k said:
AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:
None. Ducks by 35...and that might be generous.

Given the way the UW game went (which I was at) I’d take that.

Maybe we'll get a couple garbage time td's to get it to 35.

Agree. ^^^ Get away from there with no injuries and a loss of 35 or less would be a very good showing.

Go Griz!

My expectation is that the Griz go into Autzen stadium and compete. Score a couple tds on offense and get some stops on defense. Get better. Rotate in the backups and have a good time playing at an awesome venue. Do those things, and it will be a success. Don’t let up in the 4th quarter regardless of the score, and I’ll be happy.

Back