Indoor practice facility

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
PlayerRep
Posts: 24882
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by PlayerRep » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:56 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:31 pm
kemajic wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:55 pm
Paytonlives wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:23 pm
So how did this get from an indoor practice facility to FBS game injuries?
An indoor practice facility doesn't provide such argument opportunity.
:lol: :lol:

I made a tongue-in-cheek comment about things that get repeated despite their untruthfulness and PR took the bait and ran with it.

You don’t hit a home run every time up, but this was a doozie. 8-) 8-)
Actually, you took the bait from me.

User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 12191
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by kemajic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:44 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:11 pm
kemajic wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:57 pm
SaskGriz wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:08 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 am


And the evidence and data from UM's tougher FBS support the assertion. And, no one has provided any evidence or data to the contrary.
I might be a fool for trying to keep doing this, it must be the educator in me. So here goes one last time.

I have provided evidence and data to the contrary. Your assertion is that playing up results in more injuries than would be expected from FCS or playing down.

I looked at the last 5 FBS games (UW, Wyoming, Tennessee, Iowa, and Oregon) The breakdown is in an earlier post.

These are the FACTS.

1. In all 5 of those games put together we lost ONE starter for more than ONE game. That was Loren Utterbeck who missed half the season.

2. We lost our punter for a whole season in one of those years.

3. We lost a back up safety on special teams for the rest of the season in one of those years.

4. We WON all FIVE of the games we played in the week following those 5 play up games.

Pick any other randomly selected 5 games and you will see similar injury patterns.

And no matter what press secretaries may say, there is no such thing as alternative facts, there are just facts.
That's a well-done challenge which will keep this going.
He made up most of his "facts". He didn't gather correct info.

Hey Kem, did you ever play D-I ball, or just Small College?
Montana has been Small College since 1963; so of course Just Small College. And your point being that that is so relevant to this discussion; disqualifies me as a poster. Anything I have posted should be stricken from the record.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

PlayerRep
Posts: 24882
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by PlayerRep » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:54 pm

kemajic wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:44 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:11 pm
kemajic wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:57 pm
SaskGriz wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:08 pm


I might be a fool for trying to keep doing this, it must be the educator in me. So here goes one last time.

I have provided evidence and data to the contrary. Your assertion is that playing up results in more injuries than would be expected from FCS or playing down.

I looked at the last 5 FBS games (UW, Wyoming, Tennessee, Iowa, and Oregon) The breakdown is in an earlier post.

These are the FACTS.

1. In all 5 of those games put together we lost ONE starter for more than ONE game. That was Loren Utterbeck who missed half the season.

2. We lost our punter for a whole season in one of those years.

3. We lost a back up safety on special teams for the rest of the season in one of those years.

4. We WON all FIVE of the games we played in the week following those 5 play up games.

Pick any other randomly selected 5 games and you will see similar injury patterns.

And no matter what press secretaries may say, there is no such thing as alternative facts, there are just facts.
That's a well-done challenge which will keep this going.
He made up most of his "facts". He didn't gather correct info.

Hey Kem, did you ever play D-I ball, or just Small College?
Montana has been Small College since 1963; so of course Just Small College. And your point being that that is so relevant to this discussion; disqualifies me as a poster. Anything I have posted should be stricken from the record.
Actually, what it is, is that you are going to sling crap like this at me ("Because he said so, he played the game and he talks to coaches"), for no reason, I am going to eventually throw some crap back at you.

Why can't you discuss or debate the topic, instead of "attacking" me?

User avatar
Mich Griz
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:30 am
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by Mich Griz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:25 am

Why can't you discuss or debate the topic, instead of "attacking" me?
....and the Topic is.....INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITIES. Down by the river would be good because it would be closer to the entire student body. It seems like it wouldn't be utilized as often at South Campus. We are running out of space.....(we're almost to 17)
If you see Kay tell her I said HI.....

PlayerRep
Posts: 24882
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:05 am

Mich Griz wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:25 am
Why can't you discuss or debate the topic, instead of "attacking" me?
....and the Topic is.....INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITIES. Down by the river would be good because it would be closer to the entire student body. It seems like it wouldn't be utilized as often at South Campus. We are running out of space.....(we're almost to 17)
That was the original topic. It played out and evolved into another topic long ago, as often occurs on eGriz. And a nice indoor practice facility is a pipe dream, in my view. No funds or
big donors for it. Big donors should be encouraged to support academics at this point. The original topic should moved to and buried in the Windmill Chasers thread for now.

SaskGriz
Posts: 2099
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by SaskGriz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:05 am

PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:54 pm
SaskGriz wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:52 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:10 pm
SaskGriz wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:08 pm


I might be a fool for trying to keep doing this, it must be the educator in me. So here goes one last time.

