Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
grizindabox
eGriz Club
Posts: 14156
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by grizindabox » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:52 am

Spanky2 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:48 am

A financial commitment of 63 full ride scholarships to play Division 2 type teams is of tremendous benefit to the university and fans. Actual Division 2 membership with a commitment of 36 full ride scholarships would be more practical for UM.
I would be all for them dropping the program if you would shut the fukc up.

Spanky2
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by Spanky2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:01 am

grizindabox wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:52 am
Spanky2 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:48 am

A financial commitment of 63 full ride scholarships to play Division 2 type teams is of tremendous benefit to the university and fans. Actual Division 2 membership with a commitment of 36 full ride scholarships would be more practical for UM.
I would be all for them dropping the program if you would shut the fukc up.
Goodness. Such bad language....and hostile!

User avatar
indian-outlaw
Posts: 2266
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:56 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by indian-outlaw » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:34 pm

WaGriz4life wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:36 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:20 am
Spanky2 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:27 am
Listening to opponents of scheduling FBS teams, most of our team will be out for the season after the Oregon game due to injuries.
Not to worry. No Griz ever gets hurt playing Oregon:

Injuries after Oregon game in 2005. 12 injuries going into the next week.

"The most important loss is linebacker Loren Utterback, a starter on the strong side. His father Brad confirmed on Tuesday that the 218-pound sophomore suffered a broken foot with around eight minutes left in the game. The Fort Benton product had surgery Monday, and will be out 6-8 weeks.

At Montana's weekly press conference, head coach Bobby Hauck noted 12 injuries, without giving specifics.

Hauck listed defensive tackle Alan Saenz, defensive end Mike Murphy, corners Quentin Jackson and Tuff Harris and receiver Jon Talmage as probable; safety Colt Anderson, defensive tackle Jesse Carlson and guard Jason Frink as questionable; and corner Chris Clark, running back JR Waller and Utterback doubtful; and safety Jake McCarthy, who was hurt on the opening kickoff, as out."
That is rough, don’t remember that many injuries. I should have clarified I don’t remember one guy we lost for the year in one of those games.
I was at a griz vs Washington state game in Pullman and we lost our kick returner not only for the season but forever on the opening kickoff, it was brutal.
"If you get to thinking' you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around" Will Rogers

horribilisfan8184
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:08 am

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by horribilisfan8184 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:11 am

indian-outlaw wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:34 pm
WaGriz4life wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:36 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:20 am
Spanky2 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:27 am
Listening to opponents of scheduling FBS teams, most of our team will be out for the season after the Oregon game due to injuries.
Not to worry. No Griz ever gets hurt playing Oregon:

Injuries after Oregon game in 2005. 12 injuries going into the next week.

"The most important loss is linebacker Loren Utterback, a starter on the strong side. His father Brad confirmed on Tuesday that the 218-pound sophomore suffered a broken foot with around eight minutes left in the game. The Fort Benton product had surgery Monday, and will be out 6-8 weeks.

At Montana's weekly press conference, head coach Bobby Hauck noted 12 injuries, without giving specifics.

Hauck listed defensive tackle Alan Saenz, defensive end Mike Murphy, corners Quentin Jackson and Tuff Harris and receiver Jon Talmage as probable; safety Colt Anderson, defensive tackle Jesse Carlson and guard Jason Frink as questionable; and corner Chris Clark, running back JR Waller and Utterback doubtful; and safety Jake McCarthy, who was hurt on the opening kickoff, as out."
That is rough, don’t remember that many injuries. I should have clarified I don’t remember one guy we lost for the year in one of those games.
I was at a griz vs Washington state game in Pullman and we lost our kick returner not only for the season but forever on the opening kickoff, it was brutal.
Was there as well. If not for a phantom offensive pass interference call on a touchdown to take the lead, Griz might have won that game.

User avatar
indian-outlaw
Posts: 2266
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:56 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by indian-outlaw » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:08 pm

horribilisfan8184 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:11 am
indian-outlaw wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:34 pm
WaGriz4life wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:36 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:20 am


Not to worry. No Griz ever gets hurt playing Oregon:

Injuries after Oregon game in 2005. 12 injuries going into the next week.

