• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz WR's

Paytonlives

Staff member
Jesse Owens scored 3 TD's in the Badlands Bowl tonight to tie a record. The Present and FUTURE looks very good at UM.

16 Jerry Louie-McGee R-Sr. WR 5-9 180 Coeur d'Alene, Idaho / Lake City HS

18 Samuel Akem R-Jr. WR 6-4 196 Broken Arrow, Okla. / Broken Arrow HS
82 Samori Toure R-Jr. WR 6-3 193 Portland, Ore. / Westview HS
85 Danny Burton Jr. WR 5-10 175 Helena, Mont. / Capital HS

7 Gabe Sulser So. WR 5-9 161 Billings, Mont. / Senior HS
19 Malik Flowers R-So. WR 6-2 195 Fontana, Calif. / A.B. Miller HS
80 Mitch Roberts R-So. WR 6-1 191 Missoula, Mont. / Sentinel HS

30 Jackson Groff R-Fr. WR 5-10 180 Phoenix, Ariz. / Northwest Christian HS
83 Nick Germer R-Fr. WR 6-2 190 Missoula, Mont. / Sentinel HS

TBD Jesse Owens Fr. WR 5-9 175 Billings, Mont. / Billings West HS
TBD Ryan Simpson Fr. WR 6-6 190 Bozeman, Mont. / Bozeman Senior HS

WaGriz4life said:
We only lose Jerry next year. Akeem, Toure, Sulser, Roberts will be a dominant group next year.

Really nice to see the depth there and be able to recruit without having to burn a lot of schollies in consecutive years. Focus more across the board, instead of having to load up on one group. Except for the lines on both sides of the ball.

Copper Griz said:
WaGriz4life said:
We only lose Jerry next year. Akeem, Toure, Sulser, Roberts will be a dominant group next year.

Really nice to see the depth there and be able to recruit without having to burn a lot of schollies in consecutive years. Focus more across the board, instead of having to load up on one group. Except for the lines on both sides of the ball.

I will miss the 40 WR's we used to have on the roster.

Copper Griz said:
WaGriz4life said:

I think we will add a couple in the next recruiting cycle to replace this excellent junior class.

Paytonlives said:
Jesse Owens scored 3 TD's in the Badlands Bowl tonight to tie a record. The Present and FUTURE looks very good at UM.

16 Jerry Louie-McGee R-Sr. WR 5-9 180 Coeur d'Alene, Idaho / Lake City HS

18 Samuel Akem R-Jr. WR 6-4 196 Broken Arrow, Okla. / Broken Arrow HS
82 Samori Toure R-Jr. WR 6-3 193 Portland, Ore. / Westview HS
85 Danny Burton Jr. WR 5-10 175 Helena, Mont. / Capital HS

7 Gabe Sulser So. WR 5-9 161 Billings, Mont. / Senior HS
19 Malik Flowers R-So. WR 6-2 195 Fontana, Calif. / A.B. Miller HS
80 Mitch Roberts R-So. WR 6-1 191 Missoula, Mont. / Sentinel HS

30 Jackson Groff R-Fr. WR 5-10 180 Phoenix, Ariz. / Northwest Christian HS
83 Nick Germer R-Fr. WR 6-2 190 Missoula, Mont. / Sentinel HS

TBD Jesse Owens Fr. WR 5-9 175 Billings, Mont. / Billings West HS
TBD Ryan Simpson Fr. WR 6-6 190 Bozeman, Mont. / Bozeman Senior HS

I wonder if this is the largest "Montana heavy" group on the roster? Six of 11 from the Treasure State...

My friends son played for ND last weekend. He forwarded me a screenshot of a text his son sent him from the locker room after the game that just said this.....
"Dad, those Billings schools are fu*king good"
Here is why I mention this here. To me, all the hype around Sulser for his senior year was far greater than the all the hype around Owens this year and it wasn't that close. Yet, my friend literally could not stop talking about how incredible that Owens kid from West is. Having seen glimpses of what Sulser is capable of at the college level and we get to pair him up with a similar type of MT talent for the next 3 years (possibly) is exciting to think about.

Igotgoodsources said:
My friends son played for ND last weekend. He forwarded me a screenshot of a text his son sent him from the locker room after the game that just said this.....
Here is why I mention this here. To me, all the hype around Sulser for his senior year was far greater than the all the hype around Owens this year and it wasn't that close. Yet, my friend literally could not stop talking about how incredible that Owens kid from West is. Having seen glimpses of what Sulser is capable of at the college level and we get to pair him up with a similar type of MT talent for the next 3 years (possibly) is exciting to think about.
The kid probably never saw Sulser; he's "fu*king good." The HS hype was deserved.

kemajic said:
Igotgoodsources said:
The kid probably never saw Sulser; he's "fu*king good." The HS hype was deserved.

Gabe is faster (which is scary) and a better overall football player than Jesse (also scary). Gabe was a 4-time AA All-State WR/DB. That isn't exactly easy to do.

Paytonlives said:
Just show him this...

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/603572/5a12074842061b0b6cb29fa2

The thing is...I still feel like Gabe is the opposite of overhyped. If anything he is underrated and was undervalued by the Griz offense last year.

I just hope they are planning ways to get Jesse, Gabe and JLM the ball in space a lot this year. It will be exciting. And that's just the little guys.

VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:
Just show him this...

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/603572/5a12074842061b0b6cb29fa2

The thing is...I still feel like Gabe is the opposite of overhyped. If anything he is underrated and was undervalued by the Griz offense last year.
You are exactly correct

cclarkblues said:
I just hope they are planning ways to get Jesse, Gabe and JLM the ball in space a lot this year. It will be exciting. And that's just the little guys.
Speed, and quickness: You got it or you don't. Can't be taught ... but it can be developed (how to use the speed, anyway).

Please Lord, let the offensive line produce enough time for the QB to get the ball in the hands of these guys 30 or so times a game....

Back