I have provided evidence and data to the contrary. Your assertion is that playing up results in more injuries than would be expected from FCS or playing down.

I looked at the last 5 FBS games (UW, Wyoming, Tennessee, Iowa, and Oregon) The breakdown is in an earlier post.

These are the FACTS.

1. In all 5 of those games put together we lost ONE starter for more than ONE game. That was Loren Utterbeck who missed half the season.

2. We lost our punter for a whole season in one of those years.

3. We lost a back up safety on special teams for the rest of the season in one of those years.

4. We WON all FIVE of the games we played in the week following those 5 play up games.

Pick any other randomly selected 5 games and you will see similar injury patterns.

And no matter what press secretaries may say, there is no such thing as alternative facts, there are just facts.
Your "data" is incorrect. Filled with mistakes.

You think losing an all-conference punter for the season isn't missing a starter for more than one game?

You think that the injuries at Oregon weren't significant?

You don't think losing the starting qb in 3 of the 7 games isn't significant?

You don't think Ah Yat's injury, which impacted him for the rest of the season, wasn't significant?

Feel free to show any UM game in the last 25 years where there were more injuries than Oregon.

Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about. Clearly, you don't understand the game.
No my data is not incorrect and no it is not full of mistakes. I will try to clarify it further.

Your assertion is that playing FBS teams leads to more injuries. Therefore I looked at sample size of 5 games and it appears it hasn't led to more injuries than any other 5 randomly selected games. You have to show that these five games lead to more injuries. Not that one game against Oregon had a lot of injuries, that would only prove your point if your assertion had been playing Oregon leads to more injuries.

You are confusing the definitions of significance - being worthy of note or important with significance; the extent to which a result deviates from the norm. Of course an injury to an all-conference punter is important but a single injury does not deviate from the norm.

Is losing your starting QB in a game against Iowa more significant than losing your starting QB against Savanah State? Neither one is more significant in either definition of significance.
Sorry, but your data was wrong for all or most of the games. You either made mistakes or just lied.

Feel free to pull your data into one thread, and I I will show you where it was wrong.

Losing 3 qb’s in your 5 games is huge. UM doesn’t lose qb’s in 60% of its games. Do you not understand percentages? Do you not understand that getting your all-American QB who took you to the national championship hurt, is a big deal, when the AD and coach say it may have cost a national championship is strong evidence?

It’s hard to argue with someone like you who insists that up is really down, and east is really west.

I’m sorry but your stats combined with mine, clearly show that I, and others in this thread, are right.
Here is the break down, these are not mistakes. Anybody can look at the stats and check these.

I looked at the last 5 Play-Up games; UW(2017), Wyoming(2014), Tennessee(2011) Iowa (2006) and Oregon (2005)

I looked at who played in the play-up game and then whether they played in the next game and then whether they played in the game after that.

UW - David Shaw missed the blow out over Savannah State but played the week after.
Shane Moody appeared in neither of the next two games, don't know if that was injury or he fell out of favour.

Wyoming- Ben Weyer, Jordan Johnson, John Nguyen all missed the game against Central Washington but were back for South Dakota. Caleb Kidder appeared in neither of the next two games.

Tennessee - Matt Hermanson missed the next game against Cal Poly. Brett Kirschner, Bryce Carver, and Chris Bradford appeared in neither of the next two games. None of these four players were starters.

Iowa - Josh Swogger, David Haile, and Dan Carter missed the next game against SDSU but were back for Sac State (Swogger went 14-18, 221, 3TDS). Tyson Johnson and Chris Dyk did not appear in either of the next two games.

Oregon -10 players missed the next game; nine reserves and one starter (Loren Utterbeck), all of them played again that season with the exception of Jake McCarthy. 3 played after missing only one game (Karl Pitcher, Eric Michel and Peter Sloan)

Once again we were undefeated in the week after we played all five play up games. And just to add more basis we won the week after we played Wyoming back in 1997.

I don't know where you are getting this losing 3 out of 5 QB's. We only lost 2 (Swoggers and Johnson) and both only for one game. If you are going all the way back to Ah Yat against Wyoming, he played the next week and threw for 3 TD's. Even if you did count him it would be 3/6 which is 50% What was your line "do you understand percentages?"

As to your comment about the AD and coach saying it MAY have cost us a national championship, let's try to keep this to things that DID happen rather than things that MIGHT have happened.

In that vein can we also stay away from personal insults/attacks? We can disagree without questioning the other persons truthfulness, intelligence, or knowledge. Show me where my facts are wrong, don't move the goal posts. You asserted that we suffer MORE injuries in play up games, you must then show your STATS that MORE players get hurt in these games. Not your opinions, not anybody else's opinions, actual stats.
Last edited by SaskGriz on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spanky2
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by Spanky2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 am

Checkmate?