"The most important loss is linebacker Loren Utterback, a starter on the strong side. His father Brad confirmed on Tuesday that the 218-pound sophomore suffered a broken foot with around eight minutes left in the game. The Fort Benton product had surgery Monday, and will be out 6-8 weeks.

At Montana's weekly press conference, head coach Bobby Hauck noted 12 injuries, without giving specifics.

Hauck listed defensive tackle Alan Saenz, defensive end Mike Murphy, corners Quentin Jackson and Tuff Harris and receiver Jon Talmage as probable; safety Colt Anderson, defensive tackle Jesse Carlson and guard Jason Frink as questionable; and corner Chris Clark, running back JR Waller and Utterback doubtful; and safety Jake McCarthy, who was hurt on the opening kickoff, as out."
That is rough, don’t remember that many injuries. I should have clarified I don’t remember one guy we lost for the year in one of those games.
I was at a griz vs Washington state game in Pullman and we lost our kick returner not only for the season but forever on the opening kickoff, it was brutal.
Was there as well. If not for a phantom offensive pass interference call on a touchdown to take the lead, Griz might have won that game.
I don't remember that. We lost by a couple of touchdowns. I wish I could remember the name of our kick returner that was hammered so hard.
"If you get to thinking' you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around" Will Rogers

User avatar
Bear Spray
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by Bear Spray » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:49 pm

HookedonGriz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:02 pm
Heroes sports used some criteria to rank the teams who have the toughest schedule. They put the Griz at number 16. There are two other teams ahead of them in the big sky with Sac State and Southern Utah

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2 ... dules-bzbz
This is no better than a preseason poll. It means nothing. You won't know until the END of the season if the schedule is tough. What are they basing this on? Results from last year? Polls from this preseason? This is nothing more than an attempt by egrizzers to pass off another miserable season in mediocrity before it even plays out. Last season, MSU played the #1,2,3 and 6 teams in the LAST NCAA poll. That's a tough schedule. They also played and beat their rival, UM in Missoula and won of course. Compare that to the 2019 UM schedule at the end of this season and then let's talk.....what a complete crock!
Censorship is telling a man he can’t have a steak just because a baby can’t chew it. – Mark Twain

User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 11864
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by kemajic » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:13 pm

Bear Spray wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:49 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:02 pm
Heroes sports used some criteria to rank the teams who have the toughest schedule. They put the Griz at number 16. There are two other teams ahead of them in the big sky with Sac State and Southern Utah

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2 ... dules-bzbz
This is no better than a preseason poll. It means nothing. You won't know until the END of the season if the schedule is tough. What are they basing this on? Results from last year? Polls from this preseason? This is nothing more than an attempt by egrizzers to pass off another miserable season in mediocrity before it even plays out. Last season, MSU played the #1,2,3 and 6 teams in the LAST NCAA poll. That's a tough schedule. They also played and beat their rival, UM in Missoula and won of course. Compare that to the 2019 UM schedule at the end of this season and then let's talk.....what a complete crock!
Uh - eGrizzers did not create this poll in case you missed that detail. And of course it means nothing.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

SaskGriz
Posts: 1832
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by SaskGriz » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:07 am

kemajic wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:13 pm
Bear Spray wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:49 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:02 pm
Heroes sports used some criteria to rank the teams who have the toughest schedule. They put the Griz at number 16. There are two other teams ahead of them in the big sky with Sac State and Southern Utah

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2 ... dules-bzbz
This is no better than a preseason poll. It means nothing. You won't know until the END of the season if the schedule is tough. What are they basing this on? Results from last year? Polls from this preseason? This is nothing more than an attempt by egrizzers to pass off another miserable season in mediocrity before it even plays out. Last season, MSU played the #1,2,3 and 6 teams in the LAST NCAA poll. That's a tough schedule. They also played and beat their rival, UM in Missoula and won of course. Compare that to the 2019 UM schedule at the end of this season and then let's talk.....what a complete crock!
Uh - eGrizzers did not create this poll in case you missed that detail. And of course it means nothing.
“Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way.”

