• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana Football Hour 2019 & FCS Speculator

Colter_Nuanez56

For the second year in a row, the first hour of Tootell and Nuanez every Monday will be dedicated to football around the state of Montana, particularly focusing on the Griz and the Bobcats. I will post that content here.

Our broadcast from the Big Sky Kickoff in Spokane:

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-july-15-2019-hour-1-live-from-the-big-sky-kickoff/

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-july-15-2019-hour-2-live-from-the-big-sky-kickoff/

Here's our interview with Bobby Hauck from the Big Sky Kickoff:

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-july-16-2019-hour-2-bobby-hauck-the-future-of-the-big-sky/

Yesterday, Tootell was out but Anthony Nachreiner joined me to talk about the Montana East-West Shrine game plus a discussion about number controversies, Dante Olson on the Buck Buchanan and Butkus Award lists and an interview from the Big Sky Kickoff with Montana State head coach Jeff Choate.

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-july-22-2019-hour-1-nachreiner-on-shrine-game-olson-butkus-list-jeff-choate/

'68griz said:
dayday said:
This past Monday was entirely too MSU friendly for me to listen to the whole hour.
++1

Uh this is for the whole state. Prior to this, there wasn't this kind of coverage. I'm grateful for this coverage. I'm sure, Cat fans think it's to GRIZ heavy. Thanks for the coverage, guys.

mtgrizrule said:
'68griz said:
dayday said:
This past Monday was entirely too MSU friendly for me to listen to the whole hour.
++1

Uh this is for the whole state. Prior to this, there wasn't this kind of coverage. I'm grateful for this coverage. I'm sure, Cat fans think it's to GRIZ heavy. Thanks for the coverage, guys.

Yes of course balance is fine and love the show but it’s leaning more MSU lately and Tootell has not been bringing it back to the middle. Colter usually has more Cat info because of access but still there are more Griz fans statewide and especially in Missoula so the show should reflect that for football coverage in my opinion lol

Perception is the key. If their show is thought to be heavy pro-cat, then kiss the Griz fans goodbye. Professional suicide. :eek:

It’s a statewide effort now. & no one needs explain that it was a business decision. They’re obligated to spend more time talking Gallatin valley stuff. I don’t live in the 406, so listening is to the podcast when I walk the dogs. Yes, I skip the state ag parts & the conversations with Tommy, and most of the rest of it not related to HS or college football frankly.

If I were to add up all the time I spent watching them on SWX, it wouldn't amount to more than 3 minutes. Boring. What is this business decision and Gallatin Valley stuff, bg? Serious question, as I really don't know.
Why would Colter come on eGriz to advertise his program if it is going to be slanted toward the scats? Seems counter productive, as it would prompt Griz fans to turn their program the hell off. Once you alienate a segment of the population, it is hard to get them back. I don't know who is making these 'business decisions' for the program, but I doubt he/she is a UM MBA grad.

tourist said:
If I were to add up all the time I spent watching them on SWX, it wouldn't amount to more than 3 minutes. Boring. What is this business decision and Gallatin Valley stuff, bg? Serious question, as I really don't know.
Why would Colter come on eGriz to advertise his program if it is going to be slanted toward the scats? Seems counter productive, as it would prompt Griz fans to turn their program the hell off. Once you alienate a segment of the population, it is hard to get them back. I don't know who is making these 'business decisions' for the program, but I doubt he/she is a UM MBA grad.

So you'd rather listen to nothing than a program that is "60% Cats and 40% Griz" (which it isn't, it's much closer to 50/50)?

I'm going to guess the that listeners added by making it a split show is greater than the number of offended Griz fans who are now apparently going to tune out.

tourist said:

This will take a minute...

Up until the last six months or so, when Toots came on during the intro he always said “Hello Missoula.” The station tags in the normal ESPN announcer voice noted being “For Western Montana” & the majority of local segments were on HS & college stuff in and around Missoula, Flathead & Bitterroot Valleys. Now he’s saying “Hello Montana’, a slightly larger swath of real estate than Missoula. They’re on YouTube & SWX, meaning it’s a significantly bigger audience potentially than what they were getting solely from Missoula radio & podcasting. That’s the business decision that’s caused them to widen out their content. They’re not playing to a Missoula/western Montana audience primarily anymore. So, you’re likely to hear more about the state ag program that you’d like if you’re a Griz fan. They know it won’t please everyone, but as my grandfather (and later Ursa) always told me - “you make up on the tomatoes what you lose on the potatoes.” Fans will come and go, but this move gets them out to a wider audience, meaning a chance @ greater revenues. You have a lot to learn about marketing my old Padawan.