User avatar
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3154
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 am
Location: Displaced from the Last Best Place

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by SoldierGriz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:30 am

Boom. Roasted. PR is out of his league right now.

He is playing small ball injury debate while others are clearly thriving in the Major Leagues.

It's like he's never played this game.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

PlayerRep
Posts: 24882
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:16 pm

SaskGriz wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:05 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:54 pm
SaskGriz wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:52 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:10 pm


Your "data" is incorrect. Filled with mistakes.

You think losing an all-conference punter for the season isn't missing a starter for more than one game?

You think that the injuries at Oregon weren't significant?

You don't think losing the starting qb in 3 of the 7 games isn't significant?

You don't think Ah Yat's injury, which impacted him for the rest of the season, wasn't significant?

Feel free to show any UM game in the last 25 years where there were more injuries than Oregon.

Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about. Clearly, you don't understand the game.
No my data is not incorrect and no it is not full of mistakes. I will try to clarify it further.

Your assertion is that playing FBS teams leads to more injuries. Therefore I looked at sample size of 5 games and it appears it hasn't led to more injuries than any other 5 randomly selected games. You have to show that these five games lead to more injuries. Not that one game against Oregon had a lot of injuries, that would only prove your point if your assertion had been playing Oregon leads to more injuries.

You are confusing the definitions of significance - being worthy of note or important with significance; the extent to which a result deviates from the norm. Of course an injury to an all-conference punter is important but a single injury does not deviate from the norm.

Is losing your starting QB in a game against Iowa more significant than losing your starting QB against Savanah State? Neither one is more significant in either definition of significance.
Sorry, but your data was wrong for all or most of the games. You either made mistakes or just lied.

Feel free to pull your data into one thread, and I I will show you where it was wrong.

Losing 3 qb’s in your 5 games is huge. UM doesn’t lose qb’s in 60% of its games. Do you not understand percentages? Do you not understand that getting your all-American QB who took you to the national championship hurt, is a big deal, when the AD and coach say it may have cost a national championship is strong evidence?

It’s hard to argue with someone like you who insists that up is really down, and east is really west.

I’m sorry but your stats combined with mine, clearly show that I, and others in this thread, are right.
Here is the break down, these are not mistakes. Anybody can look at the stats and check these.

I looked at the last 5 Play-Up games; UW(2017), Wyoming(2014), Tennessee(2011) Iowa (2006) and Oregon (2005)

I looked at who played in the play-up game and then whether they played in the next game and then whether they played in the game after that.

UW - David Shaw missed the blow out over Savannah State but played the week after.
Shane Moody appeared in neither of the next two games, don't know if that was injury or he fell out of favour.

Wyoming- Ben Weyer, Jordan Johnson, John Nguyen all missed the game against Central Washington but were back for South Dakota. Caleb Kidder appeared in neither of the next two games.

Tennessee - Matt Hermanson missed the next game against Cal Poly. Brett Kirschner, Bryce Carver, and Chris Bradford appeared in neither of the next two games. None of these four players were starters.

Iowa - Josh Swogger, David Haile, and Dan Carter missed the next game against SDSU but were back for Sac State (Swogger went 14-18, 221, 3TDS). Tyson Johnson and Chris Dyk did not appear in either of the next two games.

Oregon -10 players missed the next game; nine reserves and one starter (Loren Utterbeck), all of them played again that season with the exception of Jake McCarthy. 3 played after missing only one game (Karl Pitcher, Eric Michel and Peter Sloan)

Once again we were undefeated in the week after we played all five play up games. And just to add more basis we won the week after we played Wyoming back in 1997.

I don't know where you are getting this losing 3 out of 5 QB's. We only lost 2 (Swoggers and Johnson) and both only for one game. If you are going all the way back to Ah Yat against Wyoming, he played the next week and threw for 3 TD's. Even if you did count him it would be 3/6 which is 50% What was your line "do you understand percentages?"

As to your comment about the AD and coach saying it MAY have cost us a national championship, let's try to keep this to things that DID happen rather than things that MIGHT have happened.

In that vein can we also stay away from personal insults/attacks? We can disagree without questioning the other persons truthfulness, intelligence, or knowledge. Show me where my facts are wrong, don't move the goal posts. You asserted that we suffer MORE injuries in play up games, you must then show your STATS that MORE players get hurt in these games. Not your opinions, not anybody else's opinions, actual stats.
As I said, your info is filled with mistakes. I don't have time to point out all the problems now.

