• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

cat RB Olson blows knee- out for 2019-20

Paytonlives

Staff member
The kid was awesome as a senior then he broke his arm. Now he blows a knee at The badlands bowl. Tough break for a really good player.

https://twitter.com/LaurenNBCMT/status/1142100325328834560

Paytonlives said:
The kid was awesome as a senior then he broke his arm. Now he blows a knee at The badlands bowl. Tough break for a really good player.

https://twitter.com/LaurenNBCMT/status/1142100325328834560

That sucks, here's to a speedy and successful recovery.

maroonandsilver said:
Why any of these kids who are going on to play college football play in these all-star games is a mystery to me.

Probably because they are competitors, they are team oriented (and not selfish), they like to play the game, they want to interact with other good MT players, and they want to improve.

PlayerRep said:
maroonandsilver said:
Why any of these kids who are going on to play college football play in these all-star games is a mystery to me.

Probably because they are competitors, they are team oriented (and not selfish), they like to play the game, they want to interact with other good MT players, and they want to improve.

And how'd that work out for Mr. Olson?

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:
maroonandsilver said:

And how'd that work out for Mr. Olson?

I assume he will be fine. He will get great medical care. He will rehab hard. He's young. He will be bigger and stronger by the time he starts playing in college.

Do you think that no one ever recovers from an ACL tear?

Do you think the way to improve is to avoid games, and avoid contacts?

Do you also wonder why anyone plays football in high school? They could get hurt.

Looks you are someone who never played the game. The number of dumb comments coming out of some never-played-the-gamers is huge.

DuCharme said:
Medical waiver possible for this kid?

If there’s a silver lining to this, this is it. He was gonna red shirt anyway and miss the season( except 4 games maybe). If he gets hurt again and has to miss most of a season due to injury, his sixth year request will almost be a sure thing. In most cases you have to miss most of two years due to medical to get a sixth year.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
Do you think the way to improve is to avoid games, and avoid contact?
I don't, but you seem to when it comes to playing up.

I have never said UM shouldn't play up.

I have merely said that some athletic dept people and coaches have said that there have been a lot of injuries in some of those games, and some of them believe the '97 Wyo. game cost UM a chance at a national championship; and the UM injury stats in the tougher FBS games support that view. I don't think that I have ever seen or heard anyone say that UM shouldn't play up.

I think it's interesting that so many people, including you, can't understand that saying there are more injuries in play up games does not = saying that UM shouldn't play FBS games. They are two completely different subjects.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

I have merely said that some athletic dept people and coaches have said that there have been a lot of injuries in some of those games, and some of them believe the '97 Wyo. game cost UM a chance at a national championship; and the UM injury stats in the tougher FBS games support that view. I don't think that I have ever seen or heard anyone say that UM shouldn't play up.

I think it's interesting that so many people, including you, can't understand that saying there are more injuries in play up games does not = saying that UM shouldn't play FBS games. They are two completely different subjects.
Maybe it's hard to understand because many on here, possibly not you, say both.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Maybe it's hard to understand because many on here, possibly not you, say both.

Feel free to find the quotes. I'm thinking that one of us has a Small College memory.

I don't oppose play up games, but I don't get excited about them either. I certainly don't have orgasms over them like some of you.

Back