― Steve Martin

ilovethecats
Posts: 4440
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:56 pm

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:18 am

kemajic wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:13 pm
Bear Spray wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:49 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:02 pm
Heroes sports used some criteria to rank the teams who have the toughest schedule. They put the Griz at number 16. There are two other teams ahead of them in the big sky with Sac State and Southern Utah

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2 ... dules-bzbz
This is no better than a preseason poll. It means nothing. You won't know until the END of the season if the schedule is tough. What are they basing this on? Results from last year? Polls from this preseason? This is nothing more than an attempt by egrizzers to pass off another miserable season in mediocrity before it even plays out. Last season, MSU played the #1,2,3 and 6 teams in the LAST NCAA poll. That's a tough schedule. They also played and beat their rival, UM in Missoula and won of course. Compare that to the 2019 UM schedule at the end of this season and then let's talk.....what a complete crock!
Uh - eGrizzers did not create this poll in case you missed that detail. And of course it means nothing.
whoa whoa whoa....

do you mean to tell me pre-season polls don't mean anything?! :shock:

this is devastating. :(

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 6577
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by HookedonGriz » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:25 pm

Bear Spray wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:49 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:02 pm
Heroes sports used some criteria to rank the teams who have the toughest schedule. They put the Griz at number 16. There are two other teams ahead of them in the big sky with Sac State and Southern Utah

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2 ... dules-bzbz
This is no better than a preseason poll. It means nothing. You won't know until the END of the season if the schedule is tough. What are they basing this on? Results from last year? Polls from this preseason? This is nothing more than an attempt by egrizzers to pass off another miserable season in mediocrity before it even plays out. Last season, MSU played the #1,2,3 and 6 teams in the LAST NCAA poll. That's a tough schedule. They also played and beat their rival, UM in Missoula and won of course. Compare that to the 2019 UM schedule at the end of this season and then let's talk.....what a complete crock!
Cat fans are not smart. You just dismissed this guy’s choices for toughest schedule as meaningless and states they can’t be based on the previous polls. Then one sentence later you go on about how the cats had a tough schedule...based on last year’s polls. Make up your mind cat troll.

User avatar
Bear Spray
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by Bear Spray » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:07 pm

HookedonGriz wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:25 pm
Bear Spray wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:49 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:02 pm
Heroes sports used some criteria to rank the teams who have the toughest schedule. They put the Griz at number 16. There are two other teams ahead of them in the big sky with Sac State and Southern Utah

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2 ... dules-bzbz
This is no better than a preseason poll. It means nothing. You won't know until the END of the season if the schedule is tough. What are they basing this on? Results from last year? Polls from this preseason? This is nothing more than an attempt by egrizzers to pass off another miserable season in mediocrity before it even plays out. Last season, MSU played the #1,2,3 and 6 teams in the LAST NCAA poll. That's a tough schedule. They also played and beat their rival, UM in Missoula and won of course. Compare that to the 2019 UM schedule at the end of this season and then let's talk.....what a complete crock!
Cat fans are not smart. You just dismissed this guy’s choices for toughest schedule as meaningless and states they can’t be based on the previous polls. Then one sentence later you go on about how the cats had a tough schedule...based on last year’s polls. Make up your mind cat troll.
Hooked, sober up and read my post again. I agree with most on egriz that preseason polls are worthless. My point is that the only poll that makes sense is the last one - at the end of the season - when the games have all been played. You won't know if the griz have a tough schedule until all the games are played.
Censorship is telling a man he can’t have a steak just because a baby can’t chew it. – Mark Twain

User avatar
Yukon
Posts: 3109
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:51 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by Yukon » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:51 am

"Facts are stubborn things" John Adams

User avatar
bgbigdog
eGriz Club
Posts: 5014
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:53 am
Location: US

Re: Griz have one of toughest schedules in FCS

Post by bgbigdog » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:49 pm



Sirmon is huge. The Anderson kid is also larger. Twins looking pretty good as well. Hell, everyone looks great. :thumb:
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

Post Reply