You need to include the 1997 Wyo game, in which Ah Yat and others got hurt. One poster has noted that Ah Yat was not the same the rest of the season. UM athletic officials and coaching say they believe that game may have cost UM a national championship. You need to include Hawaii. Look at the UW game, and note the differences in the line up the next week.The losses at Iowa were very significant. as I have said. Tyson lost for the season, not just 2 games. Swogger missed only 1 game, but had to wear a special glove on his throwing hand for the next 6 or 8 games. It impacted his throwing.

The Oregon injuries were very significant, as most of those injured were key players. Recall that Hauck almost ran a two-platoon system when he was here previously, particularly on defense.

If an AD or coach said something, that is huge and pretty much proves the point. Sorry, but opinions of coaches and AD's are very important. Your comment on that subject is ridiculous.

In my view, it is your opinion that is useless, along with some of your stats.

User avatar
Yukon
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:51 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by Yukon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

Just checking in...er...shit. Still not about the topic.
"Facts are stubborn things" John Adams

nzone
Posts: 2500
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Great Falls

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by nzone » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 pm

Wonder which ones are actually attainable?
1. We beat the cats
2. We can afford an Indoor facility
3. We win a national championship

Spanky2
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by Spanky2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:08 pm

1 looks attainable

User avatar
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3154
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 am
Location: Displaced from the Last Best Place

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by SoldierGriz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:24 pm

nzone wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 pm
Wonder which ones are actually attainable?
1. We beat the cats
2. We can afford an Indoor facility
3. We win a national championship
Number 1. Players injured in the Oregon game should be healed up in time for the brawl.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

poorgriz
Posts: 3332
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:11 pm

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by poorgriz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:29 pm

SoldierGriz wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:24 pm
nzone wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 pm
Wonder which ones are actually attainable?
1. We beat the cats
2. We can afford an Indoor facility
3. We win a national championship
Number 1. Players injured in the Oregon game should be healed up in time for the brawl.
Fffffftt, ha right. Your players will be laying all over the field, all mangled up and stuff. Probably several career ending injuries , WTF is the administration thinking.
Bobby Hauck is God. He's not a God... he's the God.

Spanky2
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by Spanky2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:12 pm

poorgriz wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:29 pm
SoldierGriz wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:24 pm
nzone wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 pm
Wonder which ones are actually attainable?
1. We beat the cats
2. We can afford an Indoor facility
3. We win a national championship
Number 1. Players injured in the Oregon game should be healed up in time for the brawl.
Fffffftt, ha right. Your players will be laying all over the field, all mangled up and stuff. Probably several career ending injuries , WTF is the administration thinking.
We are playing down in the state college game, so we will be ok.

User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 12191
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by kemajic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:41 pm

nzone wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 pm
Wonder which ones are actually attainable?
1. We beat the cats
2. We can afford an Indoor facility
3. We win a national championship
We have shown we can attain 1 and 3 more than once. 2, not so much.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

Catsrgrood
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Come on... so close! Don’t let it die now.
Almost 16 pages.

Doesn’t PR have any more alternative facts to throw out there to “support” his view?!

User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 16656
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by CDAGRIZ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:05 pm
Come on... so close! Don’t let it die now.
Almost 16 pages.

Doesn’t PR have any more alternative facts to throw out there to “support” his view?!
16 pages? Ha! You think that's an accomplishment? You have a lot to learn about this board, sweetie.

Catsrgrood
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:40 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:05 pm
Come on... so close! Don’t let it die now.
Almost 16 pages.

Doesn’t PR have any more alternative facts to throw out there to “support” his view?!
16 pages? Ha! You think that's an accomplishment? You have a lot to learn about this board, sweetie.
I’m well aware of the weird quirks of this board, honey.

You guys always try to hit 17 pages with these dumb, off subject back and forth arguments. My point is that it’s so close, almost at 16 pages currently, don’t stop now. I know PR has more in him, and you are good for an asinine comment or 10 as well.

User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 12191
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Re: Indoor practice facility

Post by kemajic » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:15 am

PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:54 pm
kemajic wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:44 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:11 pm
kemajic wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:57 pm

That's a well-done challenge which will keep this going.
He made up most of his "facts". He didn't gather correct info.

Hey Kem, did you ever play D-I ball, or just Small College?
Montana has been Small College since 1963; so of course Just Small College. And your point being that that is so relevant to this discussion; disqualifies me as a poster. Anything I have posted should be stricken from the record.
Actually, what it is, is that you are going to sling crap like this at me ("Because he said so, he played the game and he talks to coaches"), for no reason, I am going to eventually throw some crap back at you.

Why can't you discuss or debate the topic, instead of "attacking" me?
LOL; that's an attack? My our skin thins with age....
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

Post Reply