I don’t listen or watch live, just podcasts, so I can curate my own consumption. With that said, where are BW & the gang with the way-to-early season preview already? But what would I know, I’m just a whiny bitch anyway.

Not that this matters but I absolutely don't mind listening to the more Griz-centric shows along with the Bobcat ones. Colter always has good insight and knows how to read between the lines when deciphering what Bobby H. says in his press bits. Plus, its interesting to know how the Griz are doing and what players are coming along.

But, I understand if a Griz or Bobcat fan wants to tune out the opposite side while listening. However, as stated above, the listener has the power to simply not tune in and Colter does a good job of breaking down what is going to be talked about in the segment posted online.

And also...as Colter stated...its never a bad thing to know your enemy.

tourist said:
Perception is the key. If their show is thought to be heavy pro-cat, then kiss the Griz fans goodbye. Professional suicide. :eek:

it is not mostly pro cat or anywhere close, which tells me you mostly don't listen to the show anyways. Last year during the season it was mostly Griz Centric. At worst the coverage is 50/50 Cat to Griz usually leaning more towards Griz content. Now, Skyline sports at first was mostly Cats coverage but Colter has done a nice job getting some great Griz content on there.

Thanks for the background bg, as a non-listener/watcher I was unaware of their status or growth. They can talk about whatever they want, no sweat off mine.
Ray, in subsequent posts I have stated what your analysis came up with, that is I am not a listener.

VimSince03 said:
Not that this matters but I absolutely don't mind listening to the more Griz-centric shows along with the Bobcat ones. Colter always has good insight and knows how to read between the lines when deciphering what Bobby H. says in his press bits. Plus, its interesting to know how the Griz are doing and what players are coming along.

But, I understand if a Griz or Bobcat fan wants to tune out the opposite side while listening. However, as stated above, the listener has the power to simply not tune in and Colter does a good job of breaking down what is going to be talked about in the segment posted online.

100%. I love the insights you get from some of the interviews that tell you what is going on within a program, where the coaching staff is focusing and placing value, and what the overall coaching philosophy is. If more mouth breathing griz fans paid attention to the Bobcat program and Choate's philosophies, they wouldn't be so shocked when we beat the griz three years in a row. They also wouldn't make stupid statements like Choate is and always will be a losing coach, last year's winning season was a fluke, and in 2019 we'll go back to losing seasons and will be lucky to win three or four games. :lol:

poorgriz said:
VimSince03 said:

100%. I love the insights you get from some of the interviews that tell you what is going on within a program, where the coaching staff is focusing and placing value, and what the overall coaching philosophy is. If more mouth breathing griz fans paid attention to the Bobcat program and Choate's philosophies, they wouldn't be so shocked when we beat the griz three years in a row. They also wouldn't make stupid statements like Choate is and always will be a losing coach, last year's winning season was a fluke, and in 2019 we'll go back to losing seasons and will be lucky to win three or four games. :lol:

I never once said you would be lucky to win three or four games. I said at most you win two. Everything else highlighted here is accurate though.

poorgriz said:
VimSince03 said:

If I was to go over to BN, how many times would I find Griz posters agreeing with one another? Asking for no one.

Montana Football Hour from July 29
https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-july-29-2019-hour-1-montana-football-hour-big-sky-qb-rankings-in-state-recruiting/

From last Thursday, our top story lines for Griz fall camp
https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-july-31-2019-hour-2-griz-bobcat-fall-camp-story-lines-trivia-missoula-osprey/

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-august-5-2019-hour-1-montana-football-hour-fall-camp-evolution-sports-in-society-3-big-things-for-bobcats-grizzlies/

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-august-5-2019-hour-2-craig-haley-from-fcs-stats-b-52s-griz-fall-camp-position-battles/

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-august-6-2019-hour-1-griz-fall-camp-how-old-were-you-when-you-first-realied-the-date/

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-august-7-2019-hour-1-griz-fall-camp-trivia-bobby-hauck/

https://tootellandnuanez.podbean.com/e/tootell-and-nuanez-august-9th-2019-hour-1-msu-oc-matt-miller-osprey-baseball-venues